Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

respectfully, lana does write much better lyrics now than she used to :bebe: not that her writing has ever been bad whatsoever, but in recent years it’s become a lot more insightful and a lot more layered than it used to be, it’s on a whole new level. as much as i dislike BB sonically, the lyrics on especially the new tracks on that album are pure poetry, it’s understandable why a younger person might not relate to them and therefore will dislike them more than the words lana wrote in her 20s, but objectively it’s her best work

2 minutes ago, SoftwareUpgrade said:

:derpna3: This is really dramatic, it's just Lipsters on Lanaboards :omfg2: 

(actually I missed yesterday's mess so maybe you made a point, lol)

7-B66-AF50-2501-4095-AE4-F-8-BF984-CBDF4-F.jpg

UtrMWJM.jpg

~Mon amour,  je sais que tu m'aimes aussi ~

1 minute ago, AntiToxicPill said:

You stated that Lana , according to your opinion writes  better lyrics now . You even dared to touch UV ( which is my absolute favourite album ) and that intrigued me to my core . So I ask you again , kindly and in good spirit , how do you perceive better writing . ?

Mental … at least . 

This is the "Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?" album pre-release thread. Want to pick fights about Ultraviolence and how I "dared" to touch it? Here you go, but I won't be joining. 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

I don’t think the music has gotten better or worse. It’s all been brilliant, but obviously each record has had a distinct sonic landscape that may better amplify certain qualities and strengths of Lana’s musical output.

That said, I don’t think Jack Antonoff has done anything to actualize or legitimize Lana as an artist — if anything, Lana gave Jack the opportunity to reveal his true musicianship with a more classic approach to production, because prior to working with Lana, Jack was known almost exclusively for unique pop music with an 80s flair. To say that Jack helped Lana achieve a particular vision wouldn’t be an untrue statement, but let’s not overstate it. Her compositions dating back to as early as 2005 contain a sophistication that cannot be replicated and at the time, were completely unaffected by co-writers or producers.

An artist of Lana’s stature is allowed to enlist a variety of styles and embody a variety of lyrical moods in her writing, and still be considered a master of her craft completely on her own. 

y'all if you don't like Lana's new writing style then just let her go :icant: it's that simple, you don't have to force yourself to like anything, it's ok if you only like some of her albums, she's literally never going back to pre NFR... wishing that will only make you feel miserable and create pointless drama

1 minute ago, Fingertips said:

This is the "Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?" album pre-release thread. Want to pick fights about Ultraviolence and how I "dared" to touch it? Here you go, but I won't be joining. 

I do not wish to fight . I just wanted you to help me see how the lyrics have gotten better according your opinion . Anyway this whole thing was a  fuss about nothing . Didn’t want to startle you .

6 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

I don’t think the music has gotten better or worse. It’s all been brilliant, but obviously each record has had a distinct sonic landscape that may better amplify certain qualities and strengths of Lana’s musical output.

That said, I don’t think Jack Antonoff has done anything to actualize or legitimize Lana as an artist — if anything, Lana gave Jack the opportunity to reveal his true musicianship with a more classic approach to production, because prior to working with Lana, Jack was known almost exclusively for unique pop music with an 80s flair. To say that Jack helped Lana achieve a particular vision wouldn’t be an untrue statement, but let’s not overstate it. Her compositions dating back to as early as 2005 contain a sophistication that cannot be replicated and at the time, were completely unaffected by co-writers or producers.

An artist of Lana’s stature is allowed to enlist a variety of styles and embody a variety of lyrical moods in her writing, and still be considered a master of her craft completely on her own. 

Perfectly said, my friend. 

And I'll apologize to @AntiToxicPill because I think there was miscommunication here. The tone of your initial post came across as very condescending and sort of aggressive, which made me defensive instead of want to enter a dialogue with you. No biggie if it wasn't your intent.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

5 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

respectfully, lana does write much better lyrics now than she used to :bebe: not that her writing has ever been bad whatsoever, but in recent years it’s become a lot more insightful and a lot more layered than it used to be, it’s on a whole new level. as much as i dislike BB sonically, the lyrics on especially the new tracks on that album are pure poetry, it’s understandable why a younger person might not relate to them and therefore will dislike them more than the words lana wrote in her 20s, but objectively it’s her best work

okay i should rephrase this with, “it’s become a lot more consistently insightful”. her songwriting has always been layered, but recently there have been many more songs on the albums that are so lyrically dense you really need to sit down and study to fully unpack

3 minutes ago, margaret soty said:

Spoiler

Context: This was from fashion week 2018 or 2019, Nicki Minaj threw a shoe at Cardi B and she had a big ass lump on her head. Nicki Minaj also ranted about Cardi B on her Queen Radio show (Apple Music/Podcast). Or maybe they were separate fights 🤔.  

1 minute ago, Fingertips said:

Perfectly said, my friend. 

And I'll apologize to @AntiToxicPill because I think there was miscommunication here. The tone of your initial post came across as very condescending. No biggie if it wasn't your intent.

Nope it wasn’t my intention my friend  .We’re good . 🤝