Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

The third verse of this song is an undeniable career highlight. Just like the second verse of Ocean Blvd. WOW.

There's a girl who sings "Hotel California"
Not because she loves the notes or sounds that sound like Florida
It's because she's in a world, preserved, only a few have found the door
It's like Camarillo, only silver mirrors, running down the corridor

I mean, look at my hair, look at the length of it there and the shape of my body
If I told you that I was raped, do you really think that anybody would think I didn’t ask for it, didn’t ask for it?
Didn’t testify, already fucked up my story
Top of this (Mm)
So many other things you can’t believe
Did you know a singer can still be lookin’ like a side piece at thirty-three?
God’s a charlatan, don’t look back, babe
Puts the shower on while he calls me
Sneaks out the back door to talk to me
I’m invisible, look how you hold me
I’m invisible, I’m invisible
I’m a ghost now, look how you hold me now

UNREAL!

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Still can’t get over A&W, literally everything about it is amazing. The “American Whore” section is growing a ton on me and not to pick favorites but I think I might prefer it to the “Jimmy” section? Idk either way it’s a masterpiece of a song.

also she’s like 3/3 for second singles (Venice Bitch, Chemtrails, A&W) (idk what the second single would be for Blue Banisters bc we got 3 at 1 time)

Anyone who only likes one half IS WRONG:kiss: The fact that it's two completely different halves but flows so seamlessly and seems to be telling a story as @DCooper was saying is what makes this song so monumental, and I could very well see this becoming a trend in pop music

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

5 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

The third verse of this song is an undeniable career highlight. Just like the second verse of Ocean Blvd. WOW.

There's a girl who sings "Hotel California"
Not because she loves the notes or sounds that sound like Florida
It's because she's in a world, preserved, only a few have found the door
It's like Camarillo, only silver mirrors, running down the corridor

I mean, look at my hair, look at the length of it there and the shape of my body
If I told you that I was raped, do you really think that anybody would think I didn’t ask for it, didn’t ask for it?
Top of this (Mm)

UNREAL!

The third verse might be my favorite part. “I’m a ghost now” just HITS

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over

I love the Jimmy beats but the altered vocals are the highlight of that part for me.

I hope we get some more moments like that on the album (when it makes sense of course, I wouldn't want pitched vocals on Fingertips for example :thumb3:). 

giphy.gif

8 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

Top of this (Mm)

UNREAL!

These lyrics are so completely brutal and it's amazing that it's the last verse she sings before the creepy reverse glitching begins and she throws us into the trap nightmare with Jimmy :lange:

i can see a&w having one of lowest track play counts on the album for me, despite the fact i do like it :crying4:  its just so heavy, i listen to it 3,4 times & i'm good for a long while. it's always been the same case with cult leader for me .. 

& speaking of cult leader, did it come into anyone else's mind upon hearing a&w for the first time/ first few times? Both songs have a similar unsettling nature to me i guess

God this era just feels so different... Ocean Blvd and A&W are just proving to me that the diaristic songwriting can work if she has good melodies and production:trisha: BB literally just had terrible melodies and production sorry not sorry, also the lyrics are a million times more interesting lol. The lyrics in blue Banisters just felt like her talking about her day and wanting to say something but not really going there. These lyrics feel like we are getting to hear into her mind which is just much better than "jenny jumped into the pool, she was swimming with nikki lane". Also her actually seeming excited about this record and promoting it really does make the overall era more exciting:eek:

1 minute ago, burthday kake said:

i can see a&w having one of lowest track play counts on the album for me, despite the fact i do like it :crying4:  its just so heavy, i listen to it 3,4 times & i'm good for a long while.

it's always been the same thing with cult leader for me .. 

& speaking of cult leader, did it come into anyone else's mind upon hearing a&w for the first time/ first few times?? 

yes but mostly because the lyrics of a&w made me wonder if she actually said "raped" in cult leader:crai:

I'm at that point where if I see that a Lana track is less than four minutes, I already know that I won't enjoy it as much in comparison to longer, more fleshed out tracks. She needs to give room to let her creativity unfold. Her longest tracks are without a doubt her best work to date.

So sorry to Sweet and Paris, Texas, I'm sure you'll be cute girls!!

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating.