Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

Can we get to 1,000 pages before Blue Banisters drops at midnight, East Coast? :hype:

:ma:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Just now, Thunder said:

Can we get to 1,000 pages before Blue Banisters drops at midnight? :hype:

I wonder if the mods will let us be on our last day, or will torment us by moving the posts one last time :pout:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

1 minute ago, Thunder said:

Can we get to 1,000 pages before Blue Banisters drops at midnight? :hype:

only if elle and the mods don't mind if we shitpost and gifgate :oprah3: 

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

1 minute ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

only if elle and the mods don't mind if we shitpost and gifgate :oprah3: 

how about

fdQg.gif

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

1 minute ago, 1212 said:

theres ur answer. wwafawdwg isnt a mature record nor does it try to be.

:blush3: but she should receive some backlash for it. 

None of the parents are going like "OMAGAAA THIS BLONDE GREEN ALIEN IS SPOILING OUR KIDS".

but alot of them, including certain female alt singers jumped on the hate LDR train when she debuted with BTD:pls:

1 minute ago, Veinsineon said:

Do we think LDR9 will continue this cycle? Or start a new one like with LFL

Depends on how bad the reviews are. If they trigger her, it will continue. If they don't, I can see her pushing forward. 

i'm still thinking about the very unprofessional review we discussed earlier and i just want to say, why do people think lana's vocals are "whisper" vocals? she literally doesn't have a whispering vocal style... even in her earlier albums, she used a variety of different ranges & singing styles, and i wouldn't consider any of it a "whisper", i feel like they say this because they haven't actually listened to any of her work and they just base it off of a select few songs, like video games (which isn't whisper-y, it's just very calm & low), they say it to dismiss her as a genuine artist & talented singer who can pull off a lot of ranges & styles, billie eilish is whisper-y, yet she hardly gets criticized for her whisper singing style! :um2:

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

5 minutes ago, Thunder said:

how about

fdQg.gif

fdQk.gif

but at the same time I'm not looking for a mod queue rn I want to be able to freak out on the post release thread tonight :oprah3: 

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

3 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

i'm still thinking about the very unprofessional review we discussed earlier and i just want to say, why do people think lana's vocals are "whisper" vocals? she literally doesn't have a whispering vocal style... even in her earlier albums, she used a variety of different ranges & singing styles, and i wouldn't consider any of it a "whisper", i feel like they say this because they haven't actually listened to any of her work and they just base it off of a select few songs, like video games (which isn't whisper-y, it's just very calm & low), they say it to dismiss her as a genuine artist & talented singer who can pull off a lot of ranges & styles, billie eilish is whisper-y, yet she hardly gets critizied for her whisper singing style! :um2:

I feel the same way, especially for an album like Blue Banisters. Lana is doing anything but whispering with her vocals on the album. Like...

Spoiler

Did they listen to Dealer?? Or BBS?? Or Living Legend?? Or literally any song on the album??

imageproxy.jpg

Just now, Super Movie said:

I feel the same way, especially for an album like Blue Banisters. Lana is doing anything but whispering with her vocals on the album. Like...

Reveal hidden contents

Did they listen to Dealer?? Or BBS?? Or Living Legend?? Or literally any song on the album??

lana's whisper is so powerful it actually sounds like a scream! :true: 

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

3 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

billie eilish is whisper-y, yet she hardly gets criticized for her whisper singing style!

i mean i wouldn't say that, she is criticized by that even now but yeah the only moment that i can imagine lana in a whispery voice is white dress and not even that it's just so high register than her voice doesn't even come out in moments

3 minutes ago, whitelungswhitepalms said:

Idk how I feel about a German reviewer calling wokeness neurosis  :oprah3:

The funniest thing is that Lana's "wokeness" has always been half-baked, even on this album. I'm not shading her - I actually love that she owns her ~problematic~ qualities. The "BLM" line eventually gets eaten up by the "masks off!" vibe of Violets for Roses. So to critique her on "wokeness" in any way would be very weird. Although I'm not surprised reviewers would get lazy and resort to that, since Text Book is Track 1.

3 minutes ago, whitelungswhitepalms said:

Idk how I feel about a German reviewer calling wokeness neurosis  :oprah3:

maybe it depends on the kind of "wokeness", maybe it's not the kind of "wokeness" which is geniunely wanting the world to be a more inclusive & better place for everybody, but the kind of wokeness who gets offended over the way lana buttons her flannel or criticizing her for not talking about the gentrification of brooklyn in "brookyn baby", a song about brooklyn hipsters :oprah3:

if that's what they meant by "wokeness neurosis"

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123