Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

Gardenia & Cherry blossom fighting to be the era's flower mascot

Hs9v9zG.gif

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

3 minutes ago, shadesofdealer said:

The era's flower mascot will be the flowers that were dry, sitting on the dresser

We asked her where they're from, she said a place she doesn't remember :oprah3:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

8 minutes ago, shadesofdealer said:

The era's flower mascot will be the flowers that were dry, sitting on the dresser

maybe it's "wildflower" that burns burns, burns

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

50 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

Why doesn’t it make sense?…I just don’t think she cares about commercial success or charts or when it comes out. No artist who gives a shit would deactivate before an album dropped.  So why should she care about a leak at this point?

Why is it you who determines that for her? I must have missed the obvious personal connection you have with her that fuels how well you know and understand her actions.

Frank Ocean never promoted his work and always released it without any social media fanfare. He used to post music on his tumblr account for heaven’s sake. Does that necessarily mean he doesn’t care about it enough to put on the work and promote it like someone like Selena Gomez or Bad Bunny? 

She announced the date. Her deactivating her socials probably mean a lot of things: mental health issues, exhaustion from all the attention (negative and otherwise), a request from her team to let some steam off of her, etc. Why are we still insisting on the “this showed lack of interest/professionalism” just because most artists use social media to promote their work? Given how much she looks up to an era in which it was all about the music and not much about this type of industry machinations, it makes perfect sense that she would eventually want to take a break.

There are so many layers to this situation and yet some of you always seem to choose the oversimplifying interpretations and not only insist on sticking with it but also even go as far as wishing for a leak because YOU determined she doesn’t care for whatever reasons and therefore all of a sudden we’re allowed to minimize the release date she and her label decided. Make this make any sense…

IMG-7960.jpg

Since some others are doing rankings

Wildfire Wildflower > Arcadia > Textbook >= Blue Banisters

Luckily, regardless of my ranking, they are all beautiful and exceptional and this album will be such a huge highlight in her discography. That’s one of the good things about the old leaked songs, that won’t matter in 5, 10, 20, etc. years. What will matter is the quality of the material and the material is something to be looked at :hottie:

I want to sound extra intelligent and say that this era's flowers are banisters. yes. i'm talking about trees. the entire tree. trees are flowers too. 

but also. wish we got another booklet I mean look at this. 
CPRC7wIUAAAofPB.jpg

Imagine a booklet where she's hanging around the wooden stairs/deck we NEED a booklet the album aesthetic's been so beautiful 

UV/Honeymoon

8 minutes ago, Diamantes WILD said:

I want to sound extra intelligent and say that this era's flowers are banisters. yes. i'm talking about trees. the entire tree. trees are flowers too. 

but also. wish we got another booklet I mean look at this. 
CPRC7wIUAAAofPB.jpg

Imagine a booklet where she's hanging around the wooden stairs/deck we NEED a booklet the album aesthetic's been so beautiful 

god I miss the booklets :crai: dripping with aesthetic

also I'm back hello hi y'all what I miss 

28 minutes ago, shadesofdealer said:

i said what i  said nfr is an awful track

You're right and you should say it. One of her least interesting tracks, lyrically and sonically. I think the shock of the opening lines and the fact that it's NFR blinds a lot of people to how bland it is.