Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

36 minutes ago, PARADIXO said:

Um that word is super offensive in South America, no need to call a woman that...

hi! latin american here. the word, though it's used in an offensive way by some, it's a literal translation to "bitch", which is a word that is used frequently on social media. we don't take that word as offensive as long as it's used in a joke, just like this other person did with shakira. not offensive at all if it's used in this way 

Wait so is it worth it to listen to A&W in Dolby Atmos on AM. When I had it turned I couldn't hear the piano in the second verse on the title track :rip:so I turned it off again

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Elizabeth Woolridge Grant AKA GOD

composed of THE TRINITY: may Jailer, Lizzy Grant and Lana Del Rey

Her Old Testament (Sirens - Honeymoon) and her New Testament ( LFL- infinity)

Praise Be! God Bless!

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

40 minutes ago, living legend said:

LETS PLAY A GAME WHILE WE WAIT FOR OUR NEXT SERVE.

Rank the rest of the tracks off the record in order of how excited you are to hear them for the first time. I'll start!

1. Candy Necklace

2. Kintsugi

3. Let The Light In

4. Fingertips

5. The Grants 

6. Taco Truck

7. Margaret

8. Grandfather 

9. Sweet

10. Peppers 

11. Fishtail 

12. Paris, Texas

13. Jon Batiste Interlude 

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

1 minute ago, plastiscguy said:

1. Candy Necklace

2. Kintsugi

3. Let The Light In

4. Fingertips

5. The Grants 

6. Taco Truck

7. Margaret

8. Grandfather 

9. Sweet

10. Peppers 

11. Fishtail 

12. Paris, Texas

13. Jon Batiste Interlude 

i love the way judah smith interlude isn't on the list at all because same :thumb3:

2 hours ago, DCooper said:

It's funny that everyone talks about how fun and boppy the second part is but I also find it very dark and unsettling. Like that party with Jimmy is not good vibes, even though the beat makes us think otherwise. It's like some trippy drugged up loop that we're stuck in where she just repeats the same toxic things about Jimmy over and over, and I think by repeating the lyrics from a song from the 1950s she's also making a statement that people have been living similar experiences to her for a very long time. It's obviously a vibe but there's a lot of darkness beneath the surface in that part too.

Exactly. Not to get too personal but as someone who’s experienced addiction & abusive relationships that second part of the song strikes me as exactly this. It’s haunting and nostalgic to me. When you’re in those situations you’re experiencing what feels like the worst moments of your life (they are) while simultaneously feeling like you’re experiencing some of the best and most intimate moments of your life (that part is all an illusion) 

this 7 minute track absolutely needed to be together this way imo. They both wouldnt hit the right way without the other. 

13 hours ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

A&W with headphones..:lange: 

literally. I can’t listen to Lana without headphones because I feel like you miss half of what’s there (and it feels like such a personal experience)

9 minutes ago, Blossom said:

probably not until like next week bc A&W wont be promoted by spotify in their "new releases" until Friday 

But it’s doing as well as Tunnel and Tunnel entered it the following day. Anyways fingers crossed 🤞🏼

23 minutes ago, Ocean Boulevard said:

Wait so is it worth it to listen to A&W in Dolby Atmos on AM. When I had it turned I couldn't hear the piano in the second verse on the title track :rip:so I turned it off again

I feel like you can better hear the instrumental details in A&W with Dolby Atmos enabled but her vocals are a bit more lost in the mix. Definitely worth listening to it at least once with Dolby Atmos enabled.

I didn't think Lana would top the melody of Cocc title track but A&W really does it tenfold 

"I say i live in Rosemead, really I live at Ramada. It doesn't really matter, doesn't really really matter" just sends me straight to the moon every time :gurl:

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend: