Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

22 hours ago, plastiscguy said:

Okay... Really glad for A&W but it's been a week with zero promo, no Ocean Blvd post, no news, nada...Β 

Is something going to happen or are they letting the music speak for itself yet again for like the third time in a row?

tenor.gif?itemid=27596829

It's the way they didn't even announce that the single was on its way, except for that one "πŸ‘" an hour before... talk about a big campaign.Β :oopna:

Just now, West Coast said:

It's the way they didn't even announce that single was on its way, except for that one "πŸ‘" an hour before... talk about a big campaign.Β :oopna:

The big campaign being Ben taking lessons on how to be cryptic by using emojis :bebe:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2:Β 

Mother is mothering, but she sure ain't promoting.

Β 

TrOwwE4.gif

Billboard interview: "Fingertips and Kintsugi are wordy. Album out 24th."

Β 

Silence until the 24th

Β 

Album campaign ends

LDR10 title: March 25thΒ 

Β 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I askedΒ Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating.Β 

Β 

4 minutes ago, honeymoon is alive said:

the way this song could be even bigger if it had the right promotionΒ :bebe:

I think the production is alright, I like the contrast between the light/airy, yet intricate, instrumentation of the first part, and the heavy beats of the second part. But I do wish that Jack would let go of his generic ass drum kit to create nicer, less tinny, beats.

7 minutes ago, plastiscguy said:

Okay... Really glad for A&W but it's been a week with zero promo, no Ocean Blvd post, no news, nada...Β 

Is something going to happen or are they letting the music speak for itself yet again for like the third time in a row?

Β 

Tbh I like their approach right now,Β like what is she supposed to be saying about the release anyways this week? A&W should speak for itself, I think it's smartΒ after dropping a song like thisΒ to stand back and watch it work its magic. For me she's building the best kind of hypeΒ :true:Β We also have strong reason to believe that we have at least one if not two more magazines coming, and I personally don't want any more music except for at mostΒ one more single a week before the album.

Β 

Spoiler

Β 

12 minutes ago, West Coast said:

talk about a big campaign.

In the past, when has she usually started her album "campaigns"?Β Wasn't it only like 30 days before Norman? (that could be so wrong btw)

Just now, DCooper said:

Β 

Tbh I like their approach right now,Β like what is she supposed to be saying about the release anyways this week? A&W should speak for itself, I think it's smartΒ after dropping a song like thisΒ to stand back and watch it work its magic. For me she's building the best kind of hypeΒ :true:Β We also have strong reason to believe that we have at least one if not two more magazines coming, and I personally don't want any more music except for at mostΒ one more single a week before the album.

Β 

Β  Hide contents

Β 

Β 

I don't expect much from Lana herself, we know she doesn't seem like the kind of person who likes to go big on promotion, but... What is the point of the Ocean Blvd account, then? For her managers to promote the album? If so, then why are they not doing that?

Β 

Spoiler

If I expected something from Lana, I would love if she did commentary on the songs or the album process, like she did with UV but I know it might be impossible since this album seems to be very personal and I doubt Lana would like to... talk about itΒ 

Β 

I also don't understand why they were so mad about the release date leaking... Surely they did not expect the song to do better if it were an actual surprise drop?Β 

Β 

If anything, the song did so well not only because it is amazing but because the fans were doing a lot to hype the release :bebe:

5 minutes ago, plastiscguy said:

I also don't understand why they were so mad about the release date leaking... Surely they did not expect the song to do better if it were an actual surprise drop?Β 

Β 

If anything, the song did so well not only because it is amazing but because the fans were doing a lot to hype the release :bebe:

Their egos are really out of control if they were seriously mad about us finding out the release date

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I askedΒ Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating.Β 

Β 

It's probably unlikely but I wouldn't be completely shocked if the oceanblvd account is some sort ofΒ tour account like some people were speculating, and they just set it up way too early. Or in a hilarious turn of events it has nothing to do with Lana and we never hear from it againΒ :lel:

Β 

Also I'm not convinced they were actually mad about the release date leakingΒ :whatever2:

Β 

8 hours ago, terrenceszyou said:

I don't know if it was Boz or Kintsugi who said that the album only makes sense listening completely from start to finish, in order.

Β 

I didn't feel that on Ocean Blvd, but I definitely understood what he meant when I heard A&W: it seems like the song starts after a lot has happened, and when it ends, it's abruptly, which makes it feel like there's going to be a lot more to come.

Β 

I can clearly see the previous track (Sweet) with the early A&W piano, as well as the next track, Judah's Interlude, with a similar beat from Jimmy's part. May all tracks have these smooth transitions. It will be so nice to hear.Β 

nope, he didn't say that, he said that the song titles only make sense when you listen to the song:silly:

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

So apparently Jimin from BTS will have physical copies upon release, he is the only competition she has for that #1 and Morgan if he does as well as with his previous album charting high for weeks to come. Hope she can pull it tho kpop stans might go crazy for this...Β 

3 minutes ago, nectarofthegodss said:

So apparently Jimin from BTS will have physical copies upon release, he is the only competition she has for that #1 and Morgan if he does as well as with his previous album charting high for weeks to come. Hope she can pull it tho kpop stans might go crazy for this...Β 

There's absolutely no way Morgan Wallen doesn't take the #1.

BzhmW.png