Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

8 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Not to burst anyone’s bubble, but… 

I don’t think FJM said the album was sooner than we expect (unless I missed something, isn’t it what a LDR fan account added?)

the album might not have been submitted yet. Not likely but not impossible either. BOZ could have listened to leaks from the stolen computer and it might not be the whole album (maybe he didn’t even hear the Jon Batiste track).

I don't think boz would expose himself like that tho... if she didn't submit the album the only way he could access it would be through the stolen laptop and the statement about the collab being fantastic would tie him to the theft :delish:

giphy.gif

30 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Not to burst anyone’s bubble, but… 

I don’t think FJM said the album was sooner than we expect (unless I missed something, isn’t it what a LDR fan account added?)

the album might not have been submitted yet. Not likely but not impossible either. BOZ could have listened to leaks from the stolen computer and it might not be the whole album (maybe he didn’t even hear the Jon Batiste track).

yeah I browse and delve again that “sooner...” was just posted by some fanaccounts so this is what can't ensure definitely. and then as for what boz said in my own opinion it's low possibility that boz listened to the stolen one cause he has mentioned "masterpiece album" almost one month ago thus I think at that time lana has submitted this album and recently her manager's pertinent words also add more possibility to this view. :poordat:but all these don't have or present any specific info like date or album cover, etc. we can moderately reduce such spree or expectations.

Tbh I think the album is finished and she finished it in September or early October and submitted it in early October and that's why BOZ heard it.  Ben said in August the album is nearing completion and shortly after that Lana posted a snippet and the " Ian and I making magic " story after not mentioning anything album related since W magazine. I think maybe they were doing final touches then, though the Rockefeller snippet video could be older ( with that I mean not from the day she posted it) and she just decided to post it because the album was close to being finished or for whatever reason. The vinyl takes several months ( I think it's like 5 months) to get pressed and maybe they didn't wanted to start the roll out yet ( possible reasons could be SOTB and Mariah Carey's defrostation aka xmas/ festive season getting started). Maybe they were unsure how to do the roll out because of the theft and the possibility of leaks and they need time to figure out a good plan. I take the ad , BOZ kinda confirming he talked about Lana & FJM confirming he is featured on the album as a good sign that the album is coming in a few months ( maybe  March / April 2023) but only time will tell. Maybe they decided to start the roll out closer to the release date this time since things could possible leak left, right & center once it gets announced. But only time will tell and all we can do is wait. I think if we get anything this year it will be this month, if that's not happening then it will be next year,which is fine. Even though I just remembered Lana dropped the COCC teaser close to xmas ( wasn't it like December 22nd or sth). There are many possibilities, just wanted to share my thoughts though because I have alot of them regarding LDR9 lol

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

I think the only decisive evidence of something coming really soon is the fact that they are promoting her with those ads. They wouldn't pay for them for nothing (and the mailing list explicitly says it's for upcoming announcements and releases so it's not like they just want to promote her back catalogue). 

Boz listening to the album and now confirming the FJM collab is more circumstantial but is still a positive clue about the album being close. (+Neil teasing but that's just speculation).

And I 100% agree with what @Ocean Boulevard just said, it's what makes more sense considering what we have so far in terms of info/clues :true:

giphy.gif

I didn’t think BB or, for that matter, COCC, were snoozes—they’re among my favorites of all her albums—but I’m ready for something different. And I think Lana is too. Hopefully, by releasIng the older, already-leaked tracks on BB, she’s gotten that out of her system for good.

if she does go some sort of a jazz route, there’s a million contemporary hybrid styles of jazz, so unless it’s the covers album, I do not expect her to do something like 1950s Peggy Lee or Sarah Vaughan. Or for that matter, the way jazz was introduced into folk and rock in the 60s and 70s by Donovan, Pentangle, Joni Mitchell, or Steely Dan. 

I’m sure it will be something we love, a la BR. 

half of COCC has grown on me but i still have barely listened to BB since it was released. honestly i was worried about this album but knowing that FJM said it was a masterpiece and BOZ thinks its amazing too is giving me so much hope :trisha: this really made me excited for this album again i hope we get an announcement next month!!! 

5 hours ago, honey dew said:

I need lana to get the hell away from joni Mitchell territory it's tired and stale. We need to be encouraging her signature sexy wild and free dark jazz Lynch and Waters side not her 70s cokehead acoustic bumpkin grandma side

okay but the joni i am talking about is sexy wild and free and dark and jazzy… help me, twisted, free man in paris, edith and the kingpin, the jungle line! joni is so much more and so much more diverse than the “acoustic bumpkin” of her first 5 albums. something from the same world of Harry’s House/Centerpiece feels like a natural and realistic progression for lana coming off of songs like Black Bathing Suit and If You Lie Down with Me and Text Book

1 hour ago, Ocean Boulevard said:

Tbh I think the album is finished and she finished it in September or early October and submitted it in early October and that's why BOZ heard it.  Ben said in August the album is nearing completion 

I take the ad , BOZ kinda confirming he talked about Lana & FJM confirming he is featured on the album as a good sign that the album is coming in a few months ( maybe  March / April 2023) but only time will tell. 

If the phrase "sooner that you think" is reliabe then it could be even earlier. Because we have been guessing March/April for weeks now so that IS what we're thinking right? But what if it really comes sooner than that :brows:

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible

16 minutes ago, mlittle11 said:

FJM said it was a masterpiece and BOZ thinks its amazing too is giving me so much hope :trisha:

BoZ was the one who called it a masterpiece. FJM didn't say anything as far as I know, apart from being featured on it.

21 minutes ago, hotshot2am said:

BoZ was the one who called it a masterpiece. FJM didn't say anything as far as I know, apart from being featured on it.

oH yes my bad. didnt he say the album was “closer than we imagine” ??

1 minute ago, Ultraviolencequeen said:

catching up on all these new pages but what all did BOZ say,

any direct quotes you guys can re post

im sorry I’m behind 

there was a tweet about a potential collab between lana and father John misty and he quote tweeted saying "and it's fantastic" 

faSE.gif

I’m trying to not be too delusional, but I find it very hard to believe that BOZ heard the album from the theft. He’s said that he doesn’t talk about Lana because of how she changes her mind and changes things last minute, so if he’s confident enough to talk about the FJM feature there’s no way he’s just talking about a leak; that’s the furthest thing from set in stone. Lastly, the tweet he chose to reply to explicitly said the album was coming sooner than we thought, and while that might have just been the fan account saying that (instead of FJM) it’s not unrealistic to think that was him dropping a clue. 

"Don’t forget me"

I wonder if we're getting just a lead with the preorder coming shortly after or an album reveal with everything at the same time :delish:

I don't think I could take album title + cover + date + tracklist + lead single all together...  

We're used to get scraps every now and then and the album title months in advance. It would be sensory overload :thumb2:

giphy.gif

Are we sure they're talking about the new album with the Rockefella song and not the possible cover album? Part of me still believes in the rumors that there might be two albums coming and the cover album might be next.