Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

Just now, Sportscruiser said:

The lyricism is eating every other album in her discography. She’s on a whole new level.

I told y’all she’s entering the legendary realm of Tori, Fiona and Kate Bush. There’s no coming back from here :nails:

OKAY!!!! 👏 but sonically, thoughts?

The TT snippet  

Spoiler

Is 30 seconds, low quality, and sounds like it’s being played INSIDE the tunnel under Ocean Blvd. How anyone can trash a 5 minute song based on a shitty 30 second clip is beyond me. :oprah3:

topsters2-2-1.png

It's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me.

7 minutes ago, margaret soty said:

no

Spoiler

It literally sounds like Tulsa Jesus Freak but with some synths lmao

Spoiler

but the instrumental sounds totally identical, I would dare to say that it is the same xdddd

Edited by That Venice Bitch
Added spoiler

𝓘'𝓶 𝓸𝓫𝓼𝓮𝓼𝓼𝓮𝓭 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓼

𝓒𝓪𝓷𝓭𝔂 𝓝𝓮𝓬𝓴𝓵𝓪𝓬𝓮𝓼

lv-0-20230326000515.gif

Like I told y’all yesterday, I mistakenly (but also willingly sat through) like, the first minute of Fingertips on Tik Tok and y’all. Please tell me this song only gets better throughout because it was sounding like a Hope-tier song.

5 minutes ago, anwdelrey said:

Can someone that isn’t jaded by initial first listen hype with these leaks tell me if this album is actually shaping up to be good, ie on NFR’s level? I’m really hoping y’all. I need another GOOD album.

Because let’s be real, we all hyped up Blue Banisters during its first few months.

Spoiler

I personally think if u don’t like blue banisters u won’t like The Grants, Sweet, or Fingertips very much, those songs she uses her Arcadia vocals and the lyrics are a bit clunky in some parts in my opinion… however Taco Truck, Peppers, and Fishtail, Kintsugi, Paris, Texas all sound rly good imo. Grandfather is great it sounds a lot like mariners.  

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

I just want to say how impressed I am that you guys are all using your spoiler tags.. I’m sad that I’m missing out but thank you for being considerate :cryney2:

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

2 minutes ago, TerrenceOnKilos said:
Spoiler

It literally sounds like Tulsa Jesus Freak but with some synths lmao

girl that's because it's heavily downscaled by whoever uploaded it just like the last two snippets 

Edited by That Venice Bitch
Added spoiler

Just now, anwdelrey said:

OKAY!!!! 👏 but sonically, thoughts?

Spoiler

The spiritual, complex, dense, refined older sister of NFR, based on what I’ve heard so far.

If NFR represents a whole day going from sunrise to a hot summer night, Tunnel is giving the opposite vibe: starting in a pitch dark cold summer night at the beach and going all the way to a hopeful dawn. Far more cohesive than I thought it would be.

Grandfather is going to gag everybody here. It’s one of her greatest accomplishments. The sax, those guitars clashing, the delicate piano, her vocal performance… it’s the sonic thesis of the album!

IMG-1607.jpg

9 minutes ago, anwdelrey said:

Can someone that isn’t jaded by initial first listen hype with these leaks tell me if this album is actually shaping up to be good, ie on NFR’s level? I’m really hoping y’all. I need another GOOD album.

Spoiler

GOOD is such an understatement :lange:

2 minutes ago, taco truck said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I personally think if u don’t like blue banisters u won’t like The Grants, Sweet, or Fingertips very much, those songs she uses her Arcadia vocals and the lyrics are a bit clunky in some parts in my opinion… however Taco Truck, Peppers, and Fishtail, Kintsugi, Paris, Texas all sound rly good imo. Grandfather is great it sounds a lot like mariners.  

Ok so as I predicted she needs to 

Spoiler

stop working with Drew Erickson.

9 minutes ago, m0th3rcr33p said:

same this is the first era i am extremely excited since nfr 

Same, but not in the NFR way I'm not gonna lie either... I feel like nothing will top NFR for me ever, unless she makes a NFR 2.0

2 minutes ago, taco truck said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

For what it’s worth I really don’t like BB and I absolutely love The Grants and really like Sweet. Fingertips will take more time, but it’s really interesting. 

topsters2-2-1.png

It's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me.

damnnn i swear some of y’all just come on here and bad mouth lana’s art every chance you get

i understand having opinions but my gosh. can’t you just be appreciative that she’s still making music?! tf you here for if you’re just gonna be negative all the time 

8 minutes ago, anwdelrey said:

Because let’s be real, we all hyped up Blue Banisters during its first few months.

We have rich jazzy ballads, trap songs and Experimental songs 

Yes it is not on nfr level, i would say it's more honeymoon level

its not simple its trigonometry on We Heart It

4 minutes ago, taco truck said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

I can't find that Arcadia vocals you mention. :xgiggle: