Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

1 minute ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

As much as I would be thrilled for the idea, I really don’t think HM x UV is the sound..especially when a reliable insider (BoZ) dispelled the rumors…alongside us already hearing a single:icant:

It would also be weird cause how would UV x HM sound :thumb3: it would basically be its own thing at that point  :true:

giphy.gif

has anyone tried the did you know that there’s a tunnel under ocean boulevard i thought the did you know that there’s a tunnel under ocean boulevard was lovely :coffee:

1 minute ago, Venice Peach said:

I feel like that's too subjective to confirm or dismiss tho :um2:

I don't think the title track sounds like HM or UV at all but if we get strings and electric guitar I could kinda see the comparisons... 

I'm still a bit skeptic though

yes i dont usually believe the "X ALBUM meets Y ALBUM" rumors cause everyone has a very different perception of each album and which elements of them stand out more based on their fav tracks/personal preferences. that's why DW and BOZ contradict each other on this one. aside from this specific statement, everything else can and can not be true, but we have no way of knowing (given DW's past statements which turned out to be true, i personally believe there's a rather higher inclination to the chance that they may be right but who knows...)

Just now, ultrablvds said:

has anyone tried the did you know that there’s a tunnel under ocean boulevard i thought the did. you know that there’s a tunnel under ocean boulevard was lovely :coffee:

i thoroughly enjoyed the did you know that there's a tunnel under ocean boulevard. i also thought the don't forget me was lovely as well :true:

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

3 minutes ago, Sportscruiser said:

Wow it truly is bizarre that most of her features barely sing. So far it’s pretty much Jon Batiste or bust.

But pretty nice of her to give them feature credits! 

miles kane is somewhere sobbing into his bowl of cocaine rn :omfg2:

Wq9zHLl.jpg

Just now, Venice Peach said:

Is it true that the Rockefeller title is easy to guess or is BOZ trying to make us lanaboardians work overtime for nothing? @DragonWhore

(not like we tried that hard tho) :thumb3: maybe we already guessed it and he didn't notice/confirmed it

i really think that it's called "late nights" that's a lana-esque title and it makes sense considering it was the IG description

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

1 minute ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

As much as I would be thrilled for the idea, I really don’t think HM x UV is the sound..especially when a reliable insider (BoZ) dispelled the rumors…alongside us already hearing a single:icant:

I said it last wednesday and I’ll say it again: the title track is Honeymoon meets Blue Banisters with a little bit of Norman in the second verse. There are countless posts in the last few days of people transcending going from the new song to any Honeymoon track so it makes sense that some people might find it remotely evocative of Honeymoon.

What I’m having trouble picturing is Lana ever tapping into the UV sound but I don’t say this because I doubt DW (I really don’t) but because that might be the point where subjectivity comes in and evoke different feelings to different people while Honeymoon can most likely be a more obvious reference.

IMG-1607.jpg

1 minute ago, the ocean said:

i thoroughly enjoyed the did you know that there's a tunnel under ocean boulevard. i also thought the don't forget me was lovely as well :true:

with when’s it gonna be my turn on the side  :dance:

and btw... when people say HM meets X ALBUM, what aspect of HM are they referencing? cause it's a very wild album... HBTB, Art Deco and Freak share a space with Honeymoon (track), Burnt Norton, Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood... it's a really weird thing to say considering that all of her albums are very chaotic in aesthetics (aside from NFR! AND UV which to me are her more consistent records)

On 12/7/2022 at 10:15 PM, kraljicabenzinske said:

12. And I Touched You Gently, Massaging Your Cone-Shaped Had Until It Became a Circle

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

1 minute ago, tulsaglory said:

and btw... when people say HM meets X ALBUM, what aspect of HM are they referencing? cause it's a very wild album... HBTB, Art Deco and Freak share a space with Honeymoon (track), Burnt Norton, Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood... it's a really weird thing to say considering that all of her albums are very chaotic in aesthetics (aside from NFR! AND UV which to me are her more consistent records)

Honeymoon is an album that demands to be listened to from start to finish, in my opinion. It’s definitely an unique experience but it’s incredibly cohesive and the track order serves a huge purpose.

IMG-1607.jpg