Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

But if she’s barely talking about the album… what else is she talking about :heidi: I can’t do another Annie Mac interview PLEASE

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

Just now, taco truck said:

But if she’s barely talking about the album… what else is she talking about :heidi: I can’t do another Annie Mac interview PLEASE

Me secretly wanting another controversial moment 🤭

1 minute ago, taco truck said:

But if she’s barely talking about the album… what else is she talking about :heidi: 

2 hours ago, kraljicabenzinske said:

Interviewer: tell us sumn about the album

lana: it’s cool xx🥰 but what’s more cool is my dad has an album coming out too, [essay about rob’s album]

interviewer: ur fave track off the album?

lana: the one i wrote going to taco bell with my friends 🤭, [essay about her celebrating her family and friend’s birthdays at restaurants]

interviewer: are you going on a tour

lana: 😉😉😉 all i know today i’m going fishing with rob haha! [essay about them hanging out]

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

30 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

It's the Recording Academy that ends up switching the categories around.

For example Kacey Musgraves tried submitting her last album and some songs to the country categories but only one made it and the other official submissions ended up on pop (and that's even before being considered for a nomination).

Nicki also tried to get Super Freaky Girl into rap but it was switched to pop (and it wasn't even nominated).

Halsey's last album was put into Alternative cause she worked with alternative and rock producers but it wasn't that different from her "pop" albums so it's all a mess in the

end :thumb2:

They would have to campaign hard for DYKTTATUOB if they want to convince them that Lana is not pop :eek:

they're idiots. that's all. who cares about amount of awards in 2023?

Lana’s music doesn’t fit neatly into either pop or alternative imo. It’s unfortunate though because yeah, NFR would’ve won Best Alternative I think.

It’s funny that Billie won honestly. Her album hasn’t stood the test of time in my opinion, and I think NFR will have more of a lasting legacy.

everytime they put lana on pop categories i feel like they done her dirty, i can see why someone would put lust for life or born to die but so far everything else does not fit there at all

2 hours ago, summer bummer said:

someone mentioned the Grammys earlier (and not that they matter at all - but it could be fun to speculate)

do we think she'll submit one of the collaborations as like a pop duo thing? she didn't with 'dealer' but I'm curious :wink:

I hate to say this but I fear that Taylor will submit their collab for best pop duo. I’m not sure if they have a chance at winning but if they do I’d be upset that it would be her first grammy.

giphy.gif

i'm sorry to bring this mess up again, but... the fake lyrics are back again? https://www.musixmatch.com/lyrics/Lana-Del-Rey/A-W

the code says "lastUpdated":"2023-02-10T15:57:40Z" meaning today

the cherry "bitch" has been removed

and someone translated it into spanish lol

giphy.gif

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐨𝐞𝐭𝐫𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐜𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

5 minutes ago, palemoonbaby said:

Happier Than Ever (song) was in pop categories as well when like where it is pop song?:wtf3:

True, but i suppose because the category is based on whats Popular and mainstream which it is 

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Just now, lanasbottom said:

pls i have some class, not much but some :oprah:

so... you sent them to Kintsugi? :ma:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

11 minutes ago, anwdelrey said:

Lana’s music doesn’t fit neatly into either pop or alternative imo. It’s unfortunate though because yeah, NFR would’ve won Best Alternative I think.

It’s funny that Billie won honestly. Her album hasn’t stood the test of time in my opinion, and I think NFR will have more of a lasting legacy.

I really think the Grammy’s crowned Billie to prove they were still « relevant », acknowledging young talent and not just « circle jerking » their own and established piers. 
but you’re absolutely right that NFR stood the test of time, especially when the pandemic happened (the greatest has so much more depth now, Hope’s fragility also). 
I’m curious where this new album will stand with the critics. 

16 minutes ago, palemoonbaby said:

Happier Than Ever (song) was in pop categories as well when like where it is pop song?:wtf3:

the difference is billie is a grammy darling and has connections so it doesn’t even matter what category she’s in. lana on the other hand isn’t paying money behind the scenes/closely affiliated to the academy, so if you put her up against people like billie, ariana, etc there’s almost no chance of her winning 

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

10 minutes ago, kraljicabenzinske said:

i'm sorry to bring this mess up again, but... the fake lyrics are back again? https://www.musixmatch.com/lyrics/Lana-Del-Rey/A-W

the code says "lastUpdated":"2023-02-10T15:57:40Z" meaning today

the cherry "bitch" has been removed

and someone translated it into spanish lol

Did I read too fast but is there no mention of Jimmy Jimmy CoCo Puff in those lyrics? :stareney2: