Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

16 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:

The grammys. They always submit her to pop and trash like ed sheeran or eilish win. In alt she wouldĀ win easily

Ā 

I really wonder why they never submitted her stuff in either the rock or alternative categories, that's where she really belongs

You know, I think weā€™re really going to miss this prerelease era. Having the album to ourselves will be magical and eternal but Iā€™ll miss these moments of getting together with dozens of fans to celebrate a living legend. What a special era. Iā€™m so happy.

IMG-1607.jpg

20 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:

The grammys. They always submit her to pop and trash like ed sheeran or eilish win. In alt she wouldĀ win easily

grammy don't care about Billie anymore. the same is gonna happen with Olivia.

Ā 

4 minutes ago, West Coast said:

Ā 

I really wonder why they never submitted her stuff in either the rock or alternative categories, that's where she really belongs

Halsey album IICHL was submitted to alternative.

so idk why Lana couldn't be here as well. if excuse is that Lana is too mainstream to putting here...:flop:

4 minutes ago, Sportscruiser said:

You know, I think weā€™re really going to miss this prerelease era. Having the album to ourselves will be magical and eternal but Iā€™ll miss these moments of getting together with dozens of fans to celebrate a living legend. What a special era. Iā€™m so happy.

i don't think i'll miss it:smile3:

it's a mess, we've had better pre-release eras

5 minutes ago, Sportscruiser said:

I won't miss this pre-release. It made way too many great users stop posting on LB. Way too toxic.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I askedĀ Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating.Ā 

Ā 

1 minute ago, palemoonbaby said:

grammy don't care about Billie anymore. the same is gonna happen with Olivia.

Ā 

Halsey album IICHL was submitted to alternative.

so idk why Lana couldn't be here as well. if excuse is that Lana is too mainstream to putting here...:flop:

Ā 

Yeah, it's just that to me ''pop vocal'' is like a super vague, generic category and often times it's really just for mainstream-radio-friendly stuff, and while Lana is mainstream I don't think she's generic or radio-friendly in the slightest. So they are really wasting their time submitting her albums in that category.

11 minutes ago, West Coast said:

Ā 

Cuz they dont give a fuck about actually doing theirĀ job.. they will get her money no matter what

14 minutes ago, Pretty When You Fart said:

Iā€™m smelling a 9.2

Actually scratch that, I could totally see above a 9.4, definitely not a 10 though. IĀ feel like weā€™ll get a lot of ā€œbeautiful collage of all her previous workā€ type comments

18 minutes ago, West Coast said:

Ā 

the grammy's can and do overrule submissions. for all we know, lana has been submitting for alternative for years, but they always put her in pop regardless if they feel like thats where she belongs

image.png

14 minutes ago, tulsa jesus freaks said:

it's a mess, we've had better pre-release eras

every era been messy after honeymoon tbh i can't even remember what a non-messy era is like anymoreĀ :ma:

16 minutes ago, surfsup said:

Did smth happen..this thread is suddenly get positive

The new Rolling Stone UK has one of the best interviews she did in years.Ā 

Just now, kuntsugi said:

every era been messy after honeymoon tbh i can't even remember what a non-messy era is like anymoreĀ :ma:

This! (Sadly)Ā 

but as much as I thought LFL was a messy era, the more it was kinda the Ā« best Ā» of those messy eras. BB and COCC werenā€™t that bad but were kinda uneventful and radio silent. Norman has got to be the worst.Ā 

Lana actually has more chance of winning a Grammy in the Pop categories. Alternative voters have been notoriously misogynistic. In the 32 years history ofĀ Best Alternative Music Album category, only 1 female artist (SinĆ©ad Oā€™Connor)Ā won the award lol before 2015. Bjork, Fiona Apple, Tori Amos were all horrendously snubbed.Ā Recently, things have been changing due to criticisms. Still, Lana has more chance in the Pop categories.

Ā 

Side note: the same thing with Alt radio. Lorde was the first female artist in 17 years to top the Alt radioĀ chart back in 2013. Insanity. Breaking that curse.Ā https://www.billboard.com/pro/lorde-first-woman-in-17-years-to-top-alternative-songs-with-royals/
Ā 

and of course, LanaĀ did it with Doin Time in 2019.

Ā 

Pop voters/categoriesĀ have way more respect for female artists actually. Itā€™sĀ alwaysĀ been this way.