Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

Just now, Fingertips said:

I'm at that point where if I see that a Lana track is less than four minutes, I already know that I won't enjoy it as much in comparison to longer, more fleshed out tracks. She needs to give room to let her creativity unfold. Her longest tracks are without a doubt her best work to date.

So sorry to Sweet and Paris, Texas, I'm sure you'll be cute girls!!

Same :bebe: I'm sad that Grandfather is one of the shortest tracks cause I'm sure it's going to be amazing (even though 4 minutes is long, just not for Lana :thumb2:

giphy.gif

I feel that Jack and Lana found their chemistry again. With Drew being included and his luscious strings, I loved his work on BB, I think we’re REALLY in for a treat with this album. 

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, Venice Peach said:

Same :bebe: I'm sad that Grandfather is one of the shortest tracks cause I'm sure it's going to be amazing (even though 4 minutes is long, just not for Lana :thumb2:

Grandfather is the exception because both insiders said it does not feel short at all, and it is exactly 4 minutes :ma:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

1 minute ago, Fingertips said:

I'm at that point where if I see that a Lana track is less than four minutes, I already know that I won't enjoy it as much in comparison to longer, more fleshed out tracks. She needs to give room to let her creativity unfold. Her longest tracks are without a doubt her best work to date.

So sorry to Sweet and Paris, Texas, I'm sure you'll be cute girls!!

I'm convinced Paris, Texas is going to be a career highlight:trisha: It's pretty high up on BOZ list but we really don't know much about it. The sample used in it sounds like a really haunting music box, I really feel like it's gonna be Yayo, Fine China- esque sad girl slay

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

27 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

Thank you.

If that's accurate, it's ironic for me, as it's my least-favorite of all her works, the one I consider the least Lana-like, and I consider some tracks--like HIAB--to be subpar and below her. As I see it, there are 5 good or great tracks and the rest is mediocre and unchallenging at best.

I consider both COCC and BB to be vastly better and truer in spirit to the Lana I recognize. 

Your mind is astonishingly ahead of its time. One day people will realize that Lana best Achieves World building with a challenge in mind. Whether it be a producer who isn’t a yes man, fans ridiculing the production choices, hell, even spiting critics helped us gain her most arguably prophetic works, UV and Honeymoon. Tunnel feels of the same artistic vein as these two. Norman felt like a warm palatable record for those unfamiliar with the storm..Chemtrails and Banisters were quite relaxed but like dipping a toe back into the water of her early career. Where we are now- almost feels like a meta  hyper-awareness. Well achieved. Patiently anticipated. It’s finally ours. Lana fans can finally come TOGETHER for a piece of work. This is truly an era unlike any other :oprah:

IM A PRINCESS. IM DIVISIVE :oprah4:

2 minutes ago, LanaBalkana said:

Which songs of the album have beats? I’m actually quite pleasantly surprised by A&W’s beats all the way throughout. Miles better than LFL. 

Probably Fishtail and Peppers. I think the other tracks are going to be more on the orchestral side (like the title track)

Edited by Venice Peach
And Taco Truck x VB ofc

giphy.gif

the second part really is just as dark as the first one if not darker, but i can easily see how GA will perceive it only as something boppy, and in that sense it's the first time in a while we're having something like it as a single, even though every album had those songs- TJF on COCC, dealer on BB. there was FIILY ofc but for some reason the only comparison with AW i can think of is HBTB... it really does make sense eclipse mentioned it :oprah:

5 minutes ago, LanaBalkana said:

Which songs of the album have beats? I’m actually quite pleasantly surprised by A&W’s beats all the way throughout. Miles better than LFL. 

Peppers, Fishtail, Taco Truck. also Pastor interlude is gonna be unhinged. i think.

50 minutes ago, fishtails said:

I think its so interesting that she included both parts of this song and my experience after listening to it was, as many other did, was only remember the Jimmy part and not really being able to tell what she's saying in the AW part and I think this was intentional...

When it comes to women sharing their negative experiences in relationships/social settings it has often been ignored or overlooked, possibly not even understood (love what you said @DCooper about women experiencing this since the 1950s and the "shimmy shimmy ko ko bop" referencing this)

But we are also being distracted by the Jimmy part, much like society has overlooked the true experiences of women for a happier, more upbeat picture, and it is only when we take a closer look (and listen) to the AW part that really see what she is saying...truly an amazing song that I hope everyone who listens to will take a deeper look at :oprah:

Love this!

Still think Kintsugi and Fingertips will be the most polarizing tracks on the record, but the songs that I love the most. It's been a pattern with me over the past few records, starting with Norman. 

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

39 minutes ago, ijustwantedtorevivetheforum said:

personally i'm waiting for these two to react S8_T3sAMVXxMsHGiEdb6Iv33cbv5qD7Kc5t1S4tvsE2fRRV7Hg4tHMLzYk31ka6hjYzSRYDqTQ=s88-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj

i don’t like those girls for some reason :wtf: they just annoy me

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

For some reason, I just know Lana will manage to find a way to top A&W on this album, which seems impossible since A&W is perfect :oprah: March 24 hurry up!!!

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

Jon Denton's reaction is up!

5 minutes ago, themiddleofhollyweird said:

can someone pls post the BoZ list- where he says his top tracks and the ones he dislikes. thanks xxx

just doing this off of memory because I'm too lazy to look it up, but I believe his top five looked something like this:

Grandfather, please stand on the shoulders of my father while he deep sea fishes

A&W

Let the Light In

The Grants

Fingertips

Kintsugi and Margaret are his bottom two in that order.