Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

867 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

Not every single song off Blue Banisters entering my Apple Music 2021 playlist already after one week :crying4:

I can’t believe she really released two amazing albums in one year 

"Don’t forget me"

black bathing suit is really growing on me, but im not sure i really understand what the song is about? also what does she mean when she says your interest really made stacks out of it for me? is she talking about the interest of the public eye?

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

6 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

black bathing suit is really growing on me, but im not sure i really understand what the song is about? also what does she mean when she says your interest really made stacks out of it for me? is she talking about the interest of the public eye?

I’m not 100% sure what it’s about either.

but it’s safe to assume it’s about two things, like so many of her songs. To me, it’s about saying to her lover that felt through what she wanted, that she won’t miss him, but I also think this is her revenge song, to all of her detractors: you talked shit about me, and yet I’m successful. At least, that’s my interpretation of the song. 

26 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

it's her revenge song

34 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

I think it's about her public perception, all the ridicolous hate she's receiving and all the stupid talks and assumptions about her.  The song is produced in a way that percussion gets so chaotic that in my opinion it represents a nervous breakdown.

Some say "The only thing that still fits me is this black bathing suit" line is about her getting weight recently and black bathing suit may also represent her depression or her bad girl look. In her recent Instagram live, they were talking about why media/people are so harsh on her and she said she thinks people believe she's just a bad/mean person. So I think that explains the "They said I was bad and I'll show them what bad girls do" lines. She is not a bad person, she believes she is an angel in heart but something makes her end up being misunderstood.

"Your interest really made stacks out of it for me" means her haters make her famous and make her money.

LASSO

lasso.gif

SEPTEMBER 2024

It's still kind of surreal to me that I can go onto a streaming service and listen to Thunder, Cherry Blossom, Living Legend and Nectar (which I still keep calling Wild On You/Color Blue on accident) whenever I want

imageproxy.jpg

4 minutes ago, Super Movie said:

(which I still keep calling Wild On You/Color Blue on accident)

its so trippy bc i had the song with a fanmade cover that said wild on you for like years and now im perpetually confused. my mind cannot except nectar of the gods

small-sq-lana-del-rey-ultraviolence.gife4d193ad6825522455102e1518efe3d6835b52da

2 minutes ago, Ziegfeld Follies said:

anyone have any ideas what the "thanks for the shoes" line means in black bathing suit ? lol :horror:

i think she could be referring to companies that offer her free clothes/merch for promo and stuff, maybe she's referring to her gucci campaign or something, didn't they do her dirty or am i imagining that?

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

8 minutes ago, Ziegfeld Follies said:

anyone have any ideas what the "thanks for the shoes" line means in black bathing suit ? lol :horror:

i think it means "thank for making me all this money which bought me shoes etc," relating back to the "you really made stacks out of it for me" line

aOaIzH2.gif

Thunder sounds especially good on this stormy Halloween day :nails::wowcry:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

1 hour ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

I think it means that all of the think pieces on whether or not she is genuine or whatever the media wants to say has been free publicity for her very successful music. The criticism she received early on only got BTD more attention and it’s STILL CHARTING nearly a decade later.

“your interest really made stacks out of it for me” = you being interested in ruthlessly questioning (and attacking) my identity and my art only made me more money, so thanks for that 😇

Lust For Dead   large.gif

At the end of BBS where she wails “mail me when you get the blues”.. does anyone know where else she sang similarly to that??? I just know there’s another song with that same vocal effect but I cannot recall at all. Whether it was an outtake or on an album idk or is it just me?

3 minutes ago, Distantly said:

At the end of BBS where she wails “mail me when you get the blues”.. does anyone know where else she sang similarly to that??? I just know there’s another song with that same vocal effect but I cannot recall at all. Whether it was an outtake or on an album idk or is it just me?

Tired of Singing the Blues maybe?

LASSO

lasso.gif

SEPTEMBER 2024

On 10/30/2021 at 1:31 AM, Hydroponic Weeds said:

true. idk, i think there's not 100% burned bridges there, but i think jack likes to control the studio and we know lana does, thats why she never worked with dan auerbach again. it's just interesting how we haven't seen them interact since cocc dropped. zack did the post this time of her in the studio when they made thunder which was interesting to see 

lana traded j for z lol

Antonoff uploaded a story on BB release day announcing the album was out and called it "gorgeous", though