rural legend

'I haven't listened to Lana in a while' - what song/ album do I put on?

So... I go through periods of time where I don't listen to Lana or any music at all. And for some weird reason, I struggle to get back into it because with such massive catalogue it's hard to pick the right song or the right album to get you in the mood. If you go through a similar phase what are your go-to's to break out of it?

26 minutes ago, rural legend said:

So... I go through periods of time where I don't listen to Lana or any music at all. And for some weird reason, I struggle to get back into it because with such massive catalogue it's hard to pick the right song or the right album to get you in the mood. If you go through a similar phase what are your go-to's to break out of it?

but who says that you have to pick tho ? :ma:

My advice is: Listening to her whole discography in order is always the best - Yes it might take quite some time but that means you will spend sometimes to catch up/ discover/ explore the evolution of Lana Del Rey, which is really interesting and really worth it. (you should start at BTD or AKA again)

Why? Because the more you listen to Lana in order, witness her growth a an artist and a human being, to get to the woman she is today, you should go through every single one of her catalogue because i promise you - at the end, it's worth it. Before Lana drop something new, i always listen to her previous work in full to see where she left it at that particular point and as i transit to another era, I can see how she pick it up again.

Yeah, that means go listen to her discography i say :oopna: call it a "Lana Del Rey discography journey" i suppose

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

2 minutes ago, Whore of Tropico said:

but who says that you have to pick tho ? :ma:

My advice is: Listening to her whole discography in order is always the best - Yes it might take quite some time but that's life and that mean you will spend sometimes to catch up/ discover/ explore the evolution of Lana Del Rey, which is really interesting. (you should start at BTD or AKA again)

Why? Because the more you listen to Lana in order, witness her growth a an artist and a human being, to get to the woman she is today, you should go through every single one of her catalogue because i promise you - at the end, it's worth it. Before Lana drop something new, i always listen to her previous work in full to see where she left it at that particular point and as i transit to another era, I can see how she pick it up again.

Yeah, that means go listen to her discography i say :oopna: call it a "Lana Del Rey discography journey" i suppose

You really went and challenged me! I think I only ever listened to her entire discography start to finish just before Chemtrails dropped. Or was that NFR? I don't even remember :flop: I can't promise I'll do that but I might give it a go soon! 

I would listen again to the first mainstreams songs i got to know Lana with, something like Born To Die, Blue Jeans, Ride, West Coast, Brooklyn Baby or Shades Of Cool or so to say some of her most streamed videos on Youtube. ;-)