Elle

[SINGLE] Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd: OUT NOW

13 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

tunnel sounds so good with dolby atmos especially the last 2 minutes :fabcat:

Oooooo wait I want to hear. How do I stream with dolby atmos?

3 minutes ago, Brightsun said:

I hate this fucking dolby I don’t know if it’s me but when it’s on the volume is so low

no it’s not just you :crai: for whatever reason it pushes the volume down but i just listen on maximum volume :ma:

it also often completely butchers some songs/their mixing but on some rare occasions like this one it sounds really great (or maybe i’m just tired of spotify’s awful sound quality)

I see some people asking why people like this and not BB (mainly Arcadia). The IYLDWM similarities are undeniable and both Arcadia and Tunnel have an orchestra. My biggest thing is that they’re both pretty wordy songs but her delivery in Tunnel just flows so much better. Arcadia just sounds awkward to me at times, like the arteries line. I also think I just prefer the writing on Tunnel than IYLDWM. Tunnel seems a bit more complex and it seems like Lana is really mastering her craft in songwriting here 

sgopYhV.gif

It’s grown/growing on me. On first listen, it just reminded me of LMLYLAW, Arcadia, and just BB overall, which was disappointing. The lyrics really pulled me in, and I’m warming up to the song overall. Once the album comes out, I doubt I’ll ever listen to it individually, but I can’t wait to see it within the context of the album. 

I’m not particularly concerned because Lana likes to release ballads as singles that I never tend to really care for or listen to regularly in the long term (Terrance Loves You, Hope is a dangerous thing, LMLYLAW, Arcadia), and they usually aren’t really that great of a preview of the rest of the album. So I have hope that the rest could be different and better, even if this is growing on me. 

I just really am hoping for a strong album this time around. Having two albums in a row where I regularly skipped half the songs kinda hurt me since Lana has been one of my favorite artists ever from the moment I discovered her a decade ago. 

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

There's something about the title track that is so devastating to listen to. It really hits a sad spot that I haven't felt since "Heroin," "How to Disappear," and "Hope is a Dangerous Thing" (three H's, huh). I adore COCC and Blue Banisters, but neither record really moved me emotionally in the same ways. 

"When is it going to be my turn?" I can't think of this line without immediately thinking about death and it makes the entire song so much darker  :icant:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

42 minutes ago, Map of LA said:

There's something about the title track that is so devastating to listen to. It really hits a sad spot that I haven't felt since "Heroin," "How to Disappear," and "Hope is a Dangerous Thing" (three H's, huh). I adore COCC and Blue Banisters, but neither record really moved me emotionally in the same ways. 

"When is it going to be my turn?" I can't think of this line without immediately thinking about death and it makes the entire song so much darker  :icant:

i was thinking the same thing bc the tunnel does seem v coffin-like and "don't forget me" taps into such a base, existential fear - to me it's almost like thunder's refrain "just do it, don't wait" where the listener can decide for themselves what exactly is going on/what they want out of the song and even meanings to the same line can shift and transform as the song goes on. but that's the best part of lana's songs, that so many ideas and images are swirling together constantly  

mUENGN9.png

38 minutes ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

i was thinking the same thing bc the tunnel does seem v coffin-like and "don't forget me" taps into such a base, existential fear - to me it's almost like thunder's refrain "just do it, don't wait" where the listener can decide for themselves what exactly is going on/what they want out of the song and even meanings to the same line can shift and transform as the song goes on. but that's the best part of lana's songs, that so many ideas and images are swirling together constantly  

yeah, and adding on to this, it even makes the metaphor of the tunnel to be this sort of purgatory or transitional state after you die - creating even more powerful feelings of the weight + fragility of existence when you listen to the song

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

23 minutes ago, Selfloathinpoet said:

I've seen many people saying that the new single sounds like blue banisters but I haven't found any kind of resemblance to BB💀

Those people need to clean them ears out, this album so far sounds nothing like NFR, COCC, or BB.

But again, only real fans can tell the difference between Lana's albums;)

8 minutes ago, 5adboy said:

Those people need to clean them ears out, this albums so far sounds nothing like NFR, COCC, or BB.

But again, only real fans can tell the difference between Lana's albums;)

I mean I've been a fan since 2012 and I still think it sounds similar to BB but not in a bad way. It reminds me of IYLDWM and Thunder in the sense that they have a calmer start with the piano and keep building throughout the song.

I think it's a nice transition between BB and what's to come :flutter:

I'm a firm believer that none of her albums sound the same but there are particular songs that reminisce of other records and that's completely fine (and I love it cause I'm nostalgic and I loved BB).

I do think this new one is the superior track tho :true:

giphy.gif