Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

I just feel like Lana has ALWAYS been able to create vulnerable and personal songs. Hope is a dangerous thing is a prime example of that. And it didn’t require her to take this thought-flowing freestyling vocals and melodies route like she did on Fingertips. She has the ability to blend her poetry and music into one beautiful melodic entity so Fingertips to me’s just unusual in that aspect. Again, it’s a lovely song but i prefer the Hope is a dangerous thing, Wildfire Wildflower, A&W structure. Appreciate it for what it is tho. 

Spoiler

jon batiste interlude is so scary like it sounds like a scary cult leader laughing

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

2 minutes ago, blackpalmtrees said:

I just feel like Lana has ALWAYS been able to create vulnerable and personal songs. Hope is a dangerous thing is a prime example of that. And it didn’t require her to take this thought-flowing freestyling vocals and melodies route like she did on Fingertips. She has the ability to blend her poetry and music into one beautiful melodic entity so Fingertips to me’s just unusual in that aspect. Again, it’s a lovely song but i prefer the Hope is a dangerous thing, Wildfire Wildflower, A&W structure. Appreciate it for what it is tho. 

i agree,

Spoiler

i think it depends if melodies are really important to you when listening to music if you will enjoy fingertips

1 minute ago, baddisease said:

is it ok to ask if the album leaked yet? @Elle, is it ok to ask?

it didn't only 3 songs untagged and the interludes + peppers + grandfather tagged, and a snippet of paris texas

Spoiler

The way that sweet was overlooked by the insiders, and it’s stellar

all the untagged tracks are upper echelon.

I personally think this album is as rich as HM, the production is giving musical Disney cinematic tragic romance the way we were vibes.

i can’t wait to hear the rest.

IM STRONGER THANgiphy.gifALL MY MEN...

Spoiler

Thinking about the use of “drive-by” in Fingertips. In fact, so much of her discography can be re-interpreted through the lyrics to that song. If Patti separated Aaron and Lana back when they were teenagers, and then Aaron later died, that could basically be the building block of the entire Lana mythology.

In the Born to Die music video, she dies in a car crash while he survives. Or Dark Paradise lyrics: I wish I was dead, dead like you.

So much to think about, really. This is gonna be the greatest album by the greatest American songwriter, count on it! 

Spoiler

The Grants is rly flooring me & my dads first concert was a John Denver one actually so that has made the name drop, especially in a song about holding onto your memories of loved ones, so much more special 2 me,,,, like it's dumb but

my fathers first concert being a John Denver one... I'm gonna take that too with me :krylie::krylie: i think i should play him this song , he'd probably like it

5 minutes ago, taco truck said:

it didn't only 3 songs untagged and the interludes + peppers + grandfather tagged, and a snippet of paris texas

Snippets of Kintsugi and Taco Truck too

1 minute ago, takemetothegasstation said:
  Hide contents

Thinking about the use of “drive-by” in Fingertips. In fact, so much of her discography can be re-interpreted through the lyrics to that song. If Patti separated Aaron and Lana back when they were teenagers, and then Aaron later died, that could basically be the building block of the entire Lana mythology.

In the Born to Die music video, she dies in a car crash while he survives. Or Dark Paradise: I wish I was dead, dead like you. So much to think about, really. This is gonna be the greatest album by the greatest American songwriter, count on it! 

Spoiler

I really think Aaron is K, and his death was the inspiration for that "character". I don't believe she ever had a boyfriend that was on death row. 

16 minutes ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

added more of my rambling analysis/thoughts on the fingertips lyrics.. i really do think these are some of the most personal and devastating lyrics of her career..  i think i'm sort of getting somewhere with my analysis of it even though the song is very dense and there's so much more to unpack  :eek2:

Reveal hidden contents

and i still haven't even mentioned the huge motif of death that is present throughout the song  :facepalm:  

You’re a genius and I did wonder if the 

Spoiler

“When I was 15, naked / next door neighbours did a drive by” lyric was a reference to what you said. I haven’t seen anyone else mention it yet so I thought I must be overanalysing 

And also

Spoiler

The fact that Patricia is called out so many times. Also in fingertips “will you be there with me? Father, sister, brother”
I wonder if she feels awkward lmao 

3 minutes ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

wow i wonder if that rly could be a reference to that 

Spoiler

because then it adds a whole layer to the btd mv.. at the end of the video lana dies in the crash and the guy survives, and in fingertips, lana sort of insinuates that she doesn't get why he died and she didn't.. i wonder if that was why lana chose to do the car crash scene as well as close the btd vid w her death.. it also ties into other btd lyrics like he said, "i wish i was dead, dead like u", etc

fingertips rly does explain everything "from the start" like she said   :gclap:

Just now, Brightsun said:
  Hide contents

Gays and ladies wait for the album to leak in full to listen it's the best first listen experience i have ever had :trisha:

:sideeye:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: