Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

6 minutes ago, Blossom said:

idk ab u guys but I'm def a feminist and still listen to Lana's music...:hillary:

Lana’s feminism manifests itself in atypical ways. In her work you have to read between the lines. I’m what you would consider a “typical feminist” but Lana definitely is. A feminist is literally just a person who supports women getting the same rights as men. Speaking up about domestic abuse (Ultraviolence) is a bold choice and many could argue it’s romanticized but I doubt that was Lana’s intention. She makes music for her and gives no fucks about how others perceive it. A woman not seeking validation from the media and doing whatever she wants is feminism if you ask me. It’s just not “typical” feminism. 

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

3 minutes ago, mssainttropez said:

Lana’s feminism manifests itself in atypical ways. In her work you have to read between the lines. I’m what you would consider a “typical feminist” but Lana definitely is. A feminist is literally just a person who supports women getting the same rights as men. Speaking up about domestic abuse (Ultraviolence) is a bold choice and many could argue it’s romanticized but I doubt that was Lana’s intention. She makes music for her and gives no fucks about how others perceive it. A woman not seeking validation from the media and doing whatever she wants is feminism if you ask me. It’s just not “typical” feminism. 

exactly!!! I also think she felt extremely rejected by the feminist community due to their initial (ignorant) perception of her resulting in Lana's perplexing comments about feminism. Regardless, it is evident by the things u listed that she's a feminist.

33 minutes ago, Morissetteus said:

The moderator says, “the feminist are not fans of her anymore. Too many times, she said some things, which won’t fit the current feminist narratives. But she is an exciting person and still a megaphone for many women.” :pls:

sorry for the bad translation … 

but the moderator qualifies it by talking about "feminist narratives," implying that she doesn't necessarily agree

and she played FMWUTTT because Lana plays with female stereotypes here too like in A&W

to be honest I can hardly blame Lana for never wanting to straight up adopt the 'feminist' label  (despite clearly caring deeply for women & being aware of n regularly pondering on the patriarchy) after one of her first experiences with a self-proclaimed feminist was them throwing a book at her unprovoked lolol... that's one way to shoot yourself along w your cause right in the foot.

radical types like that will always drive others away & make it hard for people to want to associate with the "movement"/group or whatever you wanna call it

I think feminism can be way more complex and complicated than people allow it to be and some man at pitch4k or whatever trying to write a think piece on Lana's take on it can eat my gooch tbh.

8V7Yvel.png

5 minutes ago, Harry Nilsson said:

but the moderator qualifies it by talking about "feminist narratives," implying that she doesn't necessarily agree

and she played FMWUTTT because Lana plays with female stereotypes here too like in A&W

:kiss2: I totally see, what you mean.
Thanks for clearing it 

1 hour ago, sadness is a butterfly said:

This is gold :trisha:

What was the rest of the conversation and did you say it hasnt come out yet? :awkney:

i quickly gave another example and started talking about it at length :flop: (TLC Cagematch by MJ Lenderman, highly recommend btw). i didn't say it isn't released yet cause i didn't wanna expose myself being a weirdo :hype:he isn' t a huge fan so probably he didnt notice lmao

17 minutes ago, JudahSmithInterlude said:

i quickly gave another example and started talking about it at length :flop: (TLC Cagematch by MJ Lenderman, highly recommend btw). i didn't say it isn't released yet cause i didn't wanna expose myself being a weirdo :hype:he isn' t a huge fan so probably he didnt notice lmao

When he was actually listening to what you said and went home and Spotified the song and couldn’t find it. :um2::air:

I just checked out that other song, pretty good! 

topsters2-2-1.png

It's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me.

1 minute ago, That Venice Bitch said:

Google Image search. You will won’t regret it

Me after looking her up :wtfney:

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

1 hour ago, Morissetteus said:

The moderator says, “the feminist are not fans of her anymore. Too many times, she said some things, which won’t fit the current feminist narratives. But she is an exciting person and still a megaphone for many women.” :pls:

sorry for the bad translation … 

this 2012 ass take, also barely anyone really understood what she was actually trying to say with QFTC and this proves that

sry

i just have to laugh at Lana being held up as the poster child of anti-feminism as a 37 year old woman with no kids or husband, who is famous & makes herself million of dollars. like nauuuuur be fucking for real for 3 seconds & direct that energy towards the "andrew tate is right actually" tiktok b*tches

maybe these should be moved to rando discussion thread tho my bad