Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

I'm your carnal flower I'm your bloody rose. Pick my petals off and make my heart explode!!!!!!  :bop:  :bop:  :legend:  :legend:  :party:  :party:  :diva:  :diva:

edit: Just realized this song sounds MADE for gay clubs lol.. It sounds like a gay club in the 80's, especially the chorus. Can't wait for the video!!!

This is EVERYTHING. I don't even know how to describe it, it's a very strange song. Mother Nature slayed me once again  :worship:

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOO ready for this era. She better have a song using the metaphor of a venus fly trap!  :legend:

I am honestly so ready, this is the weird artsy album we've been waiting for her to make! So glad Electra Heart flopped lol.

edit: do you guys think her new picture is the album cover? (I don't think so but I would be fine with it!)

Teach them how it's fucking done, Marina! It sounds like the perfect upward trajectory from The Family Jewels but with this crazy new production. I'm in love, I'm in love :defeated:

Okay so it didn't do really anything for me on first listen. I was waiting for it to kick in with a really catchy chorus or something idk.. The lyrics are amazing though and I think this is just a bit of a slow-burner for me. I'm sure I'll be addicted in a couple more plays. So glad she's back!!! :party:

H0bDaqU.gif

edit: my only problem with the lyrics is that they are so metaphorical for the female body that I can't really relate/sing it out loud without feeling weird about it lol... "baby im plump and ripe, pinker than shepherd's delight" :$

If ya gotta plump pink dick you can relate. :usrs:

FROOT is amazing btw. :rip:

14417469274.gif

:crying:

^ This was literally my face when I both read the lyrics yesterday and heard the song for the first time today. It was a LOT different from how the snippet led me to think the song would be, but its still so awesome!

I only don't like the pre-chorus bit, I think the song would have been better without it, and she pronounces ready and rodeo weird but that chorus damnit is perfect:bodyisready:

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

I forced one of my friends to listen to the song and told him a few of the lyrics (since they aren't that easy to hear in the song tbh) and he said he said she clearly wants a kid. Which isn't something I thought about but I did think it was obviously about her being in her prime and wanting a husband and I guess part of that has to do with being fertile and wanting a kid. In that aspect, women don't have as much time as gay men to find a "mate"...