Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

So, just finished my first listen and:

Spoiler

This album is the opposite of "catchy". The way casual fans will start struggling with Text Book just to get murdered with BBS a few tracks later:deadbanana:But to me it was fine, I love Fiona, Kate and Bjork. One thing I can say for sure - it's way more interesting than COCC. When it comes to the tracks:
Text Book - still my least favorite single from this era and I don't think that will change. But I'm glad it was released as s single, cause I ended up liking it. I'm not going crazy over it but it's nice. Still don't understand why BLM line is here.
Blue Banisters - something new for Lana when it comes to production. I mean, yeah, it's a piano ballad, but that ambient makes it so cold. And that's something unusual, cause to me Lana is a summer artist. I also love lyrics on this one so much. It makes sense that she chose it to be the title track. Standout track.:gclap:
Arcadia - one of the "catchiest" songs on the album in my opinion. Of course there's no typical pop "lalala" and "nanana" on it, but the melody is one of the strongest and it's easy to remember. Love the way she played with all these places and cars and roads. A standout and one of my faves.:gclap:
The Trio - I hope that artsy gays won't read my comment to this. I actually like some trap Lana. Summer Bummer - the best for me on LFL, HBTB on Honeymoon. So I think it's nice. It's sad that it's so lonely on this album. Weird choice for an interlude for BB, I think a song like Freak or at least Cherry would sound nice after it.
Black Bathing Suit - 3 tempo changes. Bjork is shook.:flop: I don't remember much, cause it was my first listen, but I like how challenging it is. Melodically liked the part with BBS lyrics the most. Last minute or so was a pure chaos. That weird voice made me think of Blue Jeans performance for some reason. :lmao:I think it will be a grower, cause it's very interesting.
If You Lie Down With Me - surprised that many fans put it as their #1. I mean it's easy to listen to after BBS, but that chorus felt so basic to me. Liked verses way more. And that's about it. I don't remember anything else. Big disappointment. 
Beautiful (strings) - if strings version won't be on Spotify, I'll just listen to my local file, sorry Lana. Very simple song but it all just works. Sometimes less is more.
Violets for Roses - I remember liking it but wanting some progression or climax and she didn't give me that. That's it so far.
Dealer - SHE.DID.THAT. It's so crazy for Lana, she risked with this one and I just love every second of it. I'm so happy she just yelled that chorus and didn't go into her head voice again. And I love Miles on it. Everything works perfectly. A standout track.:gclap:
Thunder - objectively one of the greatest and catchiest songs on the album. The problem I have with it is that I can't erase demo version from my memory. They added a lot of useless sh*t no asked for and sucked all the life out of the song. On top of that there are few songs in Lana's discography  where I wish someone else sang them and Thunder is on that list. She sounds so dead on that chorus, I like backing vocals more. I kinda shitted on it here but it's still an enjoyable moment in the end. It's just that expectations for this song were in another galaxy and what I got is a cute little bottom 5 NFR song. The biggest disappointment for me.
Wildflower Wildfire - I just love the vocal part on this song. The way her vocals are soaring on the chorus. Glitchy drums add a lot of energy and character. This is how you do a piano ballad and then switch it closer to the end. A standout track.:gclap:
Nectar of the Gods - interesting how I listened to this song for a few times on Youtube and didn't even download it. But being a little catchy guitar song made wonders to it within this album full of weird structures, complex lines and crazy vocals. I think casual fans will like it a lot. 
Living Legend - easily one of the best Lana's unreleased songs. Somehow I didn't listen to it that much and I'm happy that I didn't. Whywhywhywhywhywhy is legendry, reminded me of amazing PWYC bridge. I like how this one and Dealer ended up on the same album. We can hear you Lana! A standout track.:gclap:
Cherry Blossom - strongest melody on whole album. I'm usually not a fan of fully stripped down piano ballads but Cherry Blossom is special.  Not sure if it's objectively that good but for me it's a standout.:gclap:
Sweet Carolina - the only song that gave me goosebumps. Magical piano, her soaring vocals, slight east Asian vibes in some chords. I literally went to paradise with this one. Not sure if it will become my most listened to BB track but if it was an album of 15 new tracks for me - it would be my #1 (right now Arcadia, Dealer and WW still have chances to take that spot). The way to end an album. I'm sorry girls, but this is her best closer. A STANDOUT.:gclap:

Blue Banisters definitely wasn't the easiest listen for me, but in the end it works as a whole album, not a mixtape like LFL. The highs for sure are not her highest and none of these songs reached the perfection that is COCC title track. But it's simply interesting to listen to, even though it's so slow.
Her first autumn album for me, not just by release date, but the whole vibe and sound. Perfect for cold long Northern nights. The cover with her staring into the distance represents Blue Banisters the best.

ive listened to the whole album 100 times and im still so lit for friday. cant wait to storm up to my target like the local homosexual I am, 8am, coffee in hand, and buy 3 copies of the target cover.

Then I cant wait for my Lana website exclusive cover to ship either. Tis early christmas indeed

5 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

Does anyone know if Blue Banisters will be added to the LDR song ranker? 

Ask @Elle :ma:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Spoiler

I could be wrong but I think the " untraditional lover , can you handle that?" line in BBS is kinda revenge / a drag too,  about the ppl who say she's " glamourizing abuse" 

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Sweet Carolina always leaves me speechless. It's so, so beautiful. Think it might be one of her best 

:trisha::lange::wub:

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

12 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

Does anyone know if Blue Banisters will be added to the LDR song ranker? 

Yes! I created the LDR song ranker in our games section, and I'll be adding Blue Banisters tracks upon its official release :) 

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

3 minutes ago, Nectar said:

D93-E7615-C228-45-FB-984-A-3-B19914862-F
Has anyone gone to target to see if they are actually selling BB early? This sounds made up but kind of want to see what the back cover looks like for the alternative CD if it’s true. 

honestly she kinda has the right to be upset, hopefully not directly at the workers who didn't do anything except for their job, but upset at the fact that her albums are being put out over a week before it's supposed to be out, especially at places like target, especially if her label won't do anything about it

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

idk why but i just don't buy the whole Target story, especially with her leaving social media to work on other projects 

Just now, Nectar said:

Well Ed confirmed Lana was not arguing with anyone at Target. LOL

:air:

15 minutes ago, Nectar said:

D93-E7615-C228-45-FB-984-A-3-B19914862-F
Has anyone gone to target to see if they are actually selling BB early? This sounds made up but kind of want to see what the back cover looks like for the alternative CD if it’s true. 

Ed direct messaged deuxmoi and cleared up all the shite 👏🏼

it’s on their stories btw 

18 minutes ago, Elle said:

Yes! I created the LDR song ranker in our games section, and I'll be adding Blue Banisters tracks upon its official release :) 

Ahh I’m excited! Thank you!

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

Blue Banisters as a whole really makes me think about the video for Arcadia. Just dancing and singing alone in your room, or a Hilton Hotel, with a glass of whiskey. Autumnal, maternal and meandering, like watching those Fall leaves touch the ground, knowing the cold is coming but still finding that warmth and comfort within your heart.  :wub: