Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

6 minutes ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

Or a close friend. I love the interview with Alessandro Michele from W Mag. I felt so personal and sweet, also she is so private I don’t think she would open up the same way to a random journalist unless it was maybe a talk show or something. I would love a Late Night talk show interview and performance 

idk i feel like the friend interviews never go deep enough into questions about her artistic process which is what i always want to know more about! i know she's very private and understandably careful with journalists, but there's gotta be some good who she respects and could get her to open up about her writing process, lyrics, etc.

i'd also love a late night performance, preferably something not pre-recorded (we know u can do it lana!) and really bombastic and different from any other she's done before...american whore??

aOaIzH2.gif

I'm very happy that the album we be available in Dolby atmos, but it BETTER be available in hi-res 24 bit digital as well. The fact that Honeymoon and NFR are only available in CD quality digitally is a war crime :crossed: the title track is only in cd quality right now so it's not a good sign :ohno:

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

lanas always been quite wary with interviews.. especially now after the annie mac situ. if she does do any interview, it'll probably be with her friend or someone she trusts again. i'd be grateful for any crumb of an interview though :true:

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

Nor my life or my economic situation is not really the best atm, but I'm about to order the vinyls with the standard cover and the one with the green vinyl (aka the only options here in Sweden, I wanted the HVM one, bcs the cover is sooooo pretty, obviously I  really likt it since I use it as my profile picture :karaoke:) becuse I feel like I sort of deserve it, as a treat, lol.:trisha: And  I'll probably regret if I don't get my hands on any of the limited vinyls sooo here I am pre-ordering before they sell out. :dance:

The era suddenyl feels so more REAL to me now that I'm about to buy Lana's vinyls "already". I got the vinyls for COCC as a gift & BB for xmas last year (I was #blessed for that!) so the last time I pre-ordered was NFR. I'm even more thrilled than before! :trisha::crai:

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

4 minutes ago, takemetothegasstation said:

Jack Antonoff did the best Lana interview ever imo. I love that Jack already knows Lana and the music so well that he doesn't get thrown off by the weird things Lana says. Would love to see them do it again.

I love Jack. I don't understand why most people hate him.

41 minutes ago, V3rmillionV3rnz said:

Honestly so hopeful for this album, I think it will have the same songwriting aesthetics of BB but more lush intricate production like NFR!, if it does itll easily be my #1

Same :crying5: Blue Banisters had the potential to be my favorite, but the messiness of it all prevented that. Ocean Blvd seems to be much better

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

3 minutes ago, salvatorelovesyou said:

I love Jack. I don't understand why most people hate him.

people hate him because they don't like how he produces lana's songs, but that's a huge topic of discourse and perhaps we shouldn't get into it :bebe: 

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

I know its already been posted a couple times but for reference incase anyone hasn't seen it yet,  Lanas album cover was very likely based on this:

40-EA9-A8-B-8-DC9-420-D-B55-B-A43-E28-C4-D251.jpg

I was curious what the film (originally a screenplay) is about incase it might have influenced the choice & heres two short summaries I came across:

"A small-town woman falls in love with a stranger sent to close down the local railway. Her manipulative mother schemes to drive the outsider away, intending her daughter to marry someone else, which sets in motion a fierce battle of wills between parent and child. Romantic drama, starring Robert Redford, Natalie Wood and Charles Bronson"

"In this film adaptation of a Tennessee Williams play, Alva (Natalie Wood) is a radiant Southern belle who clashes with her oppressive mother, Hazel (Kate Reid). Hazel is trying to force Alva to take an affluent husband, but the young woman has eyes for Owen Legate (Robert Redford), a handsome city slicker visiting their tiny Mississippi town. Hazel disapproves of Owen and forces him to stop seeing her daughter. In an act of revenge, Alva takes up with her mother's beau, J.J. (Charles Bronson)"

:coffee: ....:gasp::gasp::gasp:

Ofc it may purely be an aesthetical thing but with what we know about her relationship to Patty....HELPPPPP

42 minutes ago, V3rmillionV3rnz said:

Honestly so hopeful for this album, I think it will have the same songwriting aesthetics of BB but more lush intricate production like NFR!, if it does itll easily be my #1

I think it will be a combination of the last 3 eras, but much better.

1 minute ago, Surf Noir said:

people hate him because they don't like how he produces lana's songs, but that's a huge topic of discourse and perhaps we shouldn't get into it :bebe: 

not again :lange:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

2 minutes ago, burthday kake said:

I know its already been posted a couple times but for reference incase anyone hasn't seen it yet,  Lanas album cover was very likely based on this:

40-EA9-A8-B-8-DC9-420-D-B55-B-A43-E28-C4-D251.jpg

I was curious what the film (originally a screenplay) is about incase it might have influenced the choice & heres two short summaries I came across:

"A small-town woman falls in love with a stranger sent to close down the local railway. Her manipulative mother schemes to drive the outsider away, intending her daughter to marry someone else, which sets in motion a fierce battle of wills between parent and child. Romantic drama, starring Robert Redford, Natalie Wood and Charles Bronson"

"In this film adaptation of a Tennessee Williams play, Alva (Natalie Wood) is a radiant Southern belle who clashes with her oppressive mother, Hazel (Kate Reid). Hazel is trying to force Alva to take an affluent husband, but the young woman has eyes for Owen Legate (Robert Redford), a handsome city slicker visiting their tiny Mississippi town. Hazel disapproves of Owen and forces him to stop seeing her daughter. In an act of revenge, Alva takes up with her mother's beau, J.J. (Charles Bronson)"

:coffee: ....:gasp::gasp::gasp:

Ofc it may just be an aesthetical thing but with what we know about her relationship to Patty....HELPPPPP

rpdr-tatianna.gif

Just now, burthday kake said:

like im prob being delusional & reading too much into it but I also feel like Lana really is always super intentional w everything she does so maybe just maybe....:wink:

oh yeah she definitely did not "copy" the aesthetic of cover just because she thought it looked cute... I think I'm going to be listening to that soundtrack 

Just now, honeymoonwhore said:

oh yeah she definitely did not "copy" the aesthetic of cover just because she thought it looked cute... I think I'm going to be listening to that soundtrack 

I’d better give it a listen too!

and i’ll find time to watch the film sometime soon hopefully as well 🫢

22 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

it's the way he produces songs at all

But fun fact, the twitter guy who says he's one of the biggest Jack haters also said that Jack's production with Lana wasn't as bad as the ones he hates 

https://defector.com/the-internets-biggest-jack-antonoff-hater-explains-himself/

14 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

people need to quit talking about Jack. it’s embarrassing honestly, he’s an extremely talented producer. people act like the artists aren’t the ones going to work with him and describing the sound they want and liking how it sounds and then releasing it.

like please give it up :toofunny: your faves like what they hear.