Surf Noir

Unpopular Music Opinions

7 hours ago, bia said:

I don’t like the transitions in Renassaince… every song feels cut in middle. Confessions on a dance floor by Madonna has the same issue.

Christina Aguilera’s voice is too nasal therefore not good to hear. Britney’s voice (specially her low original voice) is more pleasant to the ears. 

christina and Britney were taught by the same tutors on MMC which is why when you listen to certain debut songs they sound very similar- ironically I’d say they both have very nasal voices naturally which is something Britney actually gets more critique for- Obviously both have bad techniques but Christina’s fake powerful voice later on vs Britneys baby voice pushed by Eric foster atleast enabled her to display some vocal talent.

In conclusion: as they moved onto their sophomore albums and britneys voice became more breathy and pinched by compressing her voice with Christina’s becoming more throaty to appear soulful- both have some damage and should been coached on their debuts to reach their potentials 

On 11/1/2022 at 9:01 PM, Surf Noir said:

also, regarding toxic, i feel like it's a little out-of-place on the album? i think it's a mix of both the song being so massively popular, which makes it stand out more i suppose, as well as the fact that it's quite different from the other tracks :air2: i promise i don't hate toxic lol

I disagree. ITZ is such a genius album because each song is very different from the others (breathe on me has hard electronic vibes, outrageous has this Arabian vibe, touch of my hand has violins, boom boom is more rnb) but the album is very cohesive at the same time 

On 9/1/2023 at 11:09 PM, West Coast said:

Really not a fan of her ASMR vocals as well, she got great production and can perform her ass off though

I can’t hear billie eilish, her voice makes me sooo cringy is like she’s forcing to be sexy. I like her songs but i just can’t hear them because her voice makes me too nervous, specially considering she’s very young 

On 10/8/2023 at 10:02 AM, evalionisameme said:

It’s crazy that there’s so much clipping on music post 2000s- if you listen to a song like family portrait by pink one of the entire ending parts is entirely clipped- case in point the entirety of stripped by Christina.

You're taught in producing that clipping is a sign of poor production and or mixing skills yet so much modern music contains it :crossed:

What does clipping mean?

On 10/8/2023 at 5:26 PM, evalionisameme said:

christina and Britney were taught by the same tutors on MMC which is why when you listen to certain debut songs they sound very similar- ironically I’d say they both have very nasal voices naturally which is something Britney actually gets more critique for- Obviously both have bad techniques but Christina’s fake powerful voice later on vs Britneys baby voice pushed by Eric foster atleast enabled her to display some vocal talent.

In conclusion: as they moved onto their sophomore albums and britneys voice became more breathy and pinched by compressing her voice with Christina’s becoming more throaty to appear soulful- both have some damage and should been coached on their debuts to reach their potentials 

I partially agree with you. Both singers indeed sound nasal and similar when reaching higher notes - I remember listening to soda pop for the first time thinking it was a duet with xtina lol. But when singing “normal” vocals (neither too high nor too low), xtina’s voice continues to sound nasal, while Britney has this husky sexy dark voice. An example is here to stay or understand by xtina vs blur or he about to lose me by Britney. Xtinas examples are easier to find but britney’s true voice unfortunately appears rarely on her discography, as we know.

Idk why people hate U2 so much? Is it because of their dumb iTunes promo? Like they're nothing groundbreaking and their newer music isn't something spectacular either but like their older music is something I grew up with as a kid and I still love their older songs so much. Reminds me of all the good memories from my childhood

url%5D

On 10/12/2023 at 4:32 AM, bia said:

I disagree. ITZ is such a genius album because each song is very different from the others (breathe on me has hard electronic vibes, outrageous has this Arabian vibe, touch of my hand has violins, boom boom is more rnb) but the album is very cohesive at the same time 

I can’t hear billie eilish, her voice makes me sooo cringy is like she’s forcing to be sexy. I like her songs but i just can’t hear them because her voice makes me too nervous, specially considering she’s very young 

What does clipping mean?

Clipping is odd distortion or harsh frequencies because the sound has been pushed too much- which happens all the way through stripped on Christina’s vocals if you listen to it in flac quality. 

I think In the zone is her best record tbh(Britney)

I get what you’re saying about the nasal aspect but Britney rarely uses a natural voice even during the early years of the broadway voice she used a more nasal technique for high notes-

she should of been trained to use this voice with small elements of her “Britney” voice on ITZ instead of backup singers

I like instrumentals and instrumental sections. Lyrics are great, don’t get me wrong, but not every song has to be three minutes, faced paced and full of words. 

Maybe that’s why I love Venice Bitch so much :wub:

C9-EB944-D-53-AE-42-A7-A3-CE-EF6-DA48879

On 10/8/2023 at 6:20 AM, honeyslow said:

the indie girl darlings of today are so boring to me I truly can't understand the hype... I've tried to listen to Phoebe Bridgers, Mitski, boygenius etc. so many times and I always give up after like two songs

this is so real, i literally can't stand any of their music outside of the 20 second blurbs that are on tiktok videos :oprah3:

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

Artists are like small businesses. E.g. on their tours, they are employers for their dancers, background singers, instrumentalists, etc. That's why they have no choice but to play in front of large audiences and earn as much money as possible. They don't just do it for themselves or for their fans, but also for the people around them.

On 11/24/2023 at 1:24 PM, bluechemtrails said:

The 70's were the most relevant musical decade, closely followed by the 80's, then the 60's and the 90's. Only a few songs have been written in the last few years that will still be known or interesting in a few decades.

yeah it's embarrasing. Just look at what music is constantly being using in movies, shows, advertisements, etc. It's all 50s-90s mega hits and a spark of 2000-2010s. 

I hate Taylor Swift and wish she'd really mess up so both her crappy music and her annoying cult-like fandom could be squashed in one blow, forever.

i also side eyed her bringing Ice Spice on a track after her POS ex talked shit about Ice and said some horribly racist shit. If these are the people she goes out with, its likely not far from who she herself is.