Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

5 hours ago, HoneymoonDaddy said:

What's the background vocal/sound effect that comes in at 7:00 precisely on A&W? 

To me it sounds like Sam Dew, the 1/3 member and lead singer of Jack’s other musical project Red Hearse (so underrated btw)

Not the first time his vocals were present in another artist's song, case in point Taylor Swift's Glitch

And Jack produced A&W so it’s not out of the realm of possibility that he could've used a brief snippet of Sam’s voice for that part 

♡⋆*.⋆ ⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚

8 minutes ago, violentvioletsky said:

To me it sounds like Sam Dew, the 1/3 member and lead singer of Jack’s other musical project Red Hearse (so underrated btw)

Not the first time his vocals were present in another artist's song, case in point Taylor Swift's Glitch

And Jack produced A&W so it’s not out of the realm of possibility that he could've used a brief snippet of Sam’s voice for that part 

it's in fact Sam, he's credited in the song

2 hours ago, hayden del rey said:

for real… i’m tired of all the people on here acting so negative and tearing down all the hopes of music videos, announcements, release dates etc. people like that probably make lana not even want to release anything because it’s just aggravating.

it's not that they don't want it, they're just realistic (not delulu)

On 1/23/2023 at 12:13 PM, fishtails said:

Since there are 8 weeks to wait (9 if you count release week) this is the perfect time to start listening to one album every week until Ocean Blvd is out! :smile:

There's even room for AKA or Violet (or both if you group BTD and Paradise together lol)

To do all of them I'm thinking I might do this:

This week: AKA

Jan. 30th - Born to Die/Paradise

Feb. 6th - Ultraviolence 

Feb. 13th - Honeymoon

Feb. 20th - Lust for Life

Feb. 27th - Norman Fucking Rockwell 

March 6th - Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass

March 13th - Chemtrails Over the Country Club 

March 20th (release week) - Blue Banisters

Or I might skip Violet and give Paradise its own week idk

It's week 5 - Lust for Life week! :wink:

We're about halfway to release day!

29 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Monday morning here… What will this week bring us? Not expecting much, maybe just a cute Insta post. Or some sort of « countdown » for a new magazine cover. 

Now that we have an amazing bop, i'm not expecting anything anymore until the Billboard awards...

I want a MV so bad but I've sort of given up :magikarp:

27 minutes ago, Rico25 said:

Now that we have an amazing bop, i'm not expecting anything anymore until the Billboard awards...

I want a MV so bad but I've sort of given up :magikarp:

When is the Billboard Music Awards? Beginning of March?! I tried looking it up but couldn’t find a quick date… 

Yeah, I’m not expecting much this week but maybe some tiny tiny tidbit of something. 

Just now, GeminiLanaFan said:

When is the Billboard Music Awards? Beginning of March?! I tried looking it up but couldn’t find a quick date… 

Yeah, I’m not expecting much this week but maybe some tiny tiny tidbit of something. 

March 1st but it's actually Women in Music, not the BBMAs :magikarp:

Sure the cover will follow 

I don't think we'll get a music video for A&W sadly. I think our best bet for a visual will be for Ocean Blvd. But it's so strange that we haven't gotten anything yet. We're only a month away and aside from singles there hasn't really been a proper "campaign" for such a big era. They need to strike soon, come on Ben! :true:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

That "okay" says so much by itself. It gives the same energy as the "fuck it" in DBJAG. I feel about this song how alot of you feel about Venice bitch. Not that VB isnt good, it just never clicked for me in the "masterpiece" kinda way. To me she's just vibing out for 9 minutes, which is cool. But with A&W there's a STORY here. VB is background music vibes (Respectfully. Even lana herself said something like this before you drag me :deadbanana:) whereas A&W is something you have at the forefront. Idk if im making sense here

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

19 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

I don't think we'll get a music video for A&W sadly. I think our best bet for a visual will be for Ocean Blvd. But it's so strange that we haven't gotten anything yet. We're only a month away and aside from singles there hasn't really been a proper "campaign" for such a big era. They need to strike soon, come on Ben! :true:

I am probably delusional as usual, but I refuse to believe that we won’t get any kind of music video. If she chooses not to, then I will be fine with it, Lana does not owe us anything and should only do what she’s inspired to do. But she seems very happy with the album and she always has multiple videos for each album, it just feels so strange to me that she wouldn’t for Ocean Blvd. Also, I can just imagine the visual. I feel like we need them to, I want to understand her vision for the album.

Lana-del-rey-happy GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚖𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚒 𝚍𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚍𝚘 𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐, 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐

2 minutes ago, syrup amour said:

I am probably delusional as usual, but I refuse to believe that we won’t get any kind of music video. If she chooses not to, then I will be fine with it, Lana does not owe us anything and should only do what she’s inspired to do. But she seems very happy with the album and she always has multiple videos for each album, it just feels so strange to me that she wouldn’t for Ocean Blvd. Also, I can just imagine the visual. I feel like we need them to, I want to understand her vision for the album.

I’m not giving up hope completely for MV this era, but our theory, that she wanted homemade MV for this era and that pretty much everything got stolen this summer, seems to be more and more plausible, with each week passing without a MV. 

19 minutes ago, syrup amour said:

Also i don't believe that if a high budget music video was shot, that it was just sitting on her laptop that got stolen. If it were something official and high budget surely it would be in the hands of the actual music video directors/producers etc as well and not just herself. So maybe if we don't get any visuals it's because all that was really planned were homeade videos anyway, eh well :um2:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

20 hours ago, DCooper said:

Oh believe me, me too! I can't stand when people are like this is going to be her first true album since NFR!! Like what...Chemtrails and Blue Banisters are both essential albums, and I don't think Lana would be at a point to write a song like A&W without exploring what she did on the last two albums. Everything she does builds upon what comes before it. I don't doubt for a second that in the future all her albums will be regarded highly for their own unique contributions to her story.

DC and FT, I agree with everything you've said.

That's sociology too--I mentioned that about a year or so ago: as artists approach middle age, they and their work often mellow for a period, they write about their home, family, and children, and then suddenly they do a swift reversal and create something that is either truly 'relevant,' or at least something that is 'of the now' in their own minds.

COCC and BB are two of my favorite LDR albums, and, between them, hold 3 of my all-time top 5 LDR favorites. 

However, while we don't know what is to come on the balance of OB, and the title track was a somewhat sleepy ballad, maybe 'A&W' is the result of a reaction in Lana's mind against 'Beautiful,' 'VFR,' 'Not All Who Wander,' and the COCC and OB title tracks.

We know she's been experimenting with the mic approach to spontaneous or semi-spontaneous writing, and I think it's obvious that 'A&W' also reflects her poetry style. We've heard, via insiders, haven't we, that there will be more stream-of-consciousness tracks on OB? 

Just now, wild caged animal said:

a music video is a nice addition but who really cares about music videos these days?:whatever:

Even if music videos don’t generate the number of views they used to, they are important for setting the visual imagery linked to an album and helping to get the message across. For example the cocc music video really helped with that and without it probably the most common associations of the album would have been flannels and cottages. The music video brought forward the theme of longing for the balance between normality and unhinged freedom - a theme that continues to be expanded in BB and Ocean Blvd. 

1 hour ago, Harry Nilsson said:

For German fans, here's an interesting radio report from last night about Lana and A&W (from 0:57):

https://www.radioeins.de/programm/sendungen/sendungen/411/2302/230219_sister_moon_19844.html

I’m so tired of them still announcing her as “anti feminist” and then playing F*cked My Way to the Top before A&W. :eyeroll2: