Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

4 minutes ago, Poor Stacy said:

The funniest thing is that Lana's "wokeness" has always been half-baked, even on this album. The "BLM" line eventually gets eaten up by the "masks off!" vibe of Violets for Roses. So to critique her on "wokeness" in any way would be very weird. Although I'm not surprised reviewers would get lazy and resort to that, since Text Book is Track 1.

I don't think they're referring to Lana's "wokeness" but society's wokeness as the reason why she gets so much abuse.

1 minute ago, Surf Noir said:

maybe it depends on the kind of "wokeness", maybe it's not the kind of "wokeness" which is geniunely wanting the world to be a more inclusive & better place for everybody, but the kind of wokeness who gets offended over the way lana buttons her flannel or criticizing her for not talking about the gentrification of brooklyn in "brookyn baby", a song about brooklyn hipsters :oprah3:

if that's what they meant by "wokeness neurosis"

Ya I agree, that's how I took it. Obviously general "wokeness" is a good thing and super important for the world to be more inclusive and good for everyone, but there's a line that's often crossed by many, and it becomes just an excuse to attack others.

3 minutes ago, DCooper said:

I don't think they're referring to Lana's "wokeness" but society's wokeness as the reason why she gets so much abuse.

Ya I agree, that's how I took it. Obviously general "wokeness" is a good thing and super important for the world to be more inclusive and good for everyone, but there's a line that's often crossed by many, and it becomes just an excuse to attack others.

Agreed. Tumblr warriors have migrated accross all social medias and sometimes they really don’t hit the mark when they try to be woke. Like that Harper bazzar article about gentrification of Brooklyn like what? Still has me scratching my head 

IM STRONGER THANgiphy.gifALL MY MEN...

20 minutes ago, Veinsineon said:

Do we think LDR9 will continue this cycle? Or start a new one like with LFL

i hope its lfl, i like the cycle pattern

tumblr_static_7g61u4n53vk0808w440k8gwoo.

*:・゚✧:・゚✧ i catch you on the flipside ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 

Just now, whitelungswhitepalms said:

Agreed. Tumblr warriors have migrated accross all social medias and sometimes they really don’t hit the mark when they try to be woke. Like that Harper bazzar article about gentrification of Brooklyn like what? Still has me scratching my head 

Lmao same, that article remains the height of absurdity :eek:

10 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

lana's whisper is so powerful it actually sounds like a scream! :true: 

Yes!!! I love her whisper vocals on

Spoiler

Dealer 

especially when she whispers

Spoiler

I DON'T WANNA LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVEEEAH

:oprah:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

18 minutes ago, Poor Stacy said:

Jenny
JUMPED
into the

POOL!
:kiss3:

“I was water boarding Nikki Lane” 

Spoiler

Is this too dark. It’s legit what I hear in my head. 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

So it’s really coming tomorrow already? :biblio:

Setting my expectations very low considering I didn’t really care for any of the pre-release singles, but I’m excited anyways.

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

1 minute ago, Surf Noir said:

who's ready for "my girlfriend's back, and she's cooler than ever" on every comment section on every blue banisters uploads tonight? :hype: :omfg:

or the one that's like lana isn't just a human she's the reason i breathe lol :kris:

mUENGN9.png

Lana’s voice is so powerful and complex and to reduce it to merely a “whisper” is so ………. Incredibly ridiculous and couldn’t be further from the truth. Like open your fucking ears. 

people really say things just to say things :true:

faSE.gif

3 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

who's ready for "my girlfriend's back, and she's cooler than ever" on every comment section on every blue banisters uploads tonight? :hype: :omfg:

lmfao not me I can't take this anymore :hype: 

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

Just now, your dealer said:

Lana’s voice is so powerful and complex and to reduce it to merely a “whisper” is so ………. Incredibly ridiculous and couldn’t be further from the truth. Like open your fucking ears. 

people really say things just to say things :true:

they love to hate her

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

1 hour ago, BlueGreenGray said:

Except for the Stereogum "premature evaluation" and The Times UK review, I couldn't find another one except for this very positive review:

https://www.theinterns.net/2021/10/22/the-first-listen-lana-del-rey-blue-banisters/

They vastly prefer BB to COCC.

Best tracks: Blue Banisters, Black Bathing Suit, If You Lie Down With Me, Thunder, Sweet Carolina

Skips: Interlude - The Trio, Wildflower Wildfire, Cherry Blossom

8.5/10

"It’s a waltzing, crisp piece that Del Rey brings down from heaven with some truly excellent lines like, “Fuck you Kevin.” Spill :true:

The Interns gave Blue Banisters a 8.5/10

https://www.theinterns.net/2021/10/22/the-first-listen-lana-del-rey-blue-banisters/

Edit: Nevermind sorry I think someone already posted this one I was confused. Them calling WFWF a skip is... interesting

Edited by hashtagtylerh

She has never had whisper vocals...except WD or Burning Desire adlibs... 

Are they deaf?????

Her vocals SHINE BEAUTIFULLY ATM.

Idk what she did post nfr/cocc....her voice now sounds so fuller and richer. So much power and control!

What amuses and triggers me at the same time is people using the word "whisper" for singing, it makes no sense. You can sing with a soft voice, you can sing quietly, you can sing with a very breathy tone, but you cannot whisper and sing at the same time. Whispers are whispers, and I wish people would stop making the confusing between whispering and using a very delicate way of singing. Like it or not, but singing like Lana does in White Dress or at the end of BB is insanely difficult, it requires so much control and this way of singing should be praised if anything. It’s understandable why some people don’t like it, but it’s probably one of the most difficult ways of singing and it’s a stylistic choice that should never be criticised.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

When the bad reviews piss me off, I'll just remind myself:

Spoiler

Oh, let 'em talk about me
They're just yesterday's news
They're fucking broke and we're laughin' about them
Mail me when you get the blues
We'll have the last laugh about it
By the way, thanks for the shoes
Your interest really made stacks