Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

wait what - another leak from l4l called valley of dolls - Jesus , they did fuck up that record my god - they fucked it up so bad

Imagine if she kept Valley of The dolls and Serene queen instead of God bless America or Tomorrow never came or any long titled mess

wait what - another leak from l4l called valley of dolls - Jesus , they did fuck up that record my god - they fucked it up so bad

I know it’s off-topic, but I was bit disappointed with Valley of the Dolls. It’s so short (was it an interlude?) and her voice is not as sharp as her usual songs (like a rushed demo). Makes me think it was abandoned very rapidly while making LFL. It’s not bad, but not exceptional. I guess I was expecting more, something as great as Serene Queen, RBFY or Lust for Life demo.

Personally in regards to LFL, my ideal tracklist for it would be

Young and In Love

Lust For Life Demo

13 Beaches

Serene Queen

White Mustang

Architecture

Coachella - Woodstock in my mind

Heroin

Groupie Love

Beautiful People

Change

Valley of The Dolls

I know it’s off-topic, but I was bit disappointed with Valley of the Dolls. It’s so short (was it an interlude?) and her voice is not as sharp as her usual songs (like a rushed demo). Makes me think it was abandoned very rapidly while making LFL. It’s not bad, but not exceptional. I guess I was expecting more, something as great as Serene Queen, RBFY or Lust for Life demo.

I see your point and I agree but I'm saying the vibe I get from songs like valley of the dolls, bpbp demo, l4l demo, the witchiness of them, it was just going to be THAT bitch but for some reason they ended up watering it tf down I'm so pissed 

Personally in regards to LFL, my ideal tracklist for it would be

Young and In Love

Lust For Life Demo

13 Beaches

Serene Queen

White Mustang

Architecture

Coachella - Woodstock in my mind

Heroin

Groupie Love

Beautiful People

Change

Valley of The Dolls

young and in love, roachella, white mustand and groupie love are not witchy enough - serene queen I like the verse but the chorus is just meh . Maybe add Wild One to the mix , the rest is fire. 

I see your point and I agree but I'm saying the vibe I get from songs like valley of the dolls, bpbp demo, l4l demo, the witchiness of them, it was just going to be THAT bitch but for some reason they ended up watering it tf down I'm so pissed 

young and in love, roachella, white mustand and groupie love are not witchy enough - serene queen I like the verse but the chorus is just meh . Maybe add Wild One to the mix , the rest is fire.

Wild one, shit I knew I forgot one. I'm one of the few who adore Coachella. I think the issue with the released LFL is that it was too political. Ngl I hated In my Feelings and WTWWAW WJKOD. Get Free was meh but I loved Coachella and GBA so much.

It’s true that the witchy sound is always amazing. And the early version of that album sure sounded dreamier, eerier and witchier than HM. It would have been another vanity project. I always loved LFL, but the leaks we got since January makes me realize what you just pointed out. The HM demos are very good, but I still prefer the final versions. The UV demos or finished songs sound completely from another project (which they kinda were), but the LFL cut songs or demos really were something of their own.

I think it was recorded on her iphone? like a voice note, i heard someone say its an early version of NFR but idk

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I think it was recorded on her iphone? like a voice note, i heard someone say its an early version of NFR but idk

It would make sense. The timeline of that song is kinda blurry. Some say it was for NFR while others say it was for LFL.