The Grants

Scariest Lana song?

Raise me up (Mississippi South) [Demo 4] always struck me as creepy and eery. The way she sings the second verse is soooo good and chilling. A lot better than the final version imo. Also Pin Up Galore. The way she sings “I wanna die” at the end is like one of the most striking moments from any of her songs. Also disco too, that one gives me all the vibes.  

All I wanna do is get high by the beach

This is one of my favorite aspects of Lana's music, especially because I get the feeling that it's mostly unintentional 

rmeoRD5.gifvUV63Kk.gif KXksriz.gif

.。*゚+.*.。𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓶𝔂 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓷𝓽𝓲𝓵𝓵𝔂 𝓵𝓪𝓬𝓮 𝓲𝓼 𝓬𝓪𝓽𝓬𝓱𝓲𝓷'

𝓸𝓷 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓵𝓲𝓮𝓻...゚+..。*゚+

1 minute ago, the ocean said:

special shout out to the song that cannot be named :xgiggle:

me and @Maltese Falcon found a version of that song on debris with samples of jim jones talking edited in and it was creepy to say the least

Not even scary it's literally fucking awful :thumb2:

banner.png

suffer does the wolf crawling to thee

1 hour ago, the ocean said:

i think drive by is fictional since she talked about josh kemp in some earlier songs and fictionalized things about that relationship that probably didn't happen so i would assume the same thing with k

I actually don’t think she fictionalised much if anything tbh, most of her work is autobiographical-for example she really was in a cult but it was exaggerated, she really did know a perverted man named Jim B and even named off to the races off one his ted talks 

10 hours ago, kaliuchis said:

For me is Drive By (or pm everything from Sirens 😭) I was listening to it yesterday at 3 AM and it felt so haunting :kum:

i would say flipside, it has a very dark vibes

i have always found money hunny a bit disturbing, but that's not to say i don't like the song - i really like the melody :w8ing:

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif

put me in a movie is probably her most disturbing song. it's good but it just feels like a song that would play in a horror movie about abuse against young girls, just the way she sings it is so vulnerable and sad

5 hours ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

im surprised no one has mentioned a star for nick

indeed!!! that song is like the definition of haunting to me.

I also find the (amazing and fantastic) instrumental to OTTR (the verses!) a bit creepy tbh

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

Once Upon a Dream is pretty haunting. Sounds like she's singing over a grave of her loved one. I can also imagine a lonely ghost in a haunted house singing about her dead husband/lover she never got to see in the afterlife. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

On 1/3/2023 at 11:23 PM, daddyishere said:

I don’t think it’s been 100% confirmed, which honestly further adds to the eeriness of the song for me. I think within the context of the lyrics K was originally sentenced to 30 years, but then was later given a harsher sentence and was executed. Don’t know anything about New York law (where I assume this would have happened if it did) so I’m not sure how it would even work for someone’s sentence to be changed like that.

I agree with everything you said. Not knowing what happened, who it was, etc, but that it did happen makes it more chilling. 

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°