Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

6 minutes ago, NikoGo said:

I just know Fishtail is going to be the song we talk about for years and ask for a 2.0 of :angie:

i honestly think is whole album will be something we want a 2.0 of years down the road :true: 

4 hours ago, shadesofyayo said:

BOZ:

Why are you suddenly focusing on which track is possibly the worst instead of hyping yourself for what could be best? :deadbanana2: I'm not a big Lana fan for years now, I know what she's capable of so when something doesn't live up to her highs I'm not gonna force myself to enjoy it more. Actual Lana fans gonna automatically like everything more than me regardless of how it sounds. The fact I think this is top 3 in her discography should leave you no doubts how even greater it will be for you. Best thing to stop forming your opinions on songs based of random peoples comments at all. Wait, listen, decide.

This is definitely her magnum opus

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

now that some time has settled let's start speculating! :party:

for starters i wanna begin with Taco Truck x VB, does anyone remember when Lana was at Venice Beach with Mike? I think either something happened that day which prompted her to write and think of Venice Bitch or idk her and Mike messed around and came up with the song.

honestly if this album turns out to be mid (it won't) i'd get so mad... she's very driven on getting new experiences and meeting cool people so i can forgive her two average (but still enjoyable) albums in a row because of the pandemic, but there's no excuses for tunnel not being at least a 9/10 album sorry

especially not with that amazing photoshoot and so many cool vinyl variants istg

1 minute ago, Selfloathinpoet said:

This album will get a 85+ on MC:angie:

I’m predicting ~92 but 85 at the lowest:ma:

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

3 hours ago, Fingertips said:

I'll feel so bad if you don't like Fishtail, but at least with the two week pushback, you'll have like 2.5 weeks left until you can change your username again :bebe:

True lol at least I won't have to keep it for long

Either way I'm just happy Fishtail isn't the name of the Pastor Interlude :true:

i can’t believe how much attention the album is getting from the GP. the lana tweets fucking skyrocketed, the titties pic has 350k likes on tw :wub: the pic is getting posted alongside other posts about the album and people really do look interested, the tracklist caught people’s attention too

I’m sure this has already been discussed, but I’m really excited to see how this sample plays into Fishtails: the alleged Cinnamon Girl/TJF equivalent of the record (iirc). 

The instrumental completely changes around 2:55, and I have a feeling that portion will be one of the more atmospheric moments on the record. 

I’m curious to see if they’ll make any adjustments to the instrumental as well. I love how spacious it

sounds, but I do think some strings or some Lana-esque flair would really amplify it. We’ll see!

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

Just now, VioletBunny said:

No judgement at all but idk how you guys are listening to the samples beforehand.. leave something for march 24th:wub:

i haven't even listened to TUOB yet this year :bebe:

trying to not listen to it again until the album either leaks or comes out

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif