Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

Just now, The Stargirl Pinky said:

The way I tried listening to my Release Radar on Spotify but those songs were all trash relative to the gems that l34k3d this week. Fingertips, Sweet, and The Grants are entirely sustaining me right now :trisha:

Spoiler

I'm listening to these songs in order with Ocean Blvd and A&W in between and my god.....I see the vision of this album. :trisha:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

2 minutes ago, Fingertips said:
  Hide contents

I'm listening to these songs in order with Ocean Blvd and A&W in between and my god.....I see the vision of this album. :trisha:

Spoiler

And also the sonic cohesion! So far it’s way more congruent than I initially thought it would.

IMG-7960.jpg

2 minutes ago, Fingertips said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

I did that with the first four tracks last night on my good speakers, it was soooo good. :crai: 

topsters2-2-1.png

It's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me.

15 minutes ago, brooklyn bitch said:

Honestly I feel like this album is gonna really be for people who care to know who Lana the person is, and her past rather than the “sound”. She’s never been as blunt (yet still poetic), as she’s been with these singles. BB was kinda scratching the surface, but this album seems to be completely open.

Her interview with Billboard pretty much confirmed that for me. She's in her singer-songwriter era, and has been for a moment. I still think that she has it in her to make something interesting sonically as well and we'll get that on the album--but she said it herself, she's not in the mood for bombastic the b-word music.

2 minutes ago, Sweet said:

It’s interesting that mods are gonna ban people wanting leaks but they’re perfectly fine w people discussing the leaks on here with full blown lyrics? 

Just a thought for the culture. 

Well to clarify, no one is going to be banned for wanting leaks. Only WPs will be issued for individuals who make those posts. People who post direct links will be banned. 

Leaks are inevitable and spread very quickly, so it would be hard to moderate this thread when songs from the album leak because it's all anybody who listened to the leaks are going to be talking about. Any descriptions of the leaked songs are put in spoilers, so if you don't wish to engage with those posts, simply don't click on the spoiler. Elle set up this procedure on leaks from upcoming material, so if you have a problem with it, you're free to talk about it with her. :)

6 minutes ago, Sweet said:

It’s interesting that mods are gonna ban people wanting leaks but they’re perfectly fine w people discussing the leaks on here with full blown lyrics? 

Just a thought for the culture. 

If people directly share links via Lanaboards her label might take the forum down, which they don't when people share lyrics/opinions rather than actual files

Spoiler

Do you want children? Do you want to marry me? Do you want to run marathons in long beach by the sea?...If you want someone, then just call me up and remember where I'll be...sweet and barefeet. You can find me where no one will be....:trisha::trisha::trisha::trisha:

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

7 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

Awful. She's a doctrinaire Marxist. There's only one way to think about any particular subject, whether it's feminism, race, the environment, gender identity, etc., and if you don't conform, it's off to the Gulag with you, where you will never be heard from again. Who the **** is she to tell Lana or any other person what they must think, perceive, feel?

I am a free speech advocate. But that doesn't mean I am protected from negative responses to my free speech. I can get socked in the jaw for insulting someone, or someone can 'dress me down' by practicing their own free speech. As in all things you have to be self-responsible. 

I don’t know too much about Annie Mac, but the monolithic kind of feminism you mention here is exactly the kind of mob that has come for Lana time and time again. Kim Gordon of Sonic Youth suggesting that Lana kill herself is exactly the kind of abolitionist, moral exile that extreme thinkers — in any direction — do to people who don’t fit their agenda. And it’s also super black-and-white when pretty much every issue is nuanced. I can know what my values are without feeling the need to dictate the kind of political or theoretical framework people use to interpret their own experiences - but that’s something that both sides often struggle with. And it’s become worsened with the accessibility of discourses online where social regulation of dialogue is less controlled (in the sense of etiquette, not in the sense of free speech and ideas being out in the open) 

4 minutes ago, Sportscruiser said:

Hide contents

And also the sonic cohesion! So far it’s way more congruent than I initially thought it would.

Spoiler

Totally agreed! I think even the more chaotic songs later in the track list will really fit on the record.

1 minute ago, Fingertips said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Do you want children? Do you want to marry me? Do you want to run marathons in long beach by the sea?...If you want someone, then just call me up and remember where I'll be...sweet and barefeet. You can find me where no one will be....:trisha::trisha::trisha::trisha:

Bestie, there's something missing in the lyrics, I NEED TO KNOW WHAT SHE SAYS THERE!!!  I had hopes when I saw you were posting the sweet part I love the most, but the lyrics I want are still missing:paris:

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

Spoiler

and "if you wanna go where nobody goes, that's where you'll find me" in sweet reminds me so so much of over the rainbow :lange: the whole song has that judy, 40/50s torch song vibe somehow

and i might be delusional and deaf but that first piano chord sounds like the first chord of in my life by the beatles :bebe: i hear it and in my life automatially plays in my head

15 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

Awful. She's a doctrinaire Marxist. There's only one way to think about any particular subject, whether it's feminism, race, the environment, gender identity, etc., and if you don't conform, it's off to the Gulag with you, where you will never be heard from again. Who the **** is she to tell Lana or any other person what they must think, perceive, feel?

I am a free speech advocate. But that doesn't mean I am protected from negative responses to my free speech. I can get socked in the jaw for insulting someone, or someone can 'dress me down' by practicing their own free speech. As in all things you have to be self-responsible. 

lmao what?

Just now, your dealer said:

do we think she'll release one more single????????????? :smile3:

No, that would require work.

giphy.gif

Just now, your dealer said:

do we think she'll release one more single????????????? :smile3:

Let the Light In (feat. Father John Misty) :beyonce:

3 hours ago, 111 said:

i think ur brain damage made u smarter than most fans so you're good. i wish everyone had such nuance listening to music and discussing art... this was the same criticism that she was getting early on in her career with "glamorizing abuse" or making women look bad or whatever. now she is writing about different topics but her fans and haters are doing the same type of attacking because she is not pc enough or w/e, if i were to guess she'd be more upset about her fans misunderstanding her like this (as she complained about for a decade) than a small portion of her fanbase listening to some leaks but we don't see thinkpieces and essays discussing the morality and ethics of that do we

Oh my gosh I read the first line and thought you were saying I was brain damaged for saying that because I forgot I wrote it in the first place 😭 this is how bad it is hahah

but thank you so much <3 I 100% agree with you about the nuance thing, I think a lot of people just don’t exercise any (again not specifically meaning LB but just fans in general) and with work as thematically complex as Lana’s discography — and honestly in all art in general — you HAVE to have nuance. Honestly one of the things I love most about Lana is she doesn’t shy away from ‘non PC’ topics. If she was to start doing so I would be disappointed as a listener tbh. Uncomfortable/nuanced topics are what gives her work substance. 
also you’re so right about the ethics of listening to leaks.. I will unashamedly admit I listened to some but I think it’s very ironic when the same people who have also done so are now getting worked up about the ethics of saying certain things in songs. Stones and glass houses etc