Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

Oop I posted in the wrong thread :bebe:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Lyrics from NA shared by Eclipse:

Spoiler

Who gave you jazz, hip-hop, rock n roll and the blues

No matter what, history's catching up on you

I really like the way she wrote abt racism into these lines. It has sass w/ a little bit of sarcasm. This is shaping up to be a really great song, both lyric and production-wise

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

11 hours ago, cory said:

It says 11 songs, 40 minutes in that snippet video... so it’s like 37 without Pink Convertible? Bye. :rip:

It's pretty much enough for me :fabcat: I was afraid we'd have a 10 songs - 30 minutes type of situation, but 37-38 mins is pretty decent ngl.

So the OG (?) track listing is:

1. Ancient Dreams In a Modern Land
  2. Venus Fly Trap
  3. Purge the Poison
  4. Man's World
  5. New America
  6. Pandora's Box
  7. Pink Convertible ( :defeated: )
  8. I Love You But I Love Me More
  9. Highly Emotional People
  10. Flowers
  11. Goodbye

I wonder if, now we know Pink Convertible is mastered, she could drop it as a promotional single to further promote the album or whatever. Would be a good idea to snatch it on digital retailers as a exclusive bonus though.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

33 minutes ago, Venus Fly Trap said:

The visual for ADIAML still amazes me holy shit

IKRRR

I love all of her visuals (maybe apart from cough+oooh, they were kinda boring) but the aesthetic of this era is probably my favourite.

I also love how the MV of Oh No! had these comic book elements and ADIAML has this female superhero vibe

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif

7 hours ago, BluebirdXO said:

I just can't understand why she hasn't dropped a pre-order for the vinyl yet. We have a vinyl for the pussy riot remix, but not for the album?

I think some vinyl plants are having delays... 21 pilots album dropped last week and likely won’t put out a vinyl until the fall. Arianas Positions took around 4 months after the album release to get a vinyl. 
We already saw Mans World 7 inch took months to even hear any updates about it so I’m not holding my breath to get get any news rn 

56 minutes ago, TRENCH said:

I think some vinyl plants are having delays... 21 pilots album dropped last week and likely won’t put out a vinyl until the fall. Arianas Positions took around 4 months after the album release to get a vinyl. 
We already saw Mans World 7 inch took months to even hear any updates about it so I’m not holding my breath to get get any news rn 

It's definitely this. She even said she was trying to get us a glow-in-the-dark vinyl for PTP and then, when it was up for pre-order, the release date shown was October 29th so.... yeah.

Vinyl is coming, I think she even said so, but even if it's up for pre-order really soon, imo it won't be shipped sooner than early-mid November

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

19 hours ago, Yosemite said:

Lyrics from NA shared by Eclipse:

Hide contents

Who gave you jazz, hip-hop, rock n roll and the blues

No matter what, history's catching up on you

I really like the way she wrote abt racism into these lines. It has sass w/ a little bit of sarcasm. This is shaping up to be a really great song, both lyric and production-wise

Ok this is actually a great line, subtle enough but at the same time really explicit 

If we get so many political songs on this album, I hope the lyrics will actually be well crafted. I have no problems with her doing this kind of songs, but if she does multiple ones, she should decide which topic is supposed to be sung about in which one. So far the only political song she put out which actually addresses ONE specific topic is Men's World. 
Savages, To Be Human, Purge The Posion - they all go under the label of ~political and just throw together multiple "woke" statements about racism, climate change, misogyny etc. New Americana seems to go down the same route. If she's just going to be all over the place, I doubt that the lyrics will have much of an impact

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

40 minutes ago, Thunder Corpse said:

If we get so many political songs on this album, I hope the lyrics will actually be well crafted. I have no problems with her doing this kind of songs, but if she does multiple ones, she should decide which topic is supposed to be sung about in which one. So far the only political song she put out which actually addresses ONE specific topic is Men's World. 
Savages, To Be Human, Purge The Posion - they all go under the label of ~political and just throw together multiple "woke" statements about racism, climate change, misogyny etc. New Americana seems to go down the same route. If she's just going to be all over the place, I doubt that the lyrics will have much of an impact

I agree w you but not on New America. Yes, if she wants to address political stuff she should only have one topic on the song and talk abt it. However, NA is kind of an exception since she’s talking about everything that’s wrong w/ America/everything they’ve done wrong (i.e. GMOs, racism, and I also think she’s gonna talk abt wars), which maybe can serve as a metaphor for the rest of the world and not just America, bc it also applies 

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

1 hour ago, Yosemite said:

I agree w you but not on New America. Yes, if she wants to address political stuff she should only have one topic on the song and talk abt it. However, NA is kind of an exception since she’s talking about everything that’s wrong w/ America/everything they’ve done wrong (i.e. GMOs, racism, and I also think she’s gonna talk abt wars), which maybe can serve as a metaphor for the rest of the world and not just America, bc it also applies 

Yeah, I totally get it but it kind of loses it's charm whe the other songs are all over the place ASWELL.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

3 hours ago, Thunder Corpse said:

Yeah, I totally get it but it kind of loses it's charm whe the other songs are all over the place ASWELL.

yeah I agree

It’s not even a matter of being political or being outspoken it’s that she’s not actually saying anything in her songs just name dropping issues and problems we have like yes they exist we know it wanna say something of significance next time??

like saying sexism exists women are discriminated is not activism it’s just saying things