Elle

LDR9 Speculation & Discussion Thread

Just now, Whore of Tropico said:

yep, it's in the "spam" email :trisha:

hello Google, you're supposed to NEVER leave LanaFucking Del Rey into the "SPAM"

THIS, IT'S SO ANNOYING that I have to check spam everyday to search for any Village mail instead of waiting for notification :horror:

archiving any ldr-related stuff I can find (like, literally)

LANA DEL REY TRACKER

last.fm

163c956c5fc19ea25e79f89d6eec3b83.gif

32 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

When they put the DNC jacket for sale and nothing else happens throughout 2022 :blush3:

lets NOT manifest that :trisha: we are entering 2022, gotta stay away from "twenty twenty too" energy

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

1 hour ago, ImenaOphelia said:

well cotcc also shows how important is vinyl for Lana and her label(s). it's so sad to agree but yeah, Lana' stream are not so good and I think that vinyl and CDs are big part of her profits.

same sis, I hope we'll get as many variants as Blue Banisters has, maybe additional picture disc

that’s why she could do digital first and physicals later imo like her label knows we’d buy anything anyway so they’d still get their money sooner or later :ma: 

and her streams would actually be amazing if she just promoted more and had a more commercial/upbeat song like she did before. like nfr has stellar streams, especially considering the type of album it is. but homegirl wants to be stubborn so we just wait… in fear and agony :icant:

12 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

that’s why she could do digital first and physicals later imo like her label knows we’d buy anything anyway so they’d still get their money sooner or later :ma: 

and her streams would actually be amazing if she just promoted more and had a more commercial/upbeat song like she did before. like nfr has stellar streams, especially considering the type of album it is. but homegirl wants to be stubborn so we just wait… in fear and agony :icant:

im not sure about that, we need to see how this era's hype going after the release (like weeks or months later in the year), and if the demand is still there or not... (i'm talking about the GP demand, for us fans, of course we would buy anything from her tbh). If this era hits an NFR jackpot, it might work out, but if it goes COCC/BB way, then i dont think it would work out that way.

Lana did say on the live when a fan asked her to put out the vinyl later just like Taylor Swift - which she answered "cause she can, she can tho" - which means she knows that Taylor's demand is so high, to the point that Taylor can just surprise-drop an album or 2 in a single year & then sell the vinyls later (bust still capable of hitting the huge sale numbers).

Lana has not always been on that kind of mainstream success Taylor has (BTD, L4L & NFR are the only eras that has strong hype for some consistently long time), so i doubt the label would let her do the same, but i think she herself figured that out ready.

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

8 minutes ago, Whore of Tropico said:

BTD, L4L & NFR are the only eras that has strong hype for some consistently long time

I think that UV era was also so succesful, she debuted #1 on Billboard Hot 100 and stuff

archiving any ldr-related stuff I can find (like, literally)

LANA DEL REY TRACKER

last.fm

163c956c5fc19ea25e79f89d6eec3b83.gif

on a serious note i’d love a kind of unplugged ep this year. maybe Nectar Of The Gods, Yosemite, Not All Who Wander, Sweet Carolina and Blue Banisters :headache:

wow i really thought i was replying to the what do we want from lana in 2022 thread :bebe:

tumblr_inline_nojcj6qe1j1s5i2my_400.gif gmgif.gif morrissey-flowers.gif

1 hour ago, VioletBunny said:

day one of asking lana to (re?)visit triphop and release something like this 

That’s that song I saw on trash theory on YouTube for using the Portishead sample, Weird how everything’s connected. happy new year :oprah:

IMG-3521.jpg

this would be the perfect time for Lana to revive the Honeymoon hotline…with a grainy, almost muffled snippet of a song from LDR9..

even if it’s just a three-second instrumental or something:true:

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

new years eve and i'm stuck in my bedroom wondering whether or not lana is going upbeat for the next record

4 hours ago, VioletBunny said:

day one of asking lana to (re?)visit triphop and release something like this 

tricky's make me wanna die totally fits her

Imagine if Lana announces that LDR9 will be something completely left field like math rock/Midwest emo lol

it’ll never happen, but it’s a fun thought experiment. I feel like Lana’s versatile enough to do practically anything, but that’s one genre that’s tough for me to imagine (even though I think I’d love it lol) 

Are there any other genres that you think would be interesting to hear on LDR9 even if unrealistic/impossible?

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

14 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

Imagine if Lana announces that LDR9 will be something completely left field like math rock/Midwest emo lol

it’ll never happen, but it’s a fun thought experiment. I feel like Lana’s versatile enough to do practically anything, but that’s one genre that’s tough for me to imagine (even though I think I’d love it lol) 

Are there any other genres that you think would be interesting to hear on LDR9 even if unrealistic/impossible?

Not really a specific genre but I want Lana to start using weird sounds/instruments again like she did in some of her pre BTD unreleased songs. I really like the eerie feeling of tracks like Catch And Release for example

giphy.gif

Just now, Venice Peach said:

Not really a specific genre but I want Lana to start using weird sounds/instruments again like she did in some of her pre BTD unreleased songs. I really like the eerie feeling of tracks like Catch And Release for example

princess superstar for ldr9!

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif