Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

so Venus Fly Trap was, is and will remain  that bitch. No, I do not think the lyrics are cringy.:twirls: It's my my fav track of the album, along with New America (actually amazing imo) and ILYBILMM (amazing too).

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

9 hours ago, BluebirdXO said:

L+F rollout wasn't that bad. The music was questionable, Marina had come back from a hiatus and part of the fans hated Marina for her twitter drama. I think that Jess did what she could with the resources available 

She didn't even bother adding single artworks on Spotify and some people did point out that she was trying to promote herself more instead of Marina on that YouTube q&a thing. She also did probably nothing to engage Marina in music when she took hiatus. I dunno though, nobody knows what goes on behind closed doors. Anyway, I don't think David is responsible for Ancient Dreams bad rollout, it's more of a COVID thing. However, him blocking Marina stans on Instagram is way too much lol.

original.gif

3 hours ago, vrtvie said:

She didn't even bother adding single artworks on Spotify and some people did point out that she was trying to promote herself more instead of Marina on that YouTube q&a thing. She also did probably nothing to engage Marina in music when she took hiatus. I dunno though, nobody knows what goes on behind closed doors. Anyway, I don't think David is responsible for Ancient Dreams bad rollout, it's more of a COVID thing. However, him blocking Marina stans on Instagram is way too much lol.

Yeah I think the whole ancient dreams mess was just that it was released so quickly after it was finished, if there was more time between finishing tracks/the album and it’s release it would’ve gone smoothly - i think david just didn’t wanna be the type of person to be like “no. you can’t release it for another year”

as for jess…. she was decent at what she did but, I did feel like she was trying to be in the spotlight a lot which is odd for a manager  

10 minutes ago, brandon said:

Yeah I think the whole ancient dreams mess was just that it was released so quickly after it was finished, if there was more time between finishing tracks/the album and it’s release it would’ve gone smoothly - i think david just didn’t wanna be the type of person to be like “no. you can’t release it for another year”

as for jess…. she was decent at what she did but, I did feel like she was trying to be in the spotlight a lot which is odd for a manager  

And because of lack of Vinyl sales, she did abysmal in the charts. It would have been better to wait for the vinyl factories to get their shit together which would have been Feb 2022. In that time she could have written 5 more songs and released the others as a bonus deluxe package. The album cover image and the font weren't great either. Something was way off with that cover. The picture in the album CD back case would have been a better cover. All the songs (for me) were great, but 10 tracks isn't enough.

If only she had waited a few more months.

As for Jess she was the one who did that Q and A with Marina right? I found that odd too.

3 hours ago, 13beachess said:

so Venus Fly Trap was, is and will remain as that bitch. No, I do not think the lyrics are cringy.:twirls: It's my my fav track of the album, along with New America (actually amazing imo) and ILYBILMM (amazing too).

same! VFT and NA are my top 2 as well

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

4 hours ago, vrtvie said:

She also did probably nothing to engage Marina in music when she took hiatus.

Because Marina was on a hiatus for her mental health? The last thing that she should worry about was work

But you had a point on the other matters. Not adding the single covers on Spotify was extremely lazy

5 hours ago, BluebirdXO said:

Because Marina was on a hiatus for her mental health? The last thing that she should worry about was work

She was, but it she also didn't know if she had anything important to say in her songs, etc. etc. Did she really have to try arranging flowers and go to the psychology course? I know Jess is not a psychologist but still she should've helped her with that. Anyway, she is the one who let her change her name to MARINA even though she should've known 100% how bad the decision was and that there's plenty of artists named Marina. Of course Marina is independent and has the final say, but, although I might be wrong, it feels like Jess was like "ok whatever you do you gurl". Derek MacKillop, on the other hand, did not let Marina create Electra Heart as a side project, which was a dumb decision too, seeing that she did work with Dr. Luke anyway I highly doubt Electra Heart suceeded the way she did just because Marina had already been known in the music industry.

original.gif

im glad this era flopped this is payback for marina firing her manager after she'd just given birth.. when you do clownery the clown always comes back to bite

anyway i've seen at least 3 different The Family Jewels tracks used as sounds on TikTok in the last month and people in this thread still refuse to accept that TFJ is her best work and the one that holds better in the long run... absolute madness luv 

4 minutes ago, Charlottexseax said:

im glad this era flopped this is payback for marina firing her manager after she'd just given birth.. when you do clownery the clown always comes back to bite

anyway i've seen at least 3 different The Family Jewels tracks used as sounds on TikTok in the last month and people in this thread still refuse to accept that TFJ is her best work and the one that holds better in the long run... absolute madness luv 

TFJ is an overrated mess. There are some bops and the rest is cute but ameture af. 

Fight me. :diva:

6 minutes ago, Lentilus said:

TFJ is an overrated mess. There are some bops and the rest is cute but ameture af. 

But that's the charm. TFJ without the cacophony would be boring af

On 8/6/2021 at 5:52 AM, vrtvie said:

Did she really have to try arranging flowers and go to the psychology course? I know Jess is not a psychologist but still she should've helped her with that.

Yes??? Being a singer is a profession that she can't change at any minute. If she decides to drop everything to became, I don't know, a wedding planner for example it's her choice. And she could come back at any time if she wanted to

The only thing that I expect from artists is professionalism when they're being artists

15 minutes ago, Lentilus said:

Amateur doesn't mean bad tho, L+F has a very sleek production but it's still trash and flopped.

Plus, regardless of your personal feelings, TFJ is the only album that stands the test of time and still circulates. 

Out of her Spotify 5 most streamed songs, 3 are from TFJ and 1 (Venus Fly Trap) sounds like a TFJ song.

1 hour ago, Charlottexseax said:

Amateur doesn't mean bad tho, L+F has a very sleek production but it's still trash and flopped.

Plus, regardless of your personal feelings, TFJ is the only album that stands the test of time and still circulates. 

Out of her Spotify 5 most streamed songs, 3 are from TFJ and 1 (Venus Fly Trap) sounds like a TFJ song.

Ugh, I enjoy each of her albums tho. A shame ppl are not streaming ADIAML as much as they should. 

Anyways, stream Marina, period.

in%C3%AAs-brasil-in%C3%AAs-t%C3%A2nia-li

16 hours ago, BluebirdXO said:

Yes??? Being a singer is a profession that she can't change at any minute. If she decides to drop everything to became, I don't know, a wedding planner for example it's her choice. And she could come back at any time if she wanted to

The only thing that I expect from artists is professionalism when they're being artists

that's not exactly what i meant; she was clearly depressed at the time and as long as she should be able to do anything she wants, she needed help and it seems like she went through it on her own. sometimes it takes more than to simply say "yes girl do whatever you want (now gimme coins)" especially from a person responsible for your career AS WELL AS your wellbeing and taking happiness from your artistry. why was Jess fired in the first place, we probably will never know. but it's obvious that pregancy was not a reason whatsoever.

anyway love to see TFJ getting recognition :candy:  it's a classic that the world slept on. now i'm waiting for some lesser-known tracks (LIving Dead??? Sex Yeah??? the potential is there) from Electra or FROOT to go viral. tiktok c'me on :oprah:

original.gif