Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

3 minutes ago, dyktatuob said:

their production is quite simple but it's the lyrics that im fond of 

lyrics are kinda simple for lana's standard to i gues but regardless it is still such a lovely and enjoyable song, i remember sometimes putting it on in summer drinking wine to it

it's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me

Spoiler

I'll take mine of you with me...:hair:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

1 minute ago, Fingertips said:

It's a wonderful song, but it's a very tepid opening track. All of the songs above it truly set the stage for the album; I believe that Mariners Apartment Complex should have switched spots with Norman for more of a punch the rest of her opening tracks have

I love NFR and disagree with your critique, BUT, I do agree that switching it with MAC would be very interesting, and that it would work.

”are you ready for it?

….goddamn, man child”

woulda slayed 

Just now, Rocket0212 said:

The way we moved from one pandemic (Lana and politics) to another (track ranking). :sadcore4:

stop attacking everyone and their adhd

omnia vincit amor : LANA DEL REY behind the scenes with interview...

9 minutes ago, MrFameKills said:

1. HM

2. UV

3. BTD

4. DYKTTATUOB

5. BB

6. NFR

---------barrier----------

7. LFL

And i don't hate LFL, but it's just not comparable to the other girls

omg i forgot COCC which is one of my ultimate favs, maybe #3

OT: craving Sweet but i have to be strong

does anyone know the songs where she discusses the wild and free lyrics and how they matured thru the albums. my dumbass forgot the 3 songs and what the lyrics are.

26 minutes ago, Ultraviolencez said:
  Hide contents

why do people rank ride so low, its one of her best songs ever :bebe:

Spoiler

Legit a top 3 opener and perhaps top 3 Lana song as well. :wave:

7 minutes ago, American Bottom said:

Everyone getting uncomfortable with the political topic and wanting it to be moved to the random discussion thread...what if that I told you that was apart of her goal with this album? To get into the nitty gritty. Unpack the trauma. Discuss the uncomfortable topics instead of shying away from them. She's putting it all on the table. I mean, me and a few others (i think @DCooper was included) had a really insightful and imho meaningful discussion about religion when A&W dropped. Like think about... this 90% Gay ass forum, respectfully discussing things that we'd usually just immediately dismiss. Its all thanks to her, and I think it's about damn time :true: very excited to open the floodgates of discussion when the album drops

I agree 100%. These sociological and political matters are part-and-parcel of a lot of Lana's recent music. I think they should be allowed to continue under this topic as long as they remained tied to the current album, her music or lyrics in some manner. 

1 minute ago, ByDayAnother said:

I love NFR and disagree with your critique, BUT, I do agree that switching it with MAC would be very interesting, and that it would work.

”are you ready for it?

….goddamn, man child”

woulda slayed 

this would be really interesting but i guess nfr as the opener track really does it's job at transcending us into another dimension especially w that string arrangement in the intro of the track. it is just beautiful, transcendental and introduces the main themes of the album quite effectively, where as mariners works the track that keeps the journey going. also i can't imagine the nfr's string intro being the second track we hear in the album

it's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me

16 minutes ago, your dealer said:
Spoiler

Spoiler

For me I don't think it's nearly as dark as Ultraviolence. I think the two albums are yin and yang. Sonically there are few similarities. I find it to be closer to NFR/ Chemtrails/ Honeymoon. 

Tunnel is processing her past from the perspective of someone who has healed. I think to say "certainly doesn't suggest happiness or reflect someone who is currently living life to the full and enjoying themselves."  After Lana herself has stated that she's very happy many times is strange but that's just your perception and that's okay. 

I'm not sure what "There's not a lot of contrast within each of the songs, musically or lyrically, at least not in the manner we're used to from Lana and other contemporary artists. I hope the other tracks will offer more of a smorgasbord."  Especially after we've been told dozens of times that the album offers exactly that. The compositions of what we've heard so far (specifically released) are all completely different the only similarity being some of the instruments. Lyrically they are all structured differently as well. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

Let's agree to disagree. I've heard the 5 songs I mentioned, and I don't hear a substantial difference in sound, or more, the production, between the songs, the way I could on 'LFL,' for example, where each song was very distinct. On the OB tracks, her voice is mixed into the back, and it sounds as if someone had a pillow over the mic. And I don't depend on what insiders have said, but I take note. Especially since the LDR albums I love most are not those of most members here. I do hope for some variety on the album but I'm not counting on it. I do like 'The Grants' very much, and 'Sweet' too. 

And to me, she looks vague, dissipated and hungover in the album art, the way Bruce Springsteen did on the cover of 'Darkness on the Edge of Town' back in the day, like he was forever just getting up or going to sleep. To me, that does not suggest happiness, peace of mind, joy, self control, etc. 

8 minutes ago, m0th3rcr33p said:

this would be really interesting but i guess nfr as the opener track really does it's job at transcending us into another dimension especially w that string arrangement in the intro of the track. it is just beautiful, transcendental and introduces the main themes of the album quite effectively, where as mariners works the track that keeps the journey going. also i can't imagine the nfr's string intro being the second track we hear in the album

yes, as interesting as the last line from MAC going into NFR’s first line would have been great, ultimately the “Goddamn Manchild” serves the same function anyway - people had been listening to albums’ worth of her codependency (with some exceptions - HBTB, LFL deep-cuts), then she opens with that.

I also adore how NFR title track is  mixed - I love me some wall of noise reverb, but this for me was the first time her voice was mixed crystal clear with that acoustic piano, matching the above sentiment in sound as well as lyrical theme. There was no getting around it - this was Lana doing a 180, and we were gonna hear exactly what she had to say. -chef’s kiss-

4 hours ago, barttttender said:

4 hours ago, Sportscruiser said:

Pitchfork gave Best New Music to the Kali Uchis, Kelela and Caroline Polachek albums (as they should!) so if they don’t give it to Lana this time around, I’ll personally make sure their headquarters are set on fire filled with rabid stans reciting Violet from start to finish until the end of the year.

especially since Kali’s album is boring af and i really really love her, so if P4K tries to come for her because some of the album is slower  paced… beware 

Spoiler

The grants is probably my fav opener since honeymoon.

i love WD but the head voice didn’t hit at first even tho the lyrics did.

the grants starts beautifully (idk how y’all didn’t recognize the ladies who sing in like four of her songs)

her voice comes in clean and hopeful

the lyrics

the strings

I think this album is shaping up to to be top three for me I’m scareeeedddd to hear the rest

IM STRONGER THANgiphy.gifALL MY MEN...

Just now, ByDayAnother said:

yes, as interesting as the last line from MAC going into NFR’s first line would have been great, ultimately the “Goddamn Manchild” serves the same function anyway - people had been listening to albums’ worth of her codependency (with some exceptions - HBTB, LFL deep-cuts), then she opens with that.

I also adore how it’s mixed - I love me some wall of noise reverb, but this for me was the first time her voice was mixed crystal clear with that acoustic piano, matching the above sentiment in sound as well as lyrical theme. There was no getting around it - this was Lana doing a 180, and we were gonna hear exactly what she had to say. -chef’s kiss-

"catch a wave and take in the sweetness" is such a beautiful lyric

45 minutes ago, LanaBalkana said:

Let’s get back to the album. People who heard the grants could you please rank her openers, I’m super curious :pray2:

Don’t y’all even try to drag me for adoring NFR (title track), I won’t even acknowledge you.

Spoiler

Honeymoon (10/10)

NFR (10/10)

BTD (9.5/10)

Ride (9.5/10)

Cruel World (9/10)

The Grants (8.5/10)

White Dress (8.5/10)

Text Book (7/10)

Love (4/10)

IMG-1607.jpg

Just now, Sportscruiser said:

Hide contents

Honeymoon (10/10)

NFR (10/10)

BTD (9.5/10)

Ride (9.5/10)

Cruel World (9/10)

The Grants (8.5/10)

White Dress (8.5/10)

Text Book (7/10)

Love (4/10)

did you add the numbers just to show how low love would be goodbye

3 minutes ago, Sportscruiser said:

Don’t y’all even try to drag me for adoring NFR (title track), I won’t even acknowledge you.

Hide contents

Honeymoon (10/10)

NFR (10/10)

BTD (9.5/10)

Ride (9.5/10)

Cruel World (9/10)

The Grants (8.5/10)

White Dress (8.5/10)

Text Book (7/10)

Love (4/10)

I don’t think I’ve listened to Love since 2018 💀

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance