Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

3 hours ago, FallingCherry said:

I’m pretty sure the vocals from the Pawn Shop Blues’ music video were re-recorded, probably in 2017, and there’s still the same emotion in Lana’s voice as there is in the AKA version. That’s why I’m hoping the vocals from the oldest unreleased on BB were re-recorded. I have no doubt that even new vocals could be super emotive, and they’d sound much better for sure. It was never a matter of “the first take was the best and I’ll never do better” in Lana’s case. We know Lana used to record a lot it takes in the early days, so I don’t think it’d ever be an issue to re-record old unreleased to make them fit the album better. If Lana chose to include 2013 unreleased on a 2021, that’s obviously because she still loves these songs very deeply, she’d totally be able to deliver vocals as emotional as the original recordings.

it wasn't re-recorded

Spoiler

Do we trust random videos of a red vinyl playing TextBook? cause if someone on the site who must not be named actually has a vinyl.. then all hell is breaking loose fam. Don't stray from God's light

tumblr_mmkkluK6l81sp6362o1_500.png" />

1 hour ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

i'm super okay w him on the track as is, but i wouldn't mind lana raging more instead of his parts. whether he's on the track or not, it's still a win :really: and multiple versions of the song (duet and solo) would be a dream imo

Spoiler

I don't mind him being on the song either, it's that the version we all have--which is apparently the final version?--sounds like a mediocre demo in terms of recording and production. The voices are in the background, and it all sounds thrown together in one take. 

14 minutes ago, yayoop said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Do we trust random videos of a red vinyl playing TextBook? cause if someone on the site who must not be named actually has a vinyl.. then all hell is breaking loose fam. Don't stray from God's light

Spoiler

i8s2COb.png X8P3jl8.png

the paper circle/sticker doesn't match? 

mUENGN9.png

Not sure how I feel about listening to a BB leak from a possible vinyl rip :um2: (even though it seems it’s fake). Norman was excruciating to listen to from the cassette rip, Chemtrails was a dream. Maybe I am strong by enough to resist the urge this time around :um2:

8 minutes ago, Alison by Slowdive said:
  Reveal hidden contents

i8s2COb.png X8P3jl8.png

I won’t be mad if it’s a fake tbh, I’m happy to wait 

people are getting too damn crafty

tumblr_mmkkluK6l81sp6362o1_500.png" />

36 minutes ago, Alison by Slowdive said:
  Hide contents

i8s2COb.png X8P3jl8.png

Actually the thing you see in the video isn’t the label of the disc but the “empty” space between the label and the tracks. It’s fake anyway, you can clearly count 6 tracks on it (Blue Banisters has 5 tracks on side A)

Spoiler

http://EB94-F944-4-FE0-4885-9-DE3-3-CC6-C68-A9-

The legacy

1 minute ago, Neohumanist said:

Will Blue Banisters debut at #1 in the billboard chart? From what I know there aren’t big release that day

it most certainly will not. we can be happy if it cracks top 3 :bebe:

2 minutes ago, TextBook said:

Coldplay on Oct. 15th

who listens to Coldplay in 2021?

1 minute ago, lanasbottom said:

it most certainly will not. we can be happy if it cracks top 3 :bebe:

What makes you say that?

giphy.gif

18 minutes ago, TextBook said:

Actually the thing you see in the video isn’t the label of the disc but the “empty” space between the label and the tracks. It’s fake anyway, you can clearly count 6 tracks on it (Blue Banisters has 5 tracks on side A)

Reveal hidden contents

Actually I guess I can count 5 tracks. And by each track length, looks legit……

1 minute ago, baddisease said:

who listens to Coldplay in 2021?

What makes you say that?

- her last #1 was 5 years ago

- the singles’ streams are beyond low

- there’s virtually no hype outside the fandom 

- the vinyls won’t be shipped on release day aka they won’t count as first week sales 

- lana isn’t even present to promote it nor talk about it

- most people barely know/care that she has an album dropping in two weeks 

2 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

- her last #1 was 5 years ago

- the singles’ streams are beyond low

- there’s virtually no hype outside the fandom 

- the vinyls won’t be shipped on release day aka they won’t count as first week sales 

- lana isn’t even present to promote it nor talk about it

- most people barely know/care that she has an album dropping in two weeks 

Why can’t she just collab with Taylor or Billie and get those streams from their fans????

Best case scenario: Lana releases a more radio-friendly/accessible single when the album is officially released (Thunder would be a cool pick) + gets NFR-level (or close to it) critical acclaim. These could help secure some longevity + streams. If not, well, she could still debut in the top 3 / top 5 on the first week and stay there for a second consecutive week due to physicals being shipped a week later. 

2 minutes ago, Neohumanist said:

Why can’t she just collab with Taylor or Billie and get those streams from their fans????

because she prefers making hOneSt music with unknown country fads :bebe: 

that being said i’d prefer for her to join katy in the bubbling under charts for the rest of eternity than having her collab with the stiff lady who constantly steals from her and bilbo the hobbit :true: