Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

1 minute ago, ByDayAnother said:

I dunno, I assumed the “them” she screams for are “all the things [plural ]I couldn’t want for him”, as “I screamed for them” comes right after. The things she couldn’t want for him are the things she screams for.

Eh… I don’t buy that, with all due respect. She screamed for the things she couldn’t want for him at a Black Lives Matter protest?

IMG-1607.jpg

4 minutes ago, ByDayAnother said:

I dunno, I assumed the “them” she screams for are “all the things [plural ]I couldn’t want for him”, as “I screamed for them” comes right after. The things she couldn’t want for him (her father) are the things she screams for.

at the end of the day, only lana herself knows what she meant in her lyrics, we just have to do our best to decipher them and come up with our own interpretations :agree:

WGe8ynS.gif

I wish I could see what everyone else sees in the title track. It rivals NFR for my least favorite of her title tracks rn :crai:

I love her vocal performance on it and its simple arrangement works, but the verses and choruses for whatever reason just feel really disjointed to me, and I know it's relevant to the rest of the song but the name-dropping really takes me out of it. It's easily my least favorite of the BB songs we've heard so far.

Spoiler

For reference

1. Text Book
  2. Living Legend (subject to change since it's been redone apparently)
  3. Dealer
  4. Nectar of the Gods
  5. Cherry Blossom
  6. Wildflower Wildfire
  7. Arcadia
  8. Thunder
  9. The Trio
  10. Blue Banisters

2 minutes ago, COCC said:

cooltext393870469375416.gif

cooltext393870534627859.gif

that glowing text is so witchy omg

whatarecoloris.jpg

3 minutes ago, Sportscruiser said:

Could you elaborate, please?

Just now, Surf Noir said:

i'm pretty sure it is, the first line referencing blm was "there we were screaming black lives matter", so it would make sense that she's saying "i screamed for (black lives/black lives matter)" i think she was saying that despite what her partner at the time thought of her going to these protests, she's going to scream & protest anyways, and do what she thinks is right

i mean look at the lyrics:

All the things I couldn't want for him
I screamed for them
I screamed for them

She's likening the devastation of her man not being in the right side of history with her like it's a protest of her own. She isn't mentioning BLM as a means to dispel the racism claims - it's meant to place this story in time and to highlight how heartbreaking it is to witness someone you love go against the fucking bare minimum and your core beliefs as a good person. Like imagine how she might feel seeing Sean witnessing her at the protests and him just seeing her and doing nothing but being a pig. Text Book tells a very sad story and I personally relate to it after seeing my ex turn into a major hypocrite and it's truly devastating when you find out the person you love and cared for is someone you're supposed to despise - in Lana's case a racist.

12 minutes ago, Sportscruiser said:

This makes virtually no sense at all.

Why doesn’t it make sense?…I just don’t think she cares about commercial success or charts or when it comes out. No artist who gives a shit would deactivate before an album dropped.  So why should she care about a leak at this point?

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

I feel like this is oddly specific lol but I'm from near Detroit, Michigan and moved to Florida when I was a teenager and I've never felt like I belong here and want to go back home so when Lana sings "I'm not from the land of the palms, so I know I can't stay here, I'm not native" in Arcadia it hits me so hard :crying4:

18 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

Has it leaked yet ? I don’t want to wait 4 weeks. I’m sure Lana doesn’t care since she is doing nothing to promote this album 

we lived through the nfr purgatory you can wait a few weeks

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

6 minutes ago, Sportscruiser said:

Eh… I don’t buy that, with all due respect. She screamed for the things she couldn’t want for him at a Black Lives Matter protest?

That’s fair! Bur honestly I do think so - she’s at a civil rights march crying for freedom from oppression. A freedom that she couldn’t wish for her father, because as per WW’s lyrics, he is trapped in a relationship with a narcissist “his wife would rage at me”. The three singles were very intentionally released alongside one another, so I couldn’t help but look for connections between the lyrics though so I might be wrong!

5 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

So why should she care about a leak at this point?

Maybe because she wrote those songs and they mean a lot to her? :dua:

16 minutes ago, be sweet said:

i mean look at the lyrics:

All the things I couldn't want for him
I screamed for them
I screamed for them

She's likening the devastation of her man not being in the right side of history with her like it's a protest of her own. She isn't mentioning BLM as a means to dispel the racism claims - it's meant to place this story in time and to highlight how heartbreaking it is to witness someone you love go against the fucking bare minimum and your core beliefs as a good person. Like imagine how she might feel seeing Sean witnessing her at the protests and him just seeing her and doing nothing but being a pig. Text Book tells a very sad story and I personally relate to it after seeing my ex turn into a major hypocrite and it's truly devastating when you find out the person you love and cared for is someone you're supposed to despise - in Lana's case a racist.

Ya know, one thing I love about this forum is the immense capability of in depth analysis some of the users have. Really gets the brain cells up and moving. Love it

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

10 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

just because she doesn't promote her work the way you think she should doesn't mean her upcoming releases should leak weeks before their intended release :pout: 

it’s not a matter of who wants it to leak and who doesn’t it’s a matter of it’ll leak anyways just like the 7 other albums did before :ma:

1 minute ago, lanasbottom said:

it’s not a matter of who wants it to leak and who doesn’t it’s a matter of it’ll leak anyways just like the 7 other albums did before :ma:

The amount of willpower it will take for me to not allow myself 10 second snippets of each song :crai:

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

1 minute ago, lanasbottom said:

I wonder which song will be the next to leak!