Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

17 minutes ago, zombie girl said:

i said this a couple months back and one of you dragged joni mitchell for no reason which was very ugly but i am saying it again: dream lana album would be something in the vein of Hejira and Court and Spark by Joni

now who dragged joni mitchell i just wanna talk... outside

Spoiler

bjork-bangkok.gifmadonna-knife.gifsataylor.gifstruggli75.gifexorcism.gifmatches.gifcharleneafterdark.gifintense-transitions.gifnaptime.gifrage.gifgun-thinking.gifgunlady.gif

Spoiler

joni.gif

Spoiler

selfie.gif

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

this is lanaboards where majority of opinion's sorta behind and then when ur manifesting actually happens everyone just moves on bc they don't wanna look dumb for calling u delusional.

that being said manifesting a feb release 16 tracks the covers album and the musical she mentioned that one time w that doc project mentioned also to be released all at once and an album trailer rockafella... 

UV/Honeymoon

11 hours ago, drugsdesire said:

she's gonna fumble the bag so bad if she doesn't release something soon, her spotify listeners are the highest they've ever been

I don’t think she cares about listeners tbh, she knows she has a big cult fanbase which is ever growing but she also wants anonymity and doesn’t care to promo her work 

2 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

I don’t think she cares about listeners tbh, she knows she has a big cult fanbase which is ever growing but she also wants anonymity and doesn’t care to promo her work 

as her big cult fanbase we need to secure the #1! we have to massbuy and make tiktok trends:smile2:

4 hours ago, Nova Times said:

i imagined that the album was coming a few months ago what calendars are they all using esNYwu2.gif

I just had a very rude and bitchy thought yesterday: when Lana was thinking about the stars aligning on her birthday, the stars were aligning for her stuff to get stolen? :oic2: (too soon?)

I need lana to get the hell away from joni Mitchell territory it's tired and stale. We need to be encouraging her signature sexy wild and free dark jazz Lynch and Waters side not her 70s cokehead acoustic bumpkin grandma side

1 hour ago, evalionisameme said:

wouldn't be surprised if she purposefully decided to not release anything yet because she knows she's up there on the charts and "wants anonymity", even tho that's practically impossible bc she's got 45 million monthly listeners (the most she's had in her career) as of right now :oic2:

1 hour ago, honey dew said:

I need lana to get the hell away from joni Mitchell territory it's tired and stale. We need to be encouraging her signature sexy wild and free dark jazz Lynch and Waters side not her 70s cokehead acoustic bumpkin grandma side

this comment proves that you haven't actually listened to joni mitchell

but yes lana does need to move away from the non-joni mitchell stale acoustic mountains california sound

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

8 minutes ago, the ocean said:

this comment proves that you haven't actually listened to joni mitchell

but yes lana does need to move away from the non-joni mitchell stale acoustic mountains california sound

No I've heard joni.. enough to know I don't want Lana anywhere near that godless laurel canyon!

eclipse should say something, too.

until now what we can know is that this album has been submitted, feature and from a insider's subjective opinion it's fantastic. due to what was called as "sooner than we imagine" there is another dry period coming 

She needs to stay far away from her current AC sound. Piano or otherwise. There’s no flavor. Blue Banisters and Adele’s 30 are a cut from the same cloth. A snooze 😴

I want something like Brite Lites or Mermaid Motel not necessarily the same sound but conceptually wacky like that. Or even combining genres again. BTD was iconic for infusing orchestral music with hip hop beats but that has been done to death now by other artists and Lana herself. UV was soft rock with strings, Honeymoon was trap with cinematic strings, LFL was basically BTD lite but worse, etc.

Honestly, if she’s going the jazz route. We do not want old people’s jazz (I don’t want to use the word “old” here because I don’t want to seem ageist, but it has to be said). Please not like Cheek to Cheek. Not that type of jazz.

Make jazz music that we can pole dance to, please. Now that be would revolutionary :smokeney:.

24 minutes ago, Xenoblade 3 said:

Make jazz music that we can pole dance to, please. Now that be would revolutionary :smokeney:.

specially this since imo jazz is one of the sexiest music genres :brows:

and also for giving me Margaret

27 minutes ago, Xenoblade 3 said:

She needs to stay far away from her current AC sound. Piano or otherwise. There’s no flavor. Blue Banisters and Adele’s 30 are a cut from the same cloth. A snooze 😴

I want something like Brite Lites or Mermaid Motel not necessarily the same sound but conceptually wacky like that. Or even combining genres again. BTD was iconic for infusing orchestral music with hip hop beats but that has been done to death now by other artists and Lana herself. UV was soft rock with strings, Honeymoon was trap with cinematic strings, LFL was basically BTD lite but worse, etc.

Honestly, if she’s going the jazz route. We do not want old people’s jazz (I don’t want to use the word “old” here because I don’t want to seem ageist, but it has to be said). Please not like Cheek to Cheek. Not that type of jazz.

So like trash magic?

38 minutes ago, Trrrrrr said:

eclipse should say something, too.

until now what we can know is that this album has been submitted, feature and from a insider's subjective opinion it's fantastic. due to what was called as "sooner than we imagine" there is another dry period coming 

Not to burst anyone’s bubble, but… 

I don’t think FJM said the album was sooner than we expect (unless I missed something, isn’t it what a LDR fan account added?)

the album might not have been submitted yet. Not likely but not impossible either. BOZ could have listened to leaks from the stolen computer and it might not be the whole album (maybe he didn’t even hear the Jon Batiste track).

12 hours ago, blackpalmtrees said:

Considering nothing has leaked yet and we still don’t exactly know any details, i’d say we’re doing pretty good

:true:

So far so good indeed, but I’m afraid leaks will begin once the album is getting announced :pft: