Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

Had a dream last night about excitedly running into Lana on the street and asking her a million questions in the most annoying valley girl type of accent known to man, but I just couldn’t stop being that way for whatever reason

HELP why does my mind generate these kinds of movies :defeated:

Can anyone please tell me how to replace some tracks in Apple Music Library with different versions ? For some reason a few songs only have clean versions in my country and I need to replace them with explicit versions I have as local files.

more interestingly

10. National Anthem
Released: 2012
Official Singles Chart peak: Number 92
Total UK chart sales: 320,000

Money is the anthem, god you're so handsome. On Lana's big 2012 summer single (the more propulsive demo version is the biggest single she never released), she leaned into the enigmatic allure of celebrity for the first time; spinning a tale of scandalous Page Six romance told against the flash of paparazzo cameras and devotion to the American flag. Its music video, casting Lana as the Jackie to A$AP Rocky's JFK, is perhaps the ultimate distillation of her first album persona; corrupted, beautiful and totally dedicated to her man.

9. Stargirl Interlude (with The Weeknd)
Released: 2016
Official Singles Chart peak: Number 73
Total UK chart sales: 336,000

Despite being less than 2 minutes long, Stargirl Interlude has become one of Lana's most popular tracks in recent years, thanks to TikTok. With the recent success of The Weeknd adding Ariana Grande into a remix of Starboy single Die For You, it doesn't seem a stretch to imagine a fuller version of Stargirl arriving at some point.

8. Don't Call Me Angel (with Ariana Grande and Miley Cyrus)
Released: 2019
Official Singles Chart peak: Number 2
Total UK chart sales: 357,000

While it was perhaps surprising to see Lana team up with Ariana and Miley on this Max Martin cut - she had been steadily dipping her toe into more commercial chart prospects for a while, hooking up with both Martin and Benny Blanco on tracks for Lust For Life - the biggest shock on Don't Call Me Angel is how the song stops in its tracks to accommodate her, proving that even when she was masquerading as a Big Pop Girl (Don't Call Me Angel is still Lana's highest-peaking song in the UK), Lana Del Rey will always be Lana Del Rey.

7. Doin' Time
Released: 2019
Official Singles Chart peak: Number 42
Total UK chart sales: 372,000

A cover of a track originally released by ska-pop band Sublime, Doin' Time is by far the biggest single to come from Lana's confident and assured Norman F**king Rockwell! album, which properly established her as her generation's greatest living songwriter (ironic, then, that Doin' Time is a cover). 

6. West Coast
Released: 2014
Official Singles Chart peak: Number 21
Total UK chart sales: 394,000

Ultraviolence is Lana's magnum opus, and bruised and brilliant sophomore records that abandons the aggressively enshrined aesthetic of Born To Die and, track by track, slowly strips the Lana Del Rey character away. It's lead track, West Coast, is most indicative of this; helping Lana set fire to her old persona and leave New York, setting out on the open road.

lana-del-rey-west-coast-single-artwork.j

5. Blue Jeans
Released: 2011
Official Singles Chart peak: Number 32
Total UK chart sales: 505,000

With hindsight, it's easy to see just how Born To Die and its singles helped to influence the ebb, flow and feel of pop music for the next decade - but Blue Jeans is a succinct reminder of the sometimes under-played effect hip-hop played on Lana's early career. Indeed, her flow, bars and cadence have been just an influential on mumble-rap and SoundCloud-core rappers as they have pop stars like Halsey, Billie Eilish and Selena Gomez.

4. Born To Die
Official Singles Chart peak: Number 9
Total UK chart sales: 757,000

One criticism levied against Lana early in her career was that she was too overly morose. And, yeah, we have to give it to her - Born To Die isn't what you'd listen to for a little pick me up. But fresh off the success of Video Games, Born To Die burnt a very depressing trail back into the UK Top 10, establishing Lana as one of the biggest breakout stars of her time. 

3. Young and Beautiful
Released: 2013
Official Singles Chart peak: Number 23
Total UK chart sales: 813,000

A swooning orchestral masterstroke, Young and Beautiful was originally meant for Lana's Paradise EP, but found its home on the original soundtrack for Baz Luhrmann's adaption of the Great Gatsby. And so it should; its focus on the trap of materialism perfectly melds to the film's themes of lost innocence in a world that's obsessed with image and status, and how they will both, inevitably, fade.

2. Video Games
Released: 2011
Official Singles Chart peak: Number 9
Total UK chart sales: 1.4 million

Quite simply one of the most brilliant and influential debut singles of the 21st century, Lana Del Rey entered the culture as a fully-formed being, with a definitive point of view. The fact that it was also a chart success here - Number 9 peak and over 92 million streams to date - is a testament to Lana reading the temperature of pop music in the early 10s and setting out defy odds and subvert expectations, something she still does to this day.

1. Summertime Sadness (Lana Del Rey vs Cedric Gervais)
Official Singles Chart peak: Number 4
Total UK chart sales: 2 million

In its original form, Summertime Sadness is evocative and stirring. Its big rave-up remix courtesy of Cedric Gervais certainly sands down its edges (just take the tracks Sapphic music video, cut up and edited out of all meaning) but was an unqualified success. Up until Don't Call Me Angel, it was Lana's highest-peaking single in the UK, and with over 2 million total UK chart sales and a staggering 158 million streams, it diluted Lana's image and message for the masses brilliantly.

The story goes that Lana wasn't even aware of the remix's existence until she heard it on the radio one day. For an artist who has never willingly forsaken her artistry for commercial gain, you can certainly believe it.

Overall albums-

https://www.officialcharts.com/chart-news/lana-del-reys-biggest-albums-on-the-uks-official-chart-revealed__32733/

©2023 Official Cha

1 BORN TO DIE
2 ULTRAVIOLENCE
3 NORMAN FU**KING ROCKWELL
4 LUST FOR LIFE
5 HONEYMOON
6 CHEMTRAILS OVER THE COUNTRY CLUB
7 BLUE BANISTERS

The UK loves streaming UV I guess 

11 minutes ago, bluebanesters said:

WHAT IS THIS

I'm assuming they accidentally used a fanmade tracklist from Google or smth instead of the actual one

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

BREAKING: The 'Summertime Sadness' chanteuse Lana del Rey and 'Blank Space' hit-maker Taylor Swift elope together after dumping their boyfriends after dating for 6 months and 6 years respectively. They also announce their joint album 'White. Hot. Forever Together.' out Friday, 13th of October 2023 with lead single 'Say No To Heaven' to be released this Friday. The track has been described as being a sorrowful 6 minutes long vocal performance by Lana del Rey, while her collaborator Taylor Swift supported with demonic ad-libs throughout the song and a harmonica solo breakdown. Lana del Rey refused to make any further comments, while Taylor Swift simply responded with "It was all part of the plan." when questioned.

Spoiler

2016ZeenaSchreck_Press_130916-1-696x462.

can't wait for LDR 9.5 Pre-Release thread to open, for the Unreleased songs being released on an album :sass:

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole