Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

we thought she was only sampling herself on the closing track but it seems like it might be something consistent throughout the album? I'm living for this tbh like yes bitch your music is that good, sample it :nails:

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

21 minutes ago, burthday kake said:

'teenage diary of a girl' -> a&w lyric -> maybe about the film which is actually titled 'the diary of a teenage girl'  (shes just like me for getting it wrong)

omg synopsis on that film is kinda interesting :tommy:

"Like most teenage girls, Minnie Goetze (Bel Powley) is longing for love, acceptance and a sense of purpose in the world. Minnie begins a complex love affair with her mother's (Kristen Wiig) boyfriend, "the handsomest man in the world," Monroe Rutherford (Alexander Skarsgård). What follows is a sharp, funny and provocative account of one girl's sexual and artistic awakening, without judgment.

Set in 1976 San Francisco, THE DIARY OF A TEENAGE GIRL begins at the crossroads of the fading hippie movement and the dawn of punk rock. News commentary of the Patty Hearst trial echoes in the background, as Minnie's young expressive eyes soak in a drug-laden city in transition- where teenage rebellion and adult responsibility clash in characters lost and longing. Minnie's hard-partying mother and absent father have left her rudderless. She first finds solace in Monroe's seductive smile, and then on the backstreets of the city by the bay****. Animation serves a refuge from the confusing and unstable world around her. Minnie emerges defiant- taking command of her sexuality and drawing on her newfound creative talents to reveal truths in the kind of intimate and vivid detail that can only be found in the pages of a teenage girl's diary."

Spoiler

has movie stars, liquor stores & soft decay***:xgiggle:sorry i just had to

1 minute ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

we thought she was only sampling herself on the closing track but it seems like it might be something consistent throughout the album? I'm living for this tbh like yes bitch your music is that good, sample it :nails:

She saw the Chemtrails/BB scores and said “y'all want NFR 2.0? alright!”

8V7Yvel.png

1 minute ago, americangothic said:

It is confirmed to be a sample, or are we assuming it is since it sounds similar?

I'm not sure if anyone confirmed it, but I'm believing it :oopna:

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

1 minute ago, TropicoHeart said:

WHERE have I heard the melody in the intro I KNOWWW I’ve heard it somewhere before 

like a classic rock song right? :ma: 

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

loving the guitar along with the piano btw :trisha: 

and of course the BEATS :trisha: it reminds me of paradise sm 

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆