Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

Just now, burthday kake said:

at some point im gonna have to put a daily limit of like 3 streams on fingytips, i just wasn't built for thispianistchenle-sad-dog-crying.gif

Omg right?!? I’m cleaning my house like Cinderella rn twirling around spritzing and polishing my floors to Fingertips I could do this all day 

pianistchenle-sad-dog-crying.gif

6 minutes ago, summer bummer said:

no cause what actually happened 😭😭 is this just due to leaks or something else

Haven’t listened to leaks… 

I’ll only speak for myself but A&W, as much as I love it, is very dark lyrically and in its production. When I listen to it a couple of times in a row, I have to take a break (especially with the end of winter seasonal depression :toofunny:). Venice Bitch was « easier » to listen to for me (I could easily put it on repeat for a whole hour or two). It will be easier to « digest » A&W with the rest of the album. 

It is unfortunate that Lana hasn’t had a streaming hit since NFR. Either QFTC did indeed do damage with the general public or she just hasn’t released something as consumable as the NFR songs.

3 minutes ago, anwdelrey said:

It is unfortunate that Lana hasn’t had a streaming hit since NFR. Either QFTC did indeed do damage with the general public or she just hasn’t released something as consumable as the NFR songs.

a&w literally broke her own record of highest streaming day on one song of hers :um3: and honestly i see more people from the fandom doing "funny" posts and reminding people about the qftc than the ones who don't listen to her in general

7 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

And also, @cinnamongirI made a great point that 

Hide contents

this album really isn't sexy at all, and it actually is a pretty weird word to describe an album about such heavy and personal topics and about her FAMILY. The only truly "sexy" song on the album seems to be Peppers and Taco Truck, and even those two are riddled with her personal struggles with fame. It's very INTIMATE. Not sexy

Spoiler

I’ll take intimate songs any time from her! Anyways, even all of her « sexy songs » always have this clever edge that I do love so so much. 

2 minutes ago, anwdelrey said:

there is no proper promo for any of these singles lmaoo

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

The GP doesn't remember QFTC :xgiggle:

Her songs have been going viral on TikTok which is the one place that actually sometimes brings up her problematic bits and clearly even they don't care.

A&W just isn't a song that's built for being a hit (however it's done very well) - it's 7 minutes and it's essentially two songs in one. In fact the bit that's popular on TikTok is from the Jimmy section

1 minute ago, anwdelrey said:

none of the NFR singles were really that successful DURING the NFR era though, most of them have blown up due to tiktok in the last few years, after QFTC. 

a&w got over 1 million streams for over 2 weeks, and easily performed the best out of any single shes released in the last 4 years upon release.

saying this is pretty reactionary due to it having 2 bad streaming days 3 weeks after it was released when absolutely nothing has been done to sustain its popularity. 

Just now, anwdelrey said:

Yeah but it had no staying power.

She hasnt even lifted a finger to promo this song, it doesnt even have an MV :willcut:

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

1 minute ago, anwdelrey said:

I genuinely don’t think anyone cares about QFTC. It’s simply that the music of the past 2 eras was less captivating to the GP. Dealer was a bit of a streaming/viral hit for her which makes sense considering it’s the most dynamic thing she put out during that era. 

Just now, anwdelrey said:

Yeah but it had no staying power.

It's a heavy seven minute long track where she sings about even heavier topics all over an angry acoustic guitar. 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

The album isn’t out yet :stareney2: And considering that the two singles had zero promo, they are doing pretty good. 
Blue Banisters might not be considered a « hit », but it got to 400 Million streams pretty fast (3rd fastest album from her to achieve this milestone) 

Mind y'all that Lana is 1 of 6 ONLY FEMALE ARTISTS who already surpassed 1 billion streams on Spotify in 2023 within only first 2months : Can u imagine there are Taylor Swift, Miley, Shakira, Rihanna, SZA & Lana is standing alongside with them?

Trust the process.

3 minutes ago, White Dress said:

I genuinely don’t think anyone cares about QFTC. 

literally, I don't remember when's the last time I saw QFCT mentioned outside of lanaboards :toofunny:

giphy.gif

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐨𝐞𝐭𝐫𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐜𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

11 minutes ago, Harry Nilsson said:

I would mainly blame Karol G, who is currently dominating the charts with her new album and there are also a lot of other female artists charting high now.

i very much doubt karol G and lana have the same audience :rip:

other people charting doesn’t take streams away either,  that’s not how streaming works

Just now, SalvaWHORE said:

Mind y'all that Lana is 1 of 6 ONLY FEMALE ARTISTS who surpassed 1 billion streams on Spotify in 2023: Can u imagine there are Taylor Swift, Miley, Shakira, Rihanna, SZA & Lana is standing alongside with them?

Trust the process.

Yes but she was also a streaming force during Blue Banisters and she debuted with 33k sales 😭 I know this era isn’t Blue Banisters, but there’s a disconnect between those who stream her old and new catalogue.

Anyways, still hopeful for a redeemable first week.