Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

Spoiler

ok but i love the margaret snippet i'm actually really excited for that song now. i'm still slightly worried but so far it's way better than i expected

1 hour ago, Not as cool as me said:

This thread definitely made me feel like.. ancient :icant:

I’m 27.. remember being 16 when BTD dropped and feel like this was prime time to hear that record.. and the albums have aged so well along with me..

I don’t think if I was 13 now I’d really enjoy Lanas stuff? Feels so heavy in an authentic way.. I enjoy it now because I feel like it’s so relatable lol 

I think I was just the right age when BYD came out and I definitely feel like every album after that has come just at the right time for me emotionally and mentally. That’s probably why I find it so hard to rank her albums and to say that an album is bad/not worth it etc. of course I have my favourites but on the whole each one is precious for me in different ways. 

I’m putting the next part behind a spoiler tag because I’m discussing death and may be triggering for some

Spoiler

I think the representation of death and the approach to life in Lana’s music is one of these aspects that I feel shows how I’ve grown alongside her. When I started listening to her back in 2012, I shared her feeling of simply wanting to die, cease to exist, kill myself (I am strictly speaking about lyrics and not her actual self, I don’t know how she felt then). Dark Paradise is probably my fav BTD song for that reason. The title track, Wait for Life, Summertime Sadness all hit me deep. The same feeling was continued with Ultraviolence but when it came out I was just finishing school and my life was about to change pretty dramatically so the depression hit even harder, thank UV, you got me there girl! And in the years I have developed a very understanding relationship with death. Coming to terms with mental illness, understanding the transitory nature of life, finding meaning in everyday things - all aspects explored in her more recent songs such as Hope, how to disappear, WFWF, beautiful. So that’s why I’m super excited about her talking about death from a new but still very personal perspective in the new album. It sounds like we will be on the same page once again. 

16 minutes ago, ivory almond said:

:tommy: 

Reveal hidden contents

full lyrics just dropped on that site yall...

what's the verdict real or fake

Spoiler

Definitely fake. In the snippet you can hear her say "that's how the light gets in" which is nowhere to be found in those lyrics

49 minutes ago, American Whore said:

same here. it's hard too, because what she's talking about in newer stuff, i don't think i've heard anyone else talk about in their music. idk. maybe i just don't have a broad enough spectrum for music (and i would say i do, typically) but it's just not... familiar for me within what i listen to.

Hide contents

and it makes me feel less alone with my problematic relationship with my own mom... 

Spoiler

Feel you, girl. WW made me

be finally able to speak about my mom in my therapy.

I’m way more excited for her lyrics where she talks about family and stuff, idk… now that I’m older I see how much I’ve been shaped by my family and how it’s important to think about my roots to understand my branches somehow

Spoiler

Ever since I listened to fingertips I’ve been thinking my deep thoughts in the melody of the song…it’s too good.

I can’t believe this survived the weekend without leaking tbh

even with the snippets and stuff, it’s still stuff only hardcore fans would ever know about.

At this point a leak would be at around the average time for her recent albums (around 2 weeks before) which is kinda crazy considering like 1000000 people have this full album :rip: 

How are the NFR girlies feeling about the album so far? I was lukewarm about the title track, I think it’s beautiful but pretty standard Lana. A&W I thought was incredible. I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if this album ended up in my top 3.

32 minutes ago, Mariners Apt said:
  Hide contents

ok but i love the margaret snippet i'm actually really excited for that song now. i'm still slightly worried but so far it's way better than i expected

Spoiler

now why would you make me look for it and get jumpscared twice by fakes :tommy:

10 minutes ago, Pretty When You Fart said:

How are the NFR girlies feeling about the album so far? I was lukewarm about the title track, I think it’s beautiful but pretty standard Lana. A&W I thought was incredible. I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if this album ended up in my top 3.

Spoiler

I dont think it will be my favorite album, but I think that it will be on my top 3! 

1 hour ago, American Whore said:

same here. it's hard too, because what she's talking about in newer stuff, i don't think i've heard anyone else talk about in their music. idk. maybe i just don't have a broad enough spectrum for music (and i would say i do, typically) but it's just not... familiar for me within what i listen to.

Hide contents

and it makes me feel less alone with my problematic relationship with my own mom... 

I feel for you girl I can’t relate though because mines dead lol but I feel for you and Lana :eek3:

AstonishingPoisedFruitfly-size_restrictetumblr_n4u8spzSeQ1trmnojo1_500.gifv

24 minutes ago, Pretty When You Fart said:

Spoiler

definitely will be in my top 3

sgopYhV.gif

25 minutes ago, Pretty When You Fart said:

Spoiler

4 or 5 depending on how much I like the album once I listen to it as a whole, right now I’m thinking it will be 5th

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

2 minutes ago, taco truck said:
  Hide contents

4 or 5 depending on how much I like the album once I listen to it as a whole, right now I’m thinking it will be 5th

Spoiler

I thought that you were like DYING for this album. You loved everything that we had until now, right?

26 minutes ago, Pretty When You Fart said:

I love A&W so much actually, it's my favorite song by her in long time, and I love the ones that leaked too, but I don't think I can love her new music as much as NFR unless she made another album in the line of NFR. Like, of course I love the new stuff more than BB, not sure if more than COCC, but I haven't felt super crazy about the music since NFR, like it's extremely good but not the same, idk. That's just to me.

Too early to tell for me. I need to hear the whole thing in order quite a few times and see how it makes me feel. Definitely seems like it'll take quite a few twists and turns, so... I'm excited to see where queen takes us.

43 minutes ago, littleredpartydress said:

I can’t believe this survived the weekend without leaking tbh

even with the snippets and stuff, it’s still stuff only hardcore fans would ever know about.

At this point a leak would be at around the average time for her recent albums (around 2 weeks before) which is kinda crazy considering like 1000000 people have this full album :rip: 

Also, funny how lots of stores were allegedly getting the vinyls last week, among other people getting theirs shipped early and all of a sudden, no leaks? At all? :sideeye:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

Just now, plastiscguy said:

Also, funny how lots of stores were allegedly getting the vinyls last week, among other people getting theirs shipped early and all of a sudden, no leaks? At all? :sideeye:

exactly what i’ve been thinking