jadee

Opinions on a possible 2023 tour/setlist?

14 minutes ago, Del Norte County said:

u guys think she is touring after releasing the album or not at all? :cryney:

Yes actually

19 minutes ago, Del Norte County said:

u guys think she is touring after releasing the album or not at all? :cryney:

I don’t think she will do a traditional tour ever again, just because she doesn’t have to. The lifestyle when on tour probably takes a mental and physical toll on any artist, and it’s clear that Lana really loves being at home and in a bit of a routine—she is a Cancerian queen after all and we love our home life lol. Tours and long periods of travel in general feel like a disruption to the serenity and balance of everyday life. After 8+ years of touring, she’s kind of done everything she has had to do in terms of tours - but that’s not to say there won’t ever be some live performances!! 

44 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

I don’t think she will do a traditional tour ever again, just because she doesn’t have to. The lifestyle when on tour probably takes a mental and physical toll on any artist, and it’s clear that Lana really loves being at home and in a bit of a routine—she is a Cancerian queen after all and we love our home life lol. Tours and long periods of travel in general feel like a disruption to the serenity and balance of everyday life. After 8+ years of touring, she’s kind of done everything she has had to do in terms of tours - but that’s not to say there won’t ever be some live performances!! 

this depresses me so much but it’s realistic and understandable. At most, I can see her wanting to do what Weyes Blood did and randomly tour in smaller cities in CA (e.g Ventura, San Jose, etc) in intimate venues but Natalie has a smaller fan base while Lana’s has only grown. 

I deeply regret not seeing her on the NFR tour. At least I have LA to the Moon and Endless Summer to look back to :deadbanana:

sgopYhV.gif

1 hour ago, IanadeIrey said:

I agree with your analysis and don't think she's going to do a traditional tour in the near future, but I honestly don't think it's fair to say she's done everything she had to do. Not that she has to tour per se, but in my opinion, she hasn't done what it is reasonable to expect from an artist who tours from the moment they tour. I live in France and in the past eight years, she has been there once in 2016, once in 2017, and that's it. And it was at festivals so it was super expensive, then she cancelled the 2020 show for the reasons we know. At least she did come to my country, even though I was too young to see her alone and I couldn't afford it anyway; but she never went to Asia or Africa. Still, she really hasn't been a lot in Europe, considering how popular she is here. I agree that it is quite a challenge to tour and that it is understandable that she doesn't want to do it anymore (even though it's probably a lot less challenging for her than for artists who put an emphasis on dancing, visuals, etc), but I don't think her track record with touring when she was touring has been really satisfactory :eartha2: Then again, not every artist has to tour, but from the moment they do, there is bound to be some expectations based on what the average artist who tours does, and I don't feel like she has really met them in the past eight years. And even though touring is tiring, maybe that shouldn't prevail over all the other factors, as touring is a way to brighten the lives of millions of fans, because of how important she is to us, so I really wish she did tour again, even though I agree it's not realistic to expect her to.

1 minute ago, Future Jazz said:

I agree with your analysis and don't think she's going to do a traditional tour in the near future, but I honestly don't think it's fair to say she's done everything she had to do. Not that she has to tour per se, but in my opinion, she hasn't done what it is reasonable to expect from an artist who tours from the moment they tour. I live in France and in the past eight years, she has been there once in 2016, once in 2017, and that's it. And it was at festivals so it was super expensive, then she cancelled the 2020 show for the reasons we know. At least she did come to my country, even though I was too young to see her alone and I couldn't afford it anyway; but she never went to Asia or Africa. Still, she really hasn't been a lot in Europe, considering how popular she is here. I agree that it is quite a challenge to tour and that it is understandable that she doesn't want to do it anymore (even though it's probably a lot less challenging for her than for artists who put an emphasis on dancing, visuals, etc), but I don't think her track record with touring when she was touring has been really satisfactory :eartha2: Then again, not every artist has to tour, but from the moment they do, there is bound to be some expectations based on what the average artist who tours does, and I don't feel like she has really met them in the past eight years.

That’s totally fair! Though I will say - the beauty of being an artist who had their come-up in the 2010s means that there is so much room to make your own rules in terms of things like touring and promotion. I think Lana has done everything she’s had to do by her rules and standards, but you’re so right that so many artists tour more extensively—but then again, different avenues that different artists nurture. Lana has made more albums than most of her peers who tour more than her, so it’s all about what the musician wants! Sorry to hear you didn’t get to see her as much as you wanted :( 

1 minute ago, IanadeIrey said:

That’s totally fair! Though I will say - the beauty of being an artist who had their come-up in the 2010s means that there is so much room to make your own rules in terms of things like touring and promotion. I think Lana has done everything she’s had to do by her rules and standards, but you’re so right that so many artists tour more extensively—but then again, different avenues that different artists nurture. Lana has made more albums than most of her peers who tour more than her, so it’s all about what the musician wants! Sorry to hear you didn’t get to see her as much as you wanted :( 

That is very true! She has made a lot more albums thanks to the time and space she got from not touring that much. :wowcry: Anyway she makes the final decision about that balance between touring and recording. I still hope to see her live one day though because I have literally devoted 11 years of my life to her music :bebe:

21 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

Funny enough the song HOPES IS A DANGEROUS THING... says ''except for the stage which i also call home when im not'' and i always interpretated that she can feel the warmth of home when she's on the stage and that always kept a little hope for me to see her again on tour :aw: 

tumblr_static_7g61u4n53vk0808w440k8gwoo.

*:・゚✧:・゚✧ i catch you on the flipside ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 

1 minute ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

since there is not much to talk about… 

leaks nation have been right about TUOB being released in December, so it could be correct.

are we moving? I think I am moving some :oprah4:

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

video games GIF

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

12 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

since there is not much to talk about… 

leaks nation have been right about TUOB being released in December, so it could be correct.

Deuxmoi posted last year that she was gonna be touring and they also posted about new music in December

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

fuck i almost don't want lana to tour because i'm so scared of not getting GA or even the possibility of not getting tickets at all:suicide:

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

This album is definitely shaping up to be a much bigger album than Chemtrails or BB, as others said, the true follow up to NFR so I feel like there is a bit more of a chance that she will tour again 

At least I'm really hoping she will :true:

It was also kind of impossible for her to tour the past few years due to the pandemic, so it's not entirely because she didn't want to tour....and even though she seemed uninterested in the NFR tour (plus the cancelations) we know now that it was mostly because of her break up with Sean.

She's been touring for years and I saw someone else point out the lyric "Except for the stage, which I also call home, when I'm not" shows she considers the stage her second home in a way

And also "sing it for my babies on the tour life" lol anyways I really hope she tours again and a big tour at that :brows:

♡ 𝔀𝓸𝓻𝓼𝓱𝓲𝓹𝓼 𝓛𝓪𝓷𝓪 𝓓𝓮𝓵 𝓡𝓮𝔂 𝓲𝓷 𝓱𝓮𝓻 𝓪𝓲𝓻𝓹𝓸𝓭𝓼 ♡

27 minutes ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

Are they reliable at all? 

Depends. With Lana, they were right about the title track being released in December.

so, I tend to think it’s possible. The other « insider » accounts, I don’t follow anymore cause they’ve been wrong about Lana all the time. 

1 minute ago, fishtails said:

This album is definitely shaping up to be a much bigger album than Chemtrails or BB, as others said, the true follow up to NFR so I feel like there is a bit more of a chance that she will tour again 

At least I'm really hoping she will :true:

It also kind of impossible for her to tour the past few years due to the pandemic, so it's not entirely because she didn't want to tour....and even though she seemed uninterested in the NFR tour (plus the cancelations) we know now that it was mostly because of her break up with Sean.

She's been touring for years and I saw someone else point out the lyric "Except for the stage, which I also call home, when I'm not" shows she considers the stage her second home in a way

And also "sing it for my babies on the tour life" lol anyways I really hope she tours again and a big tour at that :brows:

I’m 100% sure there will be some kind of tour, if only for the postponed/cancelled dates of the NFR tour :thumb3: