Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

1 minute ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

I think Margaret is the last song recorded but Candy Necklace was recorded a bit before that. Who knows, maybe it was considered to be scrapped at some point but finally made the tracklist (BoZ talked about a lot of dram behind the scenes)

Is there a snippet for Margaret? If not, it would explain why Margaret and Candy Necklace don’t have any, since they were added last and leakers might not have them. 

I don't get these opposing insights. On the one hand, Candy Necklace is THE SONG, on the other, it was almost scrapped. 

Personally, I don't think John Baptiste would have collaborated with LDR in the studio (on two tracks, no less) just for it to be ""almost scrapped." I don't know what the alleged drama was all about with this track, but I doubt that it ever came to that. My two cents.

Just now, barttttender said:

I don't get these opposing insights. On the one hand, Candy Necklace is THE SONG, on the other, it was almost scrapped. 

Personally, I don't think John Baptiste would have collaborated with LDR in the studio (on two tracks, no less) just for it to be ""almost scrapped." I don't know what the alleged drama was all about with this track, but I doubt that it ever came to that. My two cents.

Maybe I should have written « postponed » for the next album? Totally agree with you that a Jon Batiste track is major and needs to be put on an album, but if they didn’t agree on the final mix before release, maybe they could have shelved the song for another project? (I can’t imagine the drama if the only track she’d have teased with a snippet wouldn’t have made the Ocean Blvd LP :lmaoney:) you I really don’t know and am just speculating based on the fact that someone here said it was a last minute addition and what BoZ said. 

8 minutes ago, Get Drunk said:

Oh these record stores are playing with me

Hide contents

IMG_4335.png

Hide contents

IMG_4336.png

best-tea.. i feel like if you wouldn't have said anything to them, they wouldn't have realized the album was delayed. we were so close! :trisha:

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose

11 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

I think Margaret is the last song recorded but Candy Necklace was recorded a bit before that. Who knows, maybe CN was considered to be scrapped at some point but finally made the tracklist (BoZ talked about a lot of drama behind the scenes)

Is there a snippet for Margaret? If not, it would explain why Margaret and Candy Necklace don’t have any, since they were added last and leakers might not have them. 

yes, margaret has a snippet :)

the closer we come to the release date the less I want the record to leak… like we can wait now, a leak is not « worth it » anymore. Waiting is a terrible thing for a forum like Lanaboard to have but we must embrace it, when we finally have all the songs we will feel so empty. This was my philosophical thought of the day

Just now, Ultraviolencez said:

i have been waiting for so long just to give up 2 weeks before? girl no im waiting until 24th

2 minutes ago, DeluluBlvd said:

the closer we come to the release date the less I want the record to leak… like we can wait now, a leak is not « worth it » anymore. Waiting is a terrible thing for a forum like Lanaboard to have but we must embrace it, when we finally have all the songs we will feel so empty. This was my philosophical thought of the day

exactly plus it's really the 23rd (NZ) :true:

1 minute ago, Evergreen said:

Just because people don't talk about Candy Necklace doesn't mean they don't have it. Maybe it's not memorable enough. :)

FdLkq55acAExAE_.jpg

Candy_Necklace_best_song_of_all_time.mp3

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

11 minutes ago, DeluluBlvd said:

you're right. i always hate that feeling after i listen to the album cuz then i'm just like "now what?". as fun as it is to make jokes about the album leaking, i don't really mind the wait for her alleged magnum opus.

me oversharing: 

Spoiler

plus, i've never listened to any of lana's album leaks before. the only reason i considered it this era is because of the fact that i'm working at 11pm that thursday. so i won't get to listen till i get off of work... that's gonna be torture. :air2:

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose

I’ve never seen such a fanbase that has members who hold an album hostage like this from each other, let the album free :read:

the people who care will buy it and if it’s as good as they say it is then it will break sale records regardless so y’all know what to do :clapback: