Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

18 minutes ago, salvatorelovesyou said:

I wonder what the closing song will be like :flutter:

I feel she's going to close the album on a very high feminine energy, like celebrating her femininity :diva: idk why, just a wild guess or wishful thinking

It hadn’t even crossed my mind that Sweet Carolina will transition into The Grants. Your mind @bluechemtrails !!! I absolutely love when she does this (such as with LFL to NFR). 

Like @salvatorelovesyou mentioned, I’m really curious what the closer will sound like, particularly with Lana deliberately mentioning to W Magazine that she gives an “Old Hollywood style” goodbye and thank-you at the end of her records. 

Also, it’s interesting thinking about her “goodbye” comment in the context of Sweet Carolina considering that the last line was, “Closer to you than your next breath, my dear.”

I definitely will be paying attention to the closer for TUOB:brows:

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

15 minutes ago, Veinsineon said:

Don’t forget the weird thing that happened with Hope album version and also Beautiful raindrop version

I have yet to hear either, so I forgot :wowcry:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

2 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

It hadn’t even crossed my mind that Sweet Carolina will transition into The Grants. Your mind @bluechemtrails !!! I absolutely love when she does this (such as with LFL to NFR). 

Like @salvatorelovesyou mentioned, I’m really curious what the closer will sound like, particularly with Lana deliberately mentioning to W Magazine that she gives an “Old Hollywood style” goodbye and thank-you at the end of her records. 

Also, it’s interesting thinking about her “goodbye” comment in the context of Sweet Carolina considering that the last line was, “Closer to you than your next breath, my dear.”

this is a great point and her finale to opener transitions are some of my favorites…HIADT to White Dress is absolutely lethal. Considering that Sweet Carolina (probably my favorite song on BB and one of my fav piano songs from her) and The Grants are both about her family, she’s obviously given it some thought and I just know it’ll blow us away.

sgopYhV.gif

2 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

I have yet to hear either, so I forgot :wowcry:

you need to hear Beautiful it’s a big slay 

Spoiler

I honestly wouldn’t mind if she did something like it again (only the string version tho)

2 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

I don't think that there was a goodbye song on Blue Banisters, but I associate Cherry Blossom more as a goodbye track than SC

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Just now, salvatorelovesyou said:

I perceive a strong gospel vibe in this album... The backing singers on the title track and the presence of Jon Batiste make it even better.

Yep, and the pastor

26 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

I wonder if there will be a FIILY/Groupie Love/Summer Bummer situation with this record, where the vinyl has a demo version and streaming has the final

i’ve been thinking, i wonder if the vinyl is going to have the 5 1/2 minute version of the title track. i actually think whatever was omitted from the song was omitted because BOZ said the album was just under 80 minutes, and the maximum amount a CD can hold is 79:30, so whatever was cut probably had to be. but even considering A&W is “well over 7 minutes”, we have 15-16 minutes on side A of the vinyl to spare still, she could probably stick the extra minute of the song on if she wanted to

w/ Sweet Carolina transitioning into The Grants, are you guys expecting something scathing or more just lovey dovey?

Im down for either...

Maybe she doesn't even associate Patty as part of The Grants anymore as it is the family name on her fathers side anyway, thats pretty scathing in itself, to ignore her as if she doesn't exist:coffee:

This album is going to smash. Ocean Blvd outshining both Arcadia and LMLYLAW three weeks out combined. Despite having zero promo.

Just now, burthday kake said:

w/ Sweet Carolina transitioning into The Grants, are you guys expecting something scathing or more just something lovey dovey?

Im down for either...

Maybe she doesn't even associate Patty as part of The Grants anymore as it is the family name on her fathers side anyway, thats pretty scathing in itself, to ignore her as if she doesn't exist:coffee:

i’m kind of thinking a mix of both like Wildflower Wildfire, WW is technically a love song but she still drags miss Patty in it too

1 minute ago, lilac heaven said:

i’ve been thinking, i wonder if the vinyl is going to have the 5 1/2 minute version of the title track. i actually think whatever was omitted from the song was omitted because BOZ said the album was just under 80 minutes, and the maximum amount a CD can hold is 79:30, so whatever was cut probably had to be. but even considering A&W is “well over 7 minutes”, we have 15-16 minutes on side A of the vinyl to spare still, she could probably stick the extra minute of the song on if she wanted to

the thing though is that why wouldn't they put the 5 and a half version on streaming if it was for space reasons

not saying that she won't put that version on the vinyl but i feel like if she did it would probably be due to: a. her sending that version to the vinyl pressing plant but then editing the song further or b. artistic choice to have that version on the vinyl

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

2 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

I thought BoZ confirmed that there isn't a longer edition of Ocean Blvd

I predict for side A:

The Grants: 5:45-6:20

Sweet: 2:45-3:01

Ocean Blvd: 4:45

A&W: 7:40~

Just now, burthday kake said:

w/ Sweet Carolina transitioning into The Grants, are you guys expecting something scathing or more just something lovey dovey?

Im down for either...

Maybe she doesn't even associate her mother as part of The Grants anymore as it is the family name on her fathers side anyway, thats pretty scathing in itself:coffee:

Personally, I expect it to be loving, maybe even a little quirky. I could be wrong, but during Lana’s award speech where she mentioned WFWF, it seemed as though she had (in a way) finalized what she wanted to say about her father and mother in that aspect. 

However, The Grants is followed up by what seems to be long breaths from Lana, almost as if she’s calming herself down. Then again, maybe it’s just supposed to mimic the wind and usher in the next track! I’m excited to see!

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath