Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

GENERIC + LIFELESS 

Emotional Machine is the only song I've found myself taking a liking too. The rest is just too bland and uninspired to even waste time thinking about. Going from her opus to...... this. 

i'm flying to the moon again, dreaming about heroin... 

Happy 500 pages :kiss:

Let's stream L+F instead of criticizing it calling it mediocre, bland or etc. It's not that deep! Just bop to music!!

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

Happy 500 pages :kiss:

Let's stream L+F instead of criticizing it calling it mediocre, bland or etc. It's not that deep! Just bop to music!!

"it's not that deep" in a forum based solely on discussing music? i mean...

saying "it's not that deep"/"just enjoy it"/"just be thankful she's putting out new music"/" be thankful she didn't quit" etc... is all derailing the conversion on a purely utilitarian level, "she put out new music and new music is better than no music so it's good" is not an argument. nobody is criticising the fact that she decided to release new music but rather the way in which she did... 

music is art. I know a lot of yall think music is just background noise to write your twitter rants to but it's very far from that. music is such a unique medium because it allows an artist to convey meaning and emotions with so many means at a time: melody, lyrics, timing, instruments, etc... 

as a chinese proverb goes, «it's not something they fucking made, it's some professional like... this shit is in different areas»

if we go on saying "just be thankful it's music" we're removing ANY meaning anything has in favour of the sole fact that things exist. but then what's the point? what's the point of making music? there already billions of songs out there, and they exist, so they MUST be good.

this is the same process that led lana to completely disregard her career. instead of questioning her choices and thinking critically people kept saying "omg yall haters... like she's releasing shit just be happy" like whats the point of just being happy? music is that deep. and now yall complaining lana doesnt take anything seriously. omg.

yall deserve NFR to go south. i hope she quits her career altogether so yall can be "happy" that she released music

Emotional Machine is like nails on a chalkboard. My whole body recoils when I hear the chorus. It makes me cringe... it makes me unhappy....

"it's not that deep" in a forum based solely on discussing music? i mean...

saying "it's not that deep"/"just enjoy it"/"just be thankful she's putting out new music"/" be thankful she didn't quit" etc... is all derailing the conversion on a purely utilitarian level, "she put out new music and new music is better than no music so it's good" is not an argument. nobody is criticising the fact that she decided to release new music but rather the way in which she did...

music is art. I know a lot of yall think music is just background noise to write your twitter rants to but it's very far from that. music is such a unique medium because it allows an artist to convey meaning and emotions with so many means at a time: melody, lyrics, timing, instruments, etc...

as a chinese proverb goes, «it's not something they fucking made, it's some professional like... this shit is in different areas»

if we go on saying "just be thankful it's music" we're removing ANY meaning anything has in favour of the sole fact that things exist. but then what's the point? what's the point of making music? there already billions of songs out there, and they exist, so they MUST be good.

this is the same process that led lana to completely disregard her career. instead of questioning her choices and thinking critically people kept saying "omg yall haters... like she's releasing shit just be happy" like whats the point of just being happy? music is that deep. and now yall complaining lana doesnt take anything seriously. omg.

yall deserve NFR to go south. i hope she quits her career altogether so yall can be "happy" that she released music

That’s a lot of emotions for an album. Criticizing it is fine, but there’s no need to come to this thread every single day to repeat that the album’s bad. It’s honestly not that deep as the multiple essays you wrote. You don’t like the album, others do, I personally love it, it all depends on personal taste. I don’t get what you want us to do, like, do you want us to all tell Marina that the album’s bad so it forces her to make music she doesn’t want to make but that we want to hear? She literally almost quit music all together. Criticizing an album is fine. Saying you don’t like the album is fine. Calling it bland and all that is fine, it’s your opinion, but writing essay after essay about how bad this album is and how she lost her artistic vision gets annoying real fast, because it’s all based on your personal opinion and your personal taste in music. The music she’s making right now is just not for you, just accept it and move on..

qfrWuBl.png

I'm actually CUT that this didn't make it onto the album

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nee7m-SrNng

i remember bopping my bussy to this back in 2018

upset it never came to fruition (however i think it could just be a very early iteration of emotional machine)

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

Y’all it’s not that deep. Yes, the second verse of No More Suckers could be better, but it’s not that bad!

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

entire album is so boring, emotional machine is cool tho.

marina try not to reuse the same lyrics each song challenge.

Lana also re-uses lyrics and they're both Leo Moons. Coincidence? Probably. Anyway, call out for Leo Moons to stop recycling.

I'm digging Life is Strange and Emotional Machine.

That’s a lot of emotions for an album. Criticizing it is fine, but there’s no need to come to this thread every single day to repeat that the album’s bad. It’s honestly not that deep as the multiple essays you wrote. You don’t like the album, others do, I personally love it, it all depends on personal taste. I don’t get what you want us to do, like, do you want us to all tell Marina that the album’s bad so it forces her to make music she doesn’t want to make but that we want to hear? She literally almost quit music all together. Criticizing an album is fine. Saying you don’t like the album is fine. Calling it bland and all that is fine, it’s your opinion, but writing essay after essay about how bad this album is and how she lost her artistic vision gets annoying real fast, because it’s all based on your personal opinion and your personal taste in music. The music she’s making right now is just not for you, just accept it and move on..

@ simply replied to @@Loreen who suggested that people shouldn't criticise the album at all and that it's "not that deep" and "just music", which, I'm sorry, is not a sentiment I can get behind. This is a music forum, the whole point of it is to discuss music, and obviously that doesn't only include kissing Marina's ass, but also being able to criticise her and her music. I'm glad @ is writing what you call "essays" and explaining their opinion so thoroughly rather than just calling it shit without bringing up any actual thoughts and arguments. It's not like they just come here to hate on Marina out of boredom, it's obvious that – like many others, myself included – they think very highly of Marina's past work and are disappointed by this particular album. Most of us agree that she can definitely do Better Than That.mp3, and this deserves to be discussed in this thread just as much as others are praising the album. 

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

No More Suckers is such a cute *fuck you* anthem to all the shitty ppl that tried to take advantage of others’ generosity. I’ve had to cut off too many toxic ppl in the last few years, so this is probably my favorite song ‘cuz I relate so well. It’s just adorable. :flutter:

14417469274.gif

I'm actually CUT that this didn't make it onto the album

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nee7m-SrNng

It's the same chord progression as Emotional Machine. She mentioned in the track descriptions she wrote EM not long after FROOT and it was a bit of a mess before she worked with BROODS on it, so it's more than likely just that early idea for it.

It's the same chord progression as Emotional Machine. She mentioned in the track descriptions she wrote EM not long after FROOT and it was a bit of a mess before she worked with BROODS on it, so it's more than likely just that early idea for it.

tbh the snippet sounds way better than the verse...

Even though these songs are by no means her BEST ever, you can’t deny the clear-cut approach and straightforward lyricism is really beautiful and authentic. It’s marinas most honest, thoughtful album ever and in that way I think it’s amazing.

Emotional Machine, End of the Earth, Believe in Love, No More Suckers & Orange Trees truly some of her best songs tho fr... wig SNATCHED

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

Even though these songs are by no means her BEST ever, you can’t deny the clear-cut approach and straightforward lyricism is really beautiful and authentic. It’s marinas most honest, thoughtful album ever and in that way I think it’s amazing.

Emotional Machine, End of the Earth, Believe in Love, No More Suckers & Orange Trees truly some of her best songs tho fr... wig SNATCHED

This.

giphy.gif

ok so I have been listening to this album basically on repeat now and... I'm still let down, but the album has yes, grown a bit and I feel fore sure that the best L+F songs are Handmade Heaven(!!), To Be Human, Believe In Love, Life Is Strange, Emotinal Machine, Enjoy Your Life and End Of The Earth.

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy