Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

2P2jPbJ.jpg

Lana Del Rey’s latest studio record is a stunning reflection of all her many shades—the dark, the delicate, and undeniably enigmatic. 

The self-titled record opens with the gorgeous Death Never Came: a powerful punctuation to the narrative paved by Born To Die and Lust For Life.

“In the smog of the morning, I’d dig my own grave/Only to rise and then find/My death never came.” In the final chorus, her voice soars on the last word, bleeding into a small crying of strings and almost whimsical ambient. 

The record is imbued with this somberness, but it doesn’t seem to weigh the singer-songwriter down. The opening track swims into the almost sinisterly sarcastic Orchids From A Friend, a track both sonically reminiscent of the work on Portishead’s Dummy and Del Rey’s own debut record as well. 

She closes the record with “The Walls Whisper My Name,” leaving the listener with more questions than answers, shrouding herself in a larger-than-life sense of mystery that permeated her early works like Honeymoon. 

Her 9th studio record is one of her best, so brace yourself: it’s a thrilling ride from start to finish. 

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

1 minute ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

2P2jPbJ.jpg

Lana Del Rey’s latest studio record is a stunning reflection of all her many shades—the dark, the delicate, and undeniably enigmatic. 

The self-titled record opens with the gorgeous Death Never Came: a powerful punctuation to the narrative paved by Born To Die and Lust For Life.

“In the smog of the morning, I’d dig my own grave/Only to rise and then find/My death never came.” In the final chorus, her voice soars on the last word, bleeding into a small crying of strings and almost whimsical ambient. 

The record is imbued with this somberness, but it doesn’t seem to weigh the singer-songwriter down. The opening track swims into the almost sinisterly sarcastic Orchids From A Friend, a track both sonically reminiscent of the work on Portishead’s Dummy and Del Rey’s own debut record as well. 

She closes the record with “The Walls Whisper My Name,” leaving the listener with more questions than answers, shrouding herself in a larger-than-life sense of mystery that permeated her early works like Honeymoon. 

Her 9th studio record is one of her best, so brace yourself: it’s a thrilling ride from start to finish. 

kay so where’s nikki 

2 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

2P2jPbJ.jpg

proof?? let’s listen to it now then 

glitterfy3004543T778B81.gif

Just now, jamesss said:

kay so where’s nikki 

Nikki made it to the covers record upon LDR9’s double-release where she and Lana cover the Charlie Daniels Band’s The Devil Went Down to Georgia right before Lana’s Dealer-esque cover of Jolene:ma:

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

7 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

2P2jPbJ.jpg

:wowcry:

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

5 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

Nikki made it to the covers record upon LDR9’s double-release where she and Lana cover the Charlie Daniels Band’s The Devil Went Down to Georgia right before Lana’s Dealer-esque cover of Jolene:ma:

:noparty:

glitterfy3004543T778B81.gif

27 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

2P2jPbJ.jpg

And then we woke up :godlaugh2:

neil krug’s bestie (collaborator? gf? honestly no clue) kaiman kazazian posted a video on her story of miss lizzy grant at the cutting room 2007 show singing disco!

it’s a sign of SOMETHING i KNOW it … disco re-recorded coming soon … thinking about these emojis 🪩🎆🧨 

sUcVobB.png

37 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

2P2jPbJ.jpg

This is stunning. The pink/lavender on the b&w reminds me of Terrence Loves You :crying4:

giphy.gif

Just now, SoftwareUpgrade said:

Kaiman Kazazian Instagram Story Archive

November 18 2022

Lizzy Grant Disco live

Reveal hidden contents

This is originally a video clip, but I'm just posting the screenshot with the IG username

Screenshot-20221118-155052-Instagram.jpg

who is kaiman?

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

4 minutes ago, honeybadger said:

neil krug’s bestie (collaborator? gf? honestly no clue) kaiman kazazian posted a video on her story of miss lizzy grant at the cutting room 2007 show singing disco!

it’s a sign of SOMETHING i KNOW it … disco re-recorded coming soon … thinking about these emojis 🪩🎆🧨 

1 minute ago, Surf Noir said:

who is kaiman?

^^^^ somebody connected to Neil Krug (allegedly). Unsure if she's a model, another "IG Muse thot", or what. Thought I'd save it just in case