The Grants

Scariest Lana song?

Another one that always gives me chills is the Beautiful People demo when she says:

She wants to die/she should fucking try

I always wonder if she means "she should try to die" or if she should try harder in life, I guess to be happy lol I prefer the latter because its less depressing but it could be either one

2 minutes ago, lemonadetan said:

put me in a movie (acoustic demo) 

This is such a good one. Something about the acoustic demo of PMIAM really brings to light the true sadness of the song, and it can be quite haunting 

imageproxy.jpg

4th of July and Put Me In A Movie (Acoustic Demo) take the fucking cake sorry

2 minutes ago, daphnedinkley said:

Baby Blue Love creeps me out a bit and Jesus Is My Boyfriend def makes me uneasy 

Jesus Is My Boyfriend is so unsettling because what is she even talking ab 😭😭

😋🫶🏼

Definitely Drive By. Her higher pitched voice mixed with the lyrics make this song so haunting to listen to. When I first listened to it I felt just how scared and confused she must have been when the events of the songs occurred to her :(

15 minutes ago, daddyishere said:

Definitely Drive By. Her higher pitched voice mixed with the lyrics make this song so haunting to listen to. When I first listened to it I felt just how scared and confused she must have been when the events of the songs occurred to her :(

Is it confirmed that it happened? Her songs seem to tell conflicting stories (imprisoned for 30 years vs. executed) about "K". Maybe I'd rather not know tbh. 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

4 minutes ago, Mer said:

Is it confirmed that it happened? Her songs seem to tell conflicting stories (imprisoned for 30 years vs. executed) about "K". Maybe I'd rather not know tbh. 

I don’t think it’s been 100% confirmed, which honestly further adds to the eeriness of the song for me. I think within the context of the lyrics K was originally sentenced to 30 years, but then was later given a harsher sentence and was executed. Don’t know anything about New York law (where I assume this would have happened if it did) so I’m not sure how it would even work for someone’s sentence to be changed like that.

5 minutes ago, daddyishere said:

I don’t think it’s been 100% confirmed, which honestly further adds to the eeriness of the song for me. I think within the context of the lyrics K was originally sentenced to 30 years, but then was later given a harsher sentence and was executed. Don’t know anything about New York law (where I assume this would have happened if it did) so I’m not sure how it would even work for someone’s sentence to be changed like that.

If it is a true story, the reverse would make more sense (perhaps the death penalty was banned), but I agree--either way both those songs are so eerie to me now. Before I knew the lore, I thought "For K Part 2" was the sweetest sexiest song ever :toofunny:

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️