Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

2 minutes ago, brooklyn bitch said:

I really donโ€™t knowโ€ฆ. Ever since she switched her primary producer to Drew Erickson for Blue Banisters, the mixing has been kinda of. Which is shocking since I remember during UV she said she would make the mix the album until itโ€™s perfect, took 5 months. Now sheโ€™s kinda meh about it, it seems

ย 

Spoiler

Mixing has been an issue since NFR imho. I quite genuinely do not enjoy the way Laura Sisk mixes her vocals, I'm sure it's intentional, but the wordier her lyrics get, the more muffled her voice sounds. It's not the case on every song on the record though, but there wereย times where it's like "Lana honey what are you saying?".

ย 

Just now, Yosemite said:
ย  Hide contents

It could be very well be that. That line I thought like some spiritual stuff, like post-death shit. But that can also make sense

ย 

Spoiler

blue and the water is a constant theme for her thru the albums so i think she tried to drown herself. but just how im interpreting it

ย 

omnia vincit amor : LANA DEL REY behind the scenes with interview...

5 minutes ago, whitelungswhitepalms said:

Give us a rundown babesย 

ย 

Spoiler

I should do first listens while drunk more often it was truly an experience. Overall I thought the album was topย fucking tier it was truly sensational. Her mind is unlike any other in the music industry and I stan harder than I ever have. My thoughts are based solely on my first listen:

ย 

1) Having Candy Necklace really would have amplified this initial listen and while I wish we had it to better rank my train of thought I think itโ€™ll be the cherry.mp3 on top! I have no doubt itโ€™ll be in the top tier category for me :true:

2) I held my dog and SOBBED duringย Kintsugi I was not fucking ready my dog was licking my tears trying to make me feel better which honestly made me cry even harder. Something about the muffled aspect of her vocals in this particular track was so retro, and the vocal delivery/lyrics fucking KILLED ME FUCK YOU LANA I LOVE YOU FOR MAKING ME FEEL THIS WAY I HATE TO CRY BUT YOU DID IT AGAIN FUCK FUCK FUCK ๐Ÿ˜ญ

ย 

3) The album was very piano heavy despite having lots of surprises and I canโ€™t wait to see the piano meltdowns I love the pianoย :creepna:

ย 

4) My initialย song ranking is below in album order:ย 

Top Tier:ย 

-The Grants

-Did You Knowโ€ฆย 

-A&W (specifically the first half, second half is nice but the first half has more meat ๐Ÿฅฉ)

-Fingertipsย 

-Kintsugiย 

-Grandfather

-Let The Light In

-Margaret (I was shook at how much I loved this, the Jack feature didnโ€™t bother me as much as I thought it would have, melody is absolutely beautiful)

-Fishtail (was not expecting the chorus almost checked myself into the ER doing the splits ๐Ÿ’€)

ย 

Mid Tier:ย 

-Sweet (really enjoyed her this past week but comparativelyย I thinkย sheโ€™s mid tier)

-Peppers (there was a moment (during the bridge??) where the beat changed and it was incredible it was kinda 50โ€™s sounding and the track really stood out, need more time with her but I know sheโ€™ll grow)

-Taco Truck (similar to A&W the first half was really interesting but the second half kinda seemed too recycled almost like a remix or a mashup of the VB from NFRย like I get it was the OG but I wish that as a closing track it was more powerful than it was, but I have a feeling this track will grow on me too but ngl it was a bit underwhelmingย at first)

ย 

Bottom Tier:ย 

-Judah Smith Interlude (hate peopleย screaming in my ear)ย 

-Jon Batiste Interlude (same point as above)

-Paris, Texas (wasnโ€™t as big on the melody for this one but I think thereโ€™s growing potential, was also kind of repetitive from what I recall)

ย 

ย 

What did you think luv @whitelungswhitepalms? Iโ€™ve read maybe 1% of spoilers on this forum so sorry if you posted and I missed it! I was tryna stay virginal :ma:

2 minutes ago, Yosemite said:

About Fingertips:

ย  Hide contents

What do y'all think this meant? I have this theory I'll put after the verse

When I was fifteen, naked

Next door neighbors did a drive-by

Pulled me up by my waist, long hair to the beachside

I wanted to go out like you

Swim with the fishes that he caught on Rhode Island beaches

But sometimes it's just not your time

ย 

When I first listened to the track, I thought she's telling us abt a moment in her life whereย maybe she was so high on drugs/or so drunk at home, then her mother arrives, seesย Lana so drunk/high to the point of almost getting an OD (or even ODing)ย and pulled her by her waistย taking her to the hospital or wtv, while neighbors were passing by seeingย the whole thing. The line I wanted to go out like youย to meย means sheย really triedย killing herself by taking pills/doing drugs or something along the line. I know some of you talked abt this being abt rape & that could be the reason of why she did that stuff.

ย 

Spoiler

Sheโ€™s definitely singing about a suicide attempt. Her Uncle Dave who she references in that song, reportedly lived in Rhode Island for some time and fished a lot. He died while rock climbing. Which is referenced in this song. I think this is the same uncle who taught her guitar, so he mustโ€™ve meant a lot to her.ย 
ย 

I noticed a lot of the piano songs are based around mortality and get very metaphysicalย 

ย 

1 minute ago, ChaoticLipster said:
ย  Reveal hidden contents

This album is so polarising omg

ย 

Spoiler

In reality it's not. People are fighting about which songs are better or worse and pretty much everyone has a different top 5, it shows how strong the album is.ย :true:

ย 

Spoiler

I listened to all the songs through a very good set of speakers that image very well and the songs sounded good to me. Honestly the least well mixed one was A&W and that played from Apple Music.ย 

ย 

topsters2-2-1.png

ย 

It's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me.

3 minutes ago, Yosemite said:

About Fingertips:

ย  Hide contents

What do y'all think this meant? I have this theory I'll put after the verse

When I was fifteen, naked

Next door neighbors did a drive-by

Pulled me up by my waist, long hair to the beachside

I wanted to go out like you

Swim with the fishes that he caught on Rhode Island beaches

But sometimes it's just not your time

ย 

When I first listened to the track, I thought she's telling us abt a moment in her life whereย maybe she was so high on drugs/or so drunk at home, then her mother arrives, seesย Lana so drunk/high to the point of almost getting an OD (or even ODing)ย and pulled her by her waistย taking her to the hospital or wtv, while neighbors were passing by seeingย the whole thing. The line I wanted to go out like youย to meย means sheย really triedย killing herself by taking pills/doing drugs or something along the line. I know some of you talked abt this being abt rape & that could be the reason of why she did that stuff.

ย 

Spoiler

I feel like the lyrics suggest drowning or being in the water. "I wanted to go out like you" feels to me like a play on "go out" like dying and "go out" like on the water. Especially with the lyrics before and after referring to the beach and the ocean. Could have been the result of what happened with her neighbors. Skinny dipping is referenced several times, too, so maybe it was skinny dipping with the neighbors gone wrong?

ย 

Just now, esotericfaerie said:
ย  Hide contents

whyโ€™re you acting like this is the only album where she has hot and sexy songs?? her previous albums did not have this issue which is why hearing it on her newest is disappointing

ย 

Spoiler

Itโ€™s the future of music. Perfect imperfections they are raw and a fucking vibe

it seems boring if you start to critic music too much wanting it to be super structured like these work and are amazingโ€ฆbut everyone has different opinions obviouslyย 

ย 

1 minute ago, brooklyn bitch said:
ย  Hide contents

Sheโ€™s definitely singing about a suicide attempt. Her Uncle Dave who she references in that song, reportedly lived in Rhode Island for some time and fished a lot. He died while rock climbing. Which is referenced in this song. I think this is the same uncle who taught her guitar, so he mustโ€™ve meant a lot to her.ย 
ย 

I noticed a lot of the piano songs are based around mortality and get very metaphysicalย 

ย 

:trisha:

ย 

the trio of:

Spoiler

ย 

paris, texas

grandfather

let the right in

ย 

some of her best work ever!!!!

ย 

didn't see that coming. Jack slays!

ย 

but i just realized Candy Necklace and John Baptiste interlude are missing wtf ๐Ÿ˜ฉ

ย 

ย 

TACO TRUCK EXCLUSIVE INITIAL THOUGHTS

Spoiler

1. Taco Truck half needs to be 1-2 minutes longer, the Venice Bitch part is way too long and is kind of weird that there is just a remix of one of her most iconic/popular songs tacked on at the end. But honestly itโ€™s still a bop and iconicโ€ฆ

ย 

2. Fishtail is laughably bad honeslty. Sounds like a 2017 demo and Iโ€™m kind of sad bc I was excited for a sexy bop

ย 

3. Margaret is that bitch and she will be misunderstood by many but I will understand herโ€ฆ the outro is one of the best parts on the entire album

ย 

4. Kintsugi is so gorgeous there is just something wrong with her vocals on this album itโ€™s so muffled and weird sounding in like half the songs

ย 

5. Overall I really like the album, Iโ€™ll do a ranking in a minute after I think about it more but the only songs I actually outright dislike are fingertips, fishtail, and sweet which is a lot better than how many songs i disliked on bb

ย 

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

โ€ห–ยฐย โ‹†.เณƒเฟ”ย this is my idea of funย ยฐโ€โ‹†.เณƒเฟ”*:๏ฝฅ

WHO HAS THE LYRICS FOR ME TO READ IT WHILE I LISTEN I NEED THEM PLS K THANKS

Spoiler

Fishtails is giving Midnights to me and I'm here for it honestlyย :hype:

ย 

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

1 minute ago, taco truck said:

TACO TRUCK EXCLUSIVE INITIAL THOUGHTS

ย  Hide contents

3. Margaret is that bitch and she will be misunderstood by many but I will understand herโ€ฆ the outro is one of the best parts on the entire album

ย 

Spoiler

:true: trulyย 

ย 

topsters2-2-1.png

ย 

It's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me.

1 minute ago, Enco said:
ย  Hide contents

Itโ€™s the future of music. Perfect imperfections they are raw and a fucking vibe

it seems boring if you start to critic music too much wanting it to be super structured like these work and are amazingโ€ฆbut everyone has different opinions obviouslyย 

ย 

Spoiler

again, youโ€™re missing my point. it has nothing to do with structure. itโ€™s strictly the mixing and production of the vocals. listen to the โ€œred flags greenโ€ line in fishtails and itโ€™s so jarring. i actually love the melodies of the last three songs but the way her vocals are mixed just sticks out (besides the taco section)

ย 

Spoiler

Taco Truck x VB really was a disappointment honestly. The first part should've been the whole song with its own ending, I'm fine with trap beats when they actually contribute to the melody, but it felt like listening to an amateur remix of Venice Bitch.
ย 

I appreciate the factย that she reworked the song for the sake of reworking it, but it would've actually been kind of a slay if she had merged Taco Truck into Venice Bitch and keptย the same style.

She already had doneย a more natural instrumentation/trap beats feat on the album with A&W and it was done very well, on Taco Truck though? Eh not so much.

ย 

new leaked songs thoughts:

Spoiler

judah: was cute but wasnt expecting it to be her just recording a voice memo to her watching his stream

john: i loveeee the instrumental in this

kintsugi: will need to grow on me

paris, texas: LOVEEE THISSSSS it sounds majestic

grandfather: one of her best wont lie

let the light in: a gorgeous song that makes me wish her and joshua were dating

margaret: i wish i had a friend to write something like this for me

fishtail: wasnt expecting the beat drop. better than aw imo

ttvb: saurrrr cute. i love the sample and how vb was reworked

ย