Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

867 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

2 hours ago, PARADIXO said:

Arcadia

Blue Banisters

Black Bathing Suit

If You Lie Down With Me

Thunder

Cherry Blossom

Text Book

Violets for Roses

Dealer

Living Legend

Sweet Carolina

Wildflower Wildfire

Nectar of the Gods

Fixed it for ya... I love this album... Unapologetic...

with the absolute heart of the poem of life butchered out of their own bodies good to eat a thousand years

As things stand, I do not understand what actually drives the popularity of Lana's various albums, in the scientific sense. There has to be more to it than 'mere taste.'

For example, we don't know how much a thriving community in constant contact with one another like we have here actually influences people's choices, likes, and dislikes.

I'd like to see a genuine experiment that would accurately reflect how people would react to her various albums if the listeners were in a vacuum, isolated from one another, and so unable to influence one another and unable to read reviews online. 

I can see why some would not respond well to Sweet Carolina coming from Lana. I can understand the dislike of the name-dropping title track, which I also dislike, and the hate for the YouTube rips, which one us proved by showing the actual poor aural quality compared to the new tracks. I can understand some thinking she was exploiting Black Lives Matter, or that mentioning it was just poor judgment on her part, but it's not at all clear to me why Stans reject or don't respond to TextbookArcadia, BBS, IYLDWM, Dealer, WFWF, and VFR but love most of the, to me, substantially lesser tracks on NFR! and COTCC. 

2 hours ago, The Sun Also Rises said:

Everything was going so well until you put wildflower wildfire that low :rollin:

I absolutely love the lyrics, but the song itself I never liked

28 minutes ago, Blackestday x CN said:

Wfwf  is one of her best songs. She did it so energetic with low instrumentation. That is a masterpiece. And every time i listen to it i feel this heartbreaking vibes.

Me too. How quickly Stans brushed it aside. 

my current ranking:

nectar of the gods

cherry blossom

living legend

if you lie down with me

blue banisters <-- this song is actually so fucking good, so lana and so specific like no one else is writing about painting their banisters fr

violets for roses

sweet carolina

wildflower wildfire

black bathing suit

thunder

dealer

text book 

arcadia <-- the only song on the album i straight up don't like, tho i did enjoy some her live performances of it

aOaIzH2.gif

On 1/23/2024 at 10:28 AM, Vertimus said:

As things stand, I do not understand what actually drives the popularity of Lana's various albums, in the scientific sense. There has to be more to it than 'mere taste.'

For example, we don't know how much a thriving community in constant contact with one another like we have here actually influences people's choices, likes, and dislikes.

I'd like to see a genuine experiment that would accurately reflect how people would react to her various albums if the listeners were in a vacuum, isolated from one another, and so unable to influence one another and unable to read reviews online. 

I can see why some would not respond well to Sweet Carolina coming from Lana. I can understand the dislike of the name-dropping title track, which I also dislike, and the hate for the YouTube rips, which one us proved by showing the actual poor aural quality compared to the new tracks. I can understand some thinking she was exploiting Black Lives Matter, or that mentioning it was just poor judgment on her part, but it's not at all clear to me why Stans reject or don't respond to TextbookArcadia, BBS, IYLDWM, Dealer, WFWF, and VFR but love most of the, to me, substantially lesser tracks on NFR! and COTCC. 

for me personally I have a lot of minor nitpicks with the album that I don’t have with her other albums. 

Most of them mirror what you already said, I don’t like the name dropping on title track, Sweet Caroline is cute but it’s clearly a song for her sister (which I can’t relate to), and the three songs being LQ YouTube rips really strike out the polish the album has. 

I absolutely get what she was going for on this album, but most of the lyrics are just too personal for me to throw myself into them. 

on top of that I hate hate hate her vocal production this album. There are so many songs (blue banisters, BBS, WFWF) that you can tell she did one take and called it a day. 

and another thing is the writing, which again is more personal than an actual complaint, but for me Beautiful is a lyric low point for me, and VfR is cute, and it was one of my favorites when the album came out, but now when I listen to it, it just doesn’t click for me. Same thing with Arcadia, it’s cute enough but the lyrics are way too personal for

me to relate to

Dealer feels like a demo and I have no idea why she included it. Not sure how a demo from 2017 is part of telling her story 

for me, the only two songs I really go back to from this album are IYLDWM and Thunder. 

like I said, it’s all completely subjective and there is no such thing as a ‘good’ or ‘bad’ album because it’s all about personal taste, but for me this album gave me next to nothing, and truthfully I was on the brink of handing in my Stan card until she reeled me back in with Ocean Blvd 

"Don’t forget me"

2 hours ago, NikoGo said:

for me personally I have a lot of minor nitpicks with the album that I don’t have with her other albums. 

Most of them mirror what you already said, I don’t like the name dropping on title track, Sweet Caroline is cute but it’s clearly a song for her sister (which I can’t relate to), and the three songs being LQ YouTube rips really strike out the polish the album has. 

I absolutely get what she was going for on this album, but most of the lyrics are just too personal for me to throw myself into them. 

on top of that I hate hate hate her vocal production this album. There are so many songs (blue banisters, BBS, WFWF) that you can tell she did one take and called it a day. 

and another thing is the writing, which again is more personal than an actual complaint, but for me Beautiful is a lyric low point for me, and VfR is cute, and it was one of my favorites when the album came out, but now when I listen to it, it just doesn’t click for me. Same thing with Arcadia, it’s cute enough but the lyrics are way too personal for

me to relate to

Dealer feels like a demo and I have no idea why she included it. Not sure how a demo from 2017 is part of telling her story 

for me, the only two songs I really go back to from this album are IYLDWM and Thunder. 

like I said, it’s all completely subjective and there is no such thing as a ‘good’ or ‘bad’ album because it’s all about personal taste, but for me this album gave me next to nothing, and truthfully I was on the brink of handing in my Stan card until she reeled me back in with Ocean Blvd 

Understood. I still love VFR and IFLDWM, they’re still two of my Top 5 of all her tracks. But it is OB that I don’t care, and I place it at the very bottom of her music catalog. 

13 minutes ago, honeymoon is alive said:

just crossed a video on tiktok using violets for roses as a sound with over 450k likes :dance2: new hit incoming 

The way that was my fav song when BB dropped, so I overplayed it. Now I rarely listen to it :gasp:

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

22 minutes ago, honeymoon is alive said:

just crossed a video on tiktok using violets for roses as a sound with over 450k likes :dance2: new hit incoming 

The song had a big increase in streams yesterday (relative to what it usually does). I was wondering why because it usually the same numbers If You Lie Down With Me, but this might explain why it did almost 10k more

On 1/24/2024 at 10:31 PM, Blackestday x CN said:

Wfwf  is one of her best songs. She did it so energetic with low instrumentation. That is a masterpiece. And every time i listen to it i feel this heartbreaking vibes.

I listened to it today for the first time since August (:O) and it's sooo good still, ugh.:krylie:

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

1 hour ago, Candy Necklace said:

Violets for Roses did 69k yesterday on Spotify, album coming for 1mil daily soon?

It's one of her most beautiful, peaceful, serene songs and also shows strength. 

I love playing this album on weekend mornings when I’m at home just chilling… BB has to be my ultimate comfort album, it always feels like a warm hug in music form :rollin:

1 hour ago, honeyslow said:

I love playing this album on weekend mornings when I’m at home just chilling… BB has to be my ultimate comfort album, it always feels like a warm hug in music form :rollin:

That's exactly how I feel and why it's my most-played and favorite of Lana's albums. There's a pure serenity to a lot of the newer tracks.

And unlike on OB, where several of the tracks seem half-baked, repetitive (TJF and Fishtail, for example), or fractured, on BB the songs seem whole and fleshed out. To me. 

I haven't tired of listening to it yet, not since its release.