TIARNZUS

Update requests - December 2012

Also, "vote this post up." That leaves a bad taste in the mouth, no? Why can't we just, like, talk and share stuff? Why do we have to rank and vote things, elevate and lower people and what they write? What does this have to do with discussing a musical artist? This makes me not want to come here anymore.

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

Guest OPRAH

I think we need to go back to the old system, and also:

Aww you guys, notifications when someone liked my posts used to make my day a little bit better :creep:

This is true for me. Every time someone liked my posts, I would :crying: out of sheer happiness.

:creep:

Post your request and ideas below.

So what's going on? Can we get an explanation for why this latest change was made? It seems clear that a good majority of the people are not into this and want the old system back, no? How's about it, grand administrator?

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

Every time someone liked my posts, I would :crying: out of sheer happiness.

This is a desperate ploy to get people to like your post if I ever saw one...

Shit, I fell for it too. :defeated: I liked the thought of brightening your day.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

Or maybe zero and the "View More" link just be turned into the "New Content" button Sitar's always wanted? Just a suggestion.

:noo: I've learned to never get my hopes up.

PLEASE I NEED THIS, I JUST DO

And, ah, what was the change everyone's complaining about in this thread? I see nothing different...

CAN EVERYONE LIKE THIS POST LIKE THEY DID TO OPRAH'S, I LIKE "LIKES" TOO AND I NEVER GET THEM AM I A HORRID MEMBER WILL YOU ALL JUST PM ME YOUR OPINION SO I CAN STOP

:noo: :twirls:

lC1ui.png

This Reputation and Like culture..

REhpt.gif

YTUVM.png

..but believe me when I say that the surveillance we live under is the highest privilege compared to how we treat the rest of the world.

This is not an emoticon suggestion, but a list of my various gripes with the new format of emotes.

You changed a bunch of codes, making a lot of old posts look dumb, and people used to typing old codes won't even know. A whole bunch of the codes seem impractical to me, but that's just an opinion.

: clown: should stay :toofloppy:

There are two emotes that correspond to ": body is ready:" and ": omfg:" and THREE for ": smokes:"

Duplicated emoticons: :haygirl: (haygirl) and :yesnod: (yesnod); :smokes: (smokes) and :20-2: (20-2)

:P :) :( :D ;) should all be codes. I have to type ": tongue:" now? AN OUTRAGE.

Emoticons that do not have their same effect in their new sizes: :hoe: :aheh: :vexed:

I think a lot of it is just in need of polishing, with the duplicates. But if you take anything to heart, please make the basic emoticons codes. Ain't nobody got time to type out "tongue".

:P :) :( :D ;) should all be codes. I have to type ": tongue:" now? AN OUTRAGE.

...if you take anything to heart, please make the basic emoticons codes. Ain't nobody got time to type out "tongue".

Yes, please keep "yesnod" and "smokes" and make the basic emoticons.

(Wait, why did those work?)

39150648115_3584eac590_o.png

some of the smileys need to be sorted out as Sitar said. Some of them appear twice like' :yesnod: '&' :crossed: '

Also, even though it might be annoying having massive smileys, I agree, some of them are more effective when they're larger like Ben :benrangers: and vexed guy :vexed: , maybe :defeated: too?

Ooh and what happened to that cute 'love' smiley? Has that dissapeared?

That's just me being picky really, I'm pretty happy with all the updates and any more requests have already been said :yesnod:

tumblr_inline_mpf5hqIjBE1ruk3rs.gif

please fix the new smoking emoticons! i love the poolside emoticon and want to use it...

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

yeah they need to be fixed up (emoticons) i prefer :bodyisready: to :bodyisready: heheh

also i agree being able to get notifications when someone likes your posts or quotes you would be nice c:

also being able to change our usernames ourselves, nobody has ever replied to any of my requests to change my un :((

dlnh8i.gif