Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

I don't see To Be Human as a "humans are bad" song :rip: for me the message of the song is "despite the shitty state of the world we live in today we're still united by love and we will get through this" and that every single one of us have our personal problems and even though they seem small and ridiculous to some people only we know our inner battles and what we are going through.

Only facts detected!

#amy lee from Oreomilkshake

God's dead, I said, "Baby, that's alright with me"

nobody is asking what's the point in writing a woke song, but what's the point in writing a FAKE woke song. like there's nothing woke or interesting in saying humans are bad. there's no social commentary. we're not complaining bc it's woke but because it fails to do so. like again "humans are bad" woho?? pulitzer here she comes??

we're ok with everything she does as long as it's genuine and heartfelt. humans are bad is neither genuine nor heartfelt

How do you know it’s “fake” though? I’d only consider it fake if she was trying to appeal to the political correctness of this time, but Marina is talking about issues that concern her in interviews and IG posts. Some personal, some about things going on in society. I don’t think the song is an attempt to get a pat on the back or claim that all humans are “bad”. I think it’s more of an observation and posing a question.

How do you know it’s “fake” though? I’d only consider it fake if she was trying to appeal to the political correctness of this time, but Marina is talking about issues that concern her in interviews and IG posts. Some personal, some about things going on in society. I don’t think the song is an attempt to get a pat on the back or claim that all humans are “bad”. I think it’s more of an observation and posing a question.

exactly

T7EdChR.png

nobody is asking what's the point in writing a woke song, but what's the point in writing a FAKE woke song. like there's nothing woke or interesting in saying humans are bad. there's no social commentary. we're not complaining bc it's woke but because it fails to do so. like again "humans are bad" woho?? pulitzer here she comes??

we're ok with everything she does as long as it's genuine and heartfelt. humans are bad is neither genuine nor heartfelt

she's not saying humans are bad, you obv haven't really listened to the song lol. she's writing a personal story about how after everything she's seen & experienced, she still doesn't know what her purpose is -- but she does know that she wants to feel connected to other people, and that's what everyone fundamentally wants.

and everyone has that to some extent, because we're all connected to each other in our love and our fear, regardless of how the resurgent alt-right fascist nationalist rhetoric makes people dehumanise those that are different. 

it's not really a woke song, it's just a cute lil message about her existential journey, and her trying to find meaning in her life again after her period of depression and hopelessness after the froot tour. that's what does make it genuine & heartfelt.

People are so hard on artists even if it's marina, Lana, Billie etc.. They are making what they feel of course they will have their bad moments in songwriting or lyricism but it's like people always ask too much like it's easy.. And it's general I'm not a marina fan

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

I love To Be Human MV! Yes, it's not her most professional video, and it's kinda amateur and simple, but that's why I love it <3 

She looks stunning there, definitely one of my favorite videos  :flutter:

and it's much more better and interesting than most of the electra heart videos

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

she's not saying humans are bad, you obv haven't really listened to the song lol. she's writing a personal story about how after everything she's seen & experienced, she still doesn't know what her purpose is -- but she does know that she wants to feel connected to other people, and that's what everyone fundamentally wants.

and everyone has that to some extent, because we're all connected to each other in our love and our fear, regardless of how the resurgent alt-right fascist nationalist rhetoric makes people dehumanise those that are different. 

it's not really a woke song, it's just a cute lil message about her existential journey, and her trying to find meaning in her life again after her period of depression and hopelessness after the froot tour. that's what does make it genuine & heartfelt.

ok so i can see it from this perspective. i was a little swayed by the comments and i'll try and listen to it with new eyes

To Be Human should have been the 1st single. Handmade Heaven, the second.

After that she should have just started with the Fear part of the album (if there are good tracks on that part).

enjoy your life as the lead imo, then HH, then orange trees and then to be human.

xMcVPI7.jpg

The idea and sentiment of the video are nice but it came off as lazy to me. I mean she shot herself singing the song in two different locations and added a bunch of clips in between, and the fact that some of the videos have filters and are in 4:3 while others look raw as fuck and 16:9 really throws me off... it looks like some fanmade edit or whatever  :rip: Madonna did some similar videos for her tours (Get Stupid and Nobody Knows Me) and the way they were edited is superb, while this just looks bland and boring. The song deserved a much better video.

This describes the majority of Lana's music videos :toofunny:

I thought the video was gorgeous. It made me appreciate the song even more. Especially after watching the video, though, I really feel like the song belonged on Fear. It's an amazing song, no doubt, it just seems out of place on Love. 

And PDCM? BOP, but again, it sounds like a rejected Dua Lipa song. I'll cross my fingers for the full leak in 1-2 years.

giphy-1.gif 

I'd rather TNWWY or HH demo to leak than PDCM

I want PDCM most follow by TNWWY and then the HH demo. the hh demo sounds useless to have lmao, like yay now we have a shitty version of a song that's good? like

xMcVPI7.jpg

I want PDCM most follow by TNWWY and then the HH demo. the hh demo sounds useless to have lmao, like yay now we have a shitty version of a song that's good? like

Eh? sis the demo seems to be cute from what we've heard. The vocals sound very celestial :hair: that's why I want it to leak, probably it's not gonna be better than the final version ofc lol

PDCM is cute but it's just meh to me. TNWWY>>

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup: