Elle

Snow on the Beach (featuring More Lana Del Rey) to be released on Taylor Swift's 'Midnights' (Til Dawn Edition) - OUT NOW

Just Taylor tayloring.Β 

I hope this gets a lot of backlash and she ends up releasing a remix or a long pond session version of the song or whateverΒ where it's a proper duet cause I do really like the song but the lack of Lana pisses me off lol

qfrWuBl.png

Spoiler

Lyrically, it feels like there’s a lot going on to where it doesn’t flowβ€”there’s very little breathing room that it’s almost suffocating to listen to. Sonically,Β it isn’t the most inspired either. Lana’s backing vocals are extremely muffled and she’s barely audible. I could discern her vocals on merely three occasions during the song. Ah well, you win some,Β you lose someΒ :whatever2:

:typewriter:

The way some of you are so absolutely hateful omfg…

Β 

Like yeah I’m severely disappointed by the lack of Lana on the track too but damn all y’all automatically just hating on taylor as if anyone knows about how the song came togetherΒ 

Β 

like… it’s lana 😭.. the odds of her not WANTING a verse are pretty high I think, like it seems very plausible that they were in the studio together, wrote a song, and taylor just really wanted lana’s vocals on it - and then gave her a feature so she would get her credit and her coin

Β 

all i’m saying is that automatically calling her a misogynist is a little.. ummm..Β misogynistic it seems!Β (this line was not a slay of me, however i’m keeping it here because like, i mean, i said it and idk it feels wrong to act like i didn’t 😭)

Just now, IanadeIrey said:
Β  Reveal hidden contents

Lyrically, it feels like there’s a lot going on to where it doesn’t flowβ€”there’s very little breathing room that it’s almost suffocating to listen to. Sonically,Β it isn’t the most inspired either. Lana’s backing vocals are extremely muffled and she’s barely audible. I could discern her vocals on merely three occasions during the song. Ah well, you win some you lose someΒ :whatever2:

Β 

living for the shade, ms. del rey! :typewriter:

WGe8ynS.gif

1 minute ago, IanadeIrey said:
Β  Hide contents

Lyrically, it feels like there’s a lot going on to where it doesn’t flowβ€”there’s very little breathing room that it’s almost suffocating to listen to. Sonically,Β it isn’t the most inspired either. Lana’s backing vocals are extremely muffled and she’s barely audible. I could discern her vocals on merely three occasions during the song. Ah well, you win some you lose someΒ :whatever2:

This is the most constructive thing I’ve ever heard you say and I’m shook cause it still the nicest way anyone could have ever put this sjbdfdjdb :eartha:

I was slightly disappointed when I initially heard the news but am feeling neutral now.Β 

Β 

Maybe Lana was too busy to record a verseΒ because she was making the LDR9 β€œmasterpiece”:ma:Β 

Β 

LDR9/10 double release in Decemberβ€”start the countdowns!:monica:

β€œβ€¦and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia PlathΒ 

3 minutes ago, brandon said:

The way some of you are so absolutely hateful omfg…

Β 

Like yeah I’m severely disappointed by the lack of Lana on the track too but damn all y’all automatically just hating on taylor as if anyone knows about how the song came togetherΒ 

Β 

like… it’s lana 😭.. the odds of her not WANTING a verse are pretty high I think, like it seems very plausible that they were in the studio together, wrote a song, and taylor just really wanted lana’s vocals on it - and then gave her a feature so she would get her credit and her coin

Β 

all i’m saying is that automatically calling her a misogynist is a little.. ummm..Β misogynistic it seems!

Β 

calling taylor a misogynist doesn’t make somebody a misogynist, do i think she’s sexist for not letting her female collaborators have full-fledge features? no, i don’t see why other people are saying that either? (even though, yeah,Β it’s a little weird that she’s doing that)Β but can we stop using the word β€œmisogynist” for literally everything? you can’t call out people for being incorrect about misogynist behaviorΒ by also being incorrect about misogynist behavior

WGe8ynS.gif

Damn y'all are losing itΒ :hillary:, I think this is just aΒ Lana thing, she gets invited, possibly involves herself in the writing (or her team demands a credit and ft tag) and she just vibes while the lead does the work vocally. A+ hype marketing, I'll probably still listen to the album #TAYGATE

Just now, The Stargirl Pinky said:

This is the most constructive thing I’ve ever heard you say and I’m shook cause it still the nicest way anyone could have ever put this sjbdfdjdb :eartha:

:thumb3:LMAOΒ that’s how you know the general consensus is *strong* with this one!Β :mj2: