Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

In my opinion, having no music videos would add another cool dimension to this era. Truly like the album is her diary and the lyrics speak for themselves.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

3 minutes ago, littleredpartydress said:

I doubt it but is it just me that like…doesn’t care if we don’t get any? 

music videos are kind of a dead format. it’s not worth the expense probably to do big production videos like COCC with how low YT views are for videos anymore. 

If she wants to film something cute that costs 0 dollars with her family or something, cool, but if not I’m not going to be mad. 

This is honestly sad. I miss her old high budget music videos. But I feel like she will give us music videos, I mean she always has and she seems extra excited and happy with ocean Blvd, especially compared to bb and chemtrails

Lana-del-rey-happy GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚖𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚒 𝚍𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚍𝚘 𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐, 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐

I CAN[T WAIT. A&W is so unique and dainty and depressing and uplifting (the various parts and all their different moods) and I can't really say I've heard that sound done before in the same way, sort of like how I've felt with countless other Lana songs which paved the way for modern singers today. I also love that she hasn't cared for a long time now about things like socials or critics so I hope she truly went off in whichever creative way she wanted. I know all the songs are finished so I'm especially thrilled that there won't be (knock on wood... :creep:) a million delays 

48758345.png

Also, no??? It will forever be about A&W to me before each listen :smh:🔥

The more I listen to A&W, the more unsettling and dark it gets imo. 

I've been trying to get into William Faulkner and Lana's "new" writing style reminds me of him a lot - this American gothic thing, complex structures, stream of consciousness - it makes me uncomfortable but I can't stop listening/reading/trying to understand them :bebe::bebe::bebe: Lana is out there writing literary fiction, it's going to get harder and harder for the alleged insiders to come up with fake lyrics :true:

I’m not gonna lie and say I don’t want a music video, even a homemade/laptop video, but at the same time it’s not super high on my list. The Interview magazine video honestly satisfies that want. 

plus we know she lost the footage she was planning on using so I don’t blame her for lack of visuals

"Don’t forget me"

41 minutes ago, ultrabanisters said:

now who the hell edited her genius page to say a&w was about her being a sex addict y'all are sick :bebe:

the analyses are always so bad, i have to go back in there and edit it myself to make a little more sense sometimes. 

😋🫶🏼

3 minutes ago, honeymoonwhore said:

I've been trying to get into William Faulkner and Lana's "new" writing style reminds me of him a lot - this of American gothic thing, complex structures, stream of consciousness - it makes me uncomfortable but I can't stop listening/reading/trying to understand them :bebe::bebe::bebe: Lana is out there writing literary fiction, it's going to get harder and harder for the alleged insiders to come up with fake lyrics :true:

As a literature grad student, I approve this message. A&W is her The Sound and the Fury. :wowcry:

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

I’m thinking that if there’s another single it could be peppers. It would get traction on streaming which her management would be happy about and she would promote Tommy’s works as they seem to really like each other

5 hours ago, Fingertips said:

!!!!!! Love this post so much. I feel like Lana is very modest when it comes her music, but very confident when it comes to her poetry. If this is "just vibing" for her, that is just insane to me.

You know I got you! Love reading everything you write tbh :wub:

The more I listen to A&W the more cemented is the idea that this will be another big moment for her. A big, brash, sprawling record dealing with love, body image, death, family, sex (addiction), harsh treatment by the media, etc… The critics and fans will both eat it up. She’s clearly very passionate about this one in a way she hasn’t been since NFR only this time she’s going full on therapy session (or quoting her… “effortless straight vibing”.

I’m also less worried about cohesion as I once was. I think I can already assume some of the sonic connections between songs:

- A&W + Peppers + Fishtails

- Kintsugi + Grandfather + Fingertips

Not to mention The Grants won’t probably be that drastically different from the title track, Sweet or Paris, Texas… And then there’s Taco Truck x VB at the end tying it all together.

I know I’m over my head but oh…

This is the experience of being a LDR whore.

IMG-1607.jpg

A&W and the title track tie into each other so well lyrically. I'm really feeling out a set story/thematic journey for this album just based on these two tracks (as well as some of what Lana talked about in the Interview interview) 

imageproxy.jpg

8 minutes ago, honeymoonwhore said:

I've been trying to get into William Faulkner and Lana's "new" writing style reminds me of him a lot - this of American gothic thing, complex structures, stream of consciousness - it makes me uncomfortable but I can't stop listening/reading/trying to understand them :bebe::bebe::bebe: Lana is out there writing literary fiction, it's going to get harder and harder for the alleged insiders to come up with fake lyrics :true:

People try to come up with fake lyrics and it always reads like Halsey songs :awkney: 

IMG-1607.jpg

37 minutes ago, littleredpartydress said:

I doubt it but is it just me that like…doesn’t care if we don’t get any? 

music videos are kind of a dead format. it’s not worth the expense probably to do big production videos like COCC with how low YT views are for videos anymore. 

If she wants to film something cute that costs 0 dollars with her family or something, cool, but if not I’m not going to be mad. 

I want a low budget music video, like Lizzy Grant. Just raw, homemade, and personal and as a bonus, it’s not too expensive. 

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

I know my fellow homosexuals are loving and feeling their oats because Lana is claiming her whore status. We love that but can we talk about the personal lyrics, critique on the rape culture? She is being so direct and is holding nothing back. I love that! 

I've always thought whether Lana was ever interested or not in feminism (we know she is a feminist) her music, her art has always had this STRONG feminist core i.e. A WOMAN DOING WHATEVER THE FUCK SHE WANTS. Like Sweet Caroline? Like beautiful a song about postnatal depression that MANY women go through but it's not talked about??? Who even does that?? She never needed a label because she embodies feminism. Always has.  A&W is so direct and she is leaving nothing to the imagination. I love how the chorus before the switch up happens there's an adlib that goes like "oh, okay" right after she says "American Whore" as if she's looking herself in the mirror and is being like "it's time to be a bad bitch". All the other times, it feels like a sad satire but eventually she found power in it and claims it. Then it turns into this psychedelic trap song LIKE DAMN, Mother is mothering yet again. 

She maybe soft but she is powerful! I meannn she's around after all these years! 

8Qg234E.gif

26 minutes ago, Sportscruiser said:

You know I got you! Love reading everything you write tbh :wub:

The more I listen to A&W the more cemented is the idea that this will be another big moment for her. A big, brash, sprawling record dealing with love, body image, death, family, sex (addiction), harsh treatment by the media, etc… The critics and fans will both eat it up. She’s clearly very passionate about this one in a way she hasn’t been since NFR only this time she’s going full on therapy session (or quoting her… “effortless straight vibing”.

I’m also less worried about cohesion as I once was. I think I can already assume some of the sonic connections between songs:

- A&W + Peppers + Fishtails

- Kintsugi + Grandfather + Fingertips

Not to mention The Grants won’t probably be that drastically different from the title track, Sweet or Paris, Texas… And then there’s Taco Truck x VB at the end tying it all together.

I know I’m over my head but oh…

This is the experience of being a LDR whore.

Kintsugi, Grandfather, Fingertips...I've never been more excited for Lana songs than those three. :trisha:

In terms of cohesion, I don't think this album will be very cohesive in terms of sound, but in terms of the spiritual motifs and of consciousness songwriting, it absolutely will be a cohesive body  of work!